TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who has the HIGHEST mileage SGT out there?

rksiewert

We all know that many bought these cars as collectibles and try to keep the mileage accumulaion to a minimum. However, there has to be more than a few of us who drive the cars every day.

So, what is the highest mileage SGT out there?

Mine - 2008 CSM SGT 1610

Convert Auto

105,319.9 mi as of 05/26/16

I'd guess Jason Monyak...

Jer

I saw one somewhere with 160k+?? I know there are probably a handful of them with more than me. I just turned 120k on Sunday coming back from Gardena. I also bought mine late in 2007. (October 22) The '08s were already on the lot.

I saw one somewhere with 160k+?? I know there are probably a handful of them with more than me. I just turned 120k on Sunday coming back from Gardena. I also bought mine late in 2007. (October 22) The '08s were already on the lot.

This was what I saw on the Shelby GT page on Facebook. It's for sale in NY from Rob Davanzo...salvage title. This is the highest mileage one I've heard of.

I am selling this 07 Shelby gt--it is a 1 owner car that was very well maintained. It has 162k miles but it runs & drives like it has 40k. The stripes over the top of the car & bumpers have been painted on (as the stickers do not last). It is fully loaded and all stock except for a front brake upgrade. The car was hit in pass rear when it was parked--damaged the rear bumper, r/s tail light as well as the edge of the 1/4 panel--it is a rebuilt salvage title in the state of NY. Asking price is $14,500 Call me at 516-698-4402.

I am at 157K right now, I drive it like I stole it everyday. In fact I got pulled over 2 days ago on I-270 northbound in Maryland for just that... :whistling: The cop loved the car and let me off.

157K! Nice! Also, yours is the only other one besides mine that I have seen with that grill. I like it much better than the original! You were lucky on the ticket. Every time I go through MD, I seem to get one. Dang Troopers!

I'm at a little over 121K and have loved every single moment of those miles. :)

If you get a smile with every mile, Those with the most miles are happiest!

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, ForumAdmin said:

It is a violation of Team Shelby rules to sell unlicensed Shelby merchandise, please refrain from doing so or contact Carroll Shelby Licensing to obtain a License.

Thank you.

Totally aware of this and I have never sold any unlicensed Shelby merchandise. What I have done over the years is give away (for free) prototypes that never went anywhere and maybe i should not have done that but the garbage seems a shame.

47 minutes ago, ForumAdmin said:

It is a violation of Team Shelby rules to sell unlicensed Shelby merchandise, please refrain from doing so or contact Carroll Shelby Licensing to obtain a License.

Thank you.

24 minutes ago, andrewnagle1964 said:

Totally aware of this and I have never sold any unlicensed Shelby merchandise. What I have done over the years is give away (for free) prototypes that never went anywhere and maybe i should not have done that but the garbage seems a shame.

This is the first time I'm left with a dirty taste towards Shelby. The members on this post love their cars, so much so that they drive them 100K+, like Mr. Shelby wanted.

We are the core. We sell the "Shelby" brand whenever we can. I understand licensing issues, and the need to protect the brand, but to shut us down on something we deem important to us over licensing, is like shooting oneself in the foot.

With less than a page of upgrades to this car, and not one specific "Shelby GT" product for sale, I'm starting to think the Shelby GT is the forgotten Shelby, ... again, left me with a bad taste.

5 hours ago, andrewnagle1964 said:

While your intentions may be noble it comes down to this is a Corporate website and we can not just look the other way especially when another user complains. If you had obtained a Shelby License you would have known that "prototypes" must be destroyed or turned over to Carroll Shelby Licensing.

Just an FYI, calling us garbage isn't helping your case any.

When you spend years while regional directors try to get something licenced and NOTHING ever happens, what's the point of even trying? Members have great ideas and nothing has ever come of any of them...just sayin

Edited by JASPONY

Just a quick post in support of the Forum admin. Some people have a high level of passion about their Shelby vehicles but sometimes such enthusiasm blinds one to realities.. It is not like the SGT was “forgotten” as someone put it. Shelby had numerous add on mods, parts, etc available for people to personalize their Shelby GT cars for several years. They also had a fair amount of hats, tees and other doo-dads. It is not like SAI suddenly decided one day to say “hey lets screw over the SGT guys”. What happened is SGT people quit buying SGT items with enough frequency to justify keeping the products around, so as time went by and as inventory was depleted, SAI chose not to replenish. It makes absolutely no sense for a small volume manufacturer to maintain high levels of slow moving or dead inventory. Doing so would quickly put them out of business. I myself wish Shelby still made several of the SGT items that they used to make, but I understand it doesn’t make economic sense to do so. As a Shelby enthusiast, I would rather see them stay viable by making smart decisions that keep them profitable and protect their brand so they can stay in business for the long haul and keep the Shelby brand alive.

Like it or not, The forum admin is doing the right thing here.  I commend SAI doing a diligent job of staying on top of licensing because ultimately people selling unlicensed  Shelby product hurts the brand and in many cases it hurts the consumer by devaluing original items. What some people may in their enthusiasm perceive as a nifty or brilliant idea, well…….. sometimes it actually isn’t. I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade here. The 100k mile badge thingy demonstrated creativity and craftsmanship, however it did not exactly set the world on fire or nor did it have hundreds or even dozens of people lining up in the forums shouting they would buy one. A half dozen guys saying “neat idea, I would buy one”  is not a market.   Also, you don’t really see hundreds or even dozens of people sticking 100k mile badges on any cars because it’s really no big deal since  people commonly pass the 100k mark every day. What’s next an “I’ve done 50 oil changes” badge? Sorry, it just doesn't seem to be a broad appeal item.

All the above being said it would be nice if SAI   would do a short run of generic Shelby GT hats or T shirts to cover the 2007-2008 years. But oh wait, here comes the usual suspects that just have to say, "I would buy one if it was black and silver to match my car” , or “I won’t t buy one unless its white and silver and don’t forget white is the fastest color”, or “oh gee, make mine blue and silver for the 2008 year”, or “oh, I won’t buy one unless its orange and silver for the 2008 grabber orange bunch”, then “no wait,  make that silver and orange”, “o yeah, but what about us 2008 Barret Jackson guys don’t forget us, we would only buy one of its black and red” , “nope, I want mine red with black lettering” , then of course you will get “oh hey, don’t forget us 06/07 GTH guys, after all we are the reason Shelby went back in to business blah blah,blah”…………………….at which point the whole SGT items ideas get canned…………

Edited by mhr1961

4 hours ago, 06H275 said:

“oh hey, don’t forget us 06/07 GTH guys, after all we are the reason Shelby went back in to business 

Well at least there is only one color hat required....:hat_tip:

oh wait, you GTH guys like to think it is the reason Shelby went back in business.......and there would not be one hat, but rather  2 colored hats required, one of you would say "I want a black hat with gold letters", and the another would chime in , "no I want a gold hat with black letters"....and then the guys who had thier GTH SC'ed would say, "oh, I only want  a black hat with gold letters but only if it says GTH/SC" , and then another would say "oh no I want a gold hat with black letters that say GTH/SC."........ok, now we are back up to not 2 but 4 hats just for the GTH Hertz Nutz that think the only reason Shelby is in business is because of the Hertz thing.......and again...the SGT items end up getting canned...............

Edited by mhr1961

12 hours ago, andrewnagle1964 said:

7 hours ago, ForumAdmin said:

While your intentions may be noble it comes down to this is a Corporate website and we can not just look the other way especially when another user complains. If you had obtained a Shelby License you would have known that "prototypes" must be destroyed or turned over to Carroll Shelby Licensing.

I think Andrew meant it would be a shame throwing prototypes in the garbage.

The posts in question are gone now.

I've regained my composure over my previous rant.

mhr1961 makes excellent points.

Back to topic: Who can beat 07SGT0517's 190K+

15 hours ago, ForumAdmin said:

8 hours ago, BlackSGT said:

I think Andrew meant it would be a shame throwing prototypes in the garbage.

The posts in question are gone now.

I've regained my composure over my previous rant.

mhr1961 makes excellent points.

Back to topic: Who can beat 07SGT0517's 190K+

ForumAdmin unfortunately you took my comment wrong  and thought that i was calling someone garbage...not sure who you think i meant but that is irrelevant... BlackSGT hit the nail on the head

problem solved prototypes are gone and no more prototypes of any Team Shelby stuff to be made again.... you are correct it is a corporate site and a corporate logo and i do know better

14 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Just a quick post in support of the Forum admin. Some people have a high level of passion about their Shelby vehicles but sometimes such enthusiasm blinds one to realities.. It is not like the SGT was “forgotten” as someone put it. Shelby had numerous add on mods, parts, etc available for people to personalize their Shelby GT cars for several years. They also had a fair amount of hats, tees and other doo-dads. It is not like SAI suddenly decided one day to say “hey lets screw over the SGT guys”. What happened is SGT people quit buying SGT items with enough frequency to justify keeping the products around, so as time went by and as inventory was depleted, SAI chose not to replenish. It makes absolutely no sense for a small volume manufacturer to maintain high levels of slow moving or dead inventory. Doing so would quickly put them out of business. I myself wish Shelby still made several of the SGT items that they used to make, but I understand it doesn’t make economic sense to do so. As a Shelby enthusiast, I would rather see them stay viable by making smart decisions that keep them profitable and protect their brand so they can stay in business for the long haul and keep the Shelby brand alive.

Like it or not, The forum admin is doing the right thing here.  I commend SAI doing a diligent job of staying on top of licensing because ultimately people selling unlicensed  Shelby product hurts the brand and in many cases it hurts the consumer by devaluing original items. What some people may in their enthusiasm perceive as a nifty or brilliant idea, well…….. sometimes it actually isn’t. I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade here. The 100k mile badge thingy demonstrated creativity and craftsmanship, however it did not exactly set the world on fire or nor did it have hundreds or even dozens of people lining up in the forums shouting they would buy one. A half dozen guys saying “neat idea, I would buy one”  is not a market.   Also, you don’t really see hundreds or even dozens of people sticking 100k mile badges on any cars because it’s really no big deal since  people commonly pass the 100k mark every day. What’s next an “I’ve done 50 oil changes” badge? Sorry, it just doesn't seem to be a broad appeal item.

All the above being said it would be nice if SAI   would do a short run of generic Shelby GT hats or T shirts to cover the 2007-2008 years. But oh wait, here comes the usual suspects that just have to say, "I would buy one if it was black and silver to match my car” , or “I won’t t buy one unless its white and silver and don’t forget white is the fastest color”, or “oh gee, make mine blue and silver for the 2008 year”, or “oh, I won’t buy one unless its orange and silver for the 2008 grabber orange bunch”, then “no wait,  make that silver and orange”, “o yeah, but what about us 2008 Barret Jackson guys don’t forget us, we would only buy one of its black and red” , “nope, I want mine red with black lettering” , then of course you will get “oh hey, don’t forget us 06/07 GTH guys, after all we are the reason Shelby went back in to business blah blah,blah”…………………….at which point the whole SGT items ideas get canned…………

Oh i agree the forum admin is correct their site, their trademarked logo and their decision.. if Team Shelby wanted to offer merchandise of the Team Shelby logo they would but they don't want to and they don't need a license. What i think people neglect to understand is the passion of its members and the resources available. 

so you don't like the idea of the 100K badge, i don't like blue cars... and maybe we could run with your idea do merit badges for the members I drove it, i changed my oil, i made love in it, i still have my original tires, etc...

yeah not a huge market for 100,000 mile badge or 250,000 mile badges or 500,000 badges (or a Team Shelby Regional embroidered emblem or a Team Shelby Racing windshield banner or a Berg gas cap or a Berg snake steering wheel emblem or fender stripes or anything else) and someone in corporate didn't want the badges their choice not mine...funny part is i offered to sell them at cost with no minimum  and i was willing to pay for set up and tooling, they could have pre-sold them, so zero upfront out of pocket cost on their part....their decision not mine

18 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Generally speaking, over the years, I don’t agree with your posts. 

However, this was spot on. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2019 at 8:26 AM, 07SGT0517 said:

Just because I like dredging up the past. I am coming up on 220k, still have to install new clutch, driveshaft and flywheel. That's right I am still rocking the original clutch... 

Wow !!

I just passed 21,000 miles and am on my third clutch 😂 

• 7 months later...

Rolled 100,000 miles on the way to work on Friday.  I find myself loosing focus as to what the speedo is showing and more focused on the "race" to and from work on the interstate so I missed the photo op of the odometer rolling over.  So I got a 100,000 grand candy bar to console myself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 3:48 PM, Ryan Hunsberger said:

Rolled 100,000 miles on the way to work on Friday.  I find myself loosing focus as to what the speedo is showing and more focused on the "race" to and from work on the interstate so I missed the photo op of the odometer rolling over.  So I got a 100,000 grand candy bar to console myself.

Nice job Ryan....she’s just getting broke in! 💪