TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-H Hood Issues & Unavailable Parts

I restored my 2007 GT-H convertible #242 which required a repaint and stripe kit. I was unable to locate new windshield wiper nozzles for the deep draw hood. None at SPP or any other supplier I could find on-line. I ended up using $10 generics from O'Reilly that while not correct fit the hole and look okay. If anyone knows where to get correct nozzles, please pass it on. Another problem part is finding the simulated front brake vent bezels for the front air dam as mine are cracked. I think these bezels are also on the GT/SC. Where can I get these bezels? And finally, when I wash the car, water is accumulating inside the deep draw hood. When I raise the hood I hear the water sloshing around inside. I suspect water is coming in around the windshield wiper nozzles or behind the simulated grill at the base of the deep draw hood's inverse scoop. Are there supposed to be drainage holes in the hood to let that water out and if so, where?

The water should not be getting through the faux grill on the deep draw portion as the plastic grill is held on by two sided tape and rivets that should have lined up when it was installed / replaced ... There are many parts like the WW nozzles that should be a stock item but if not then SA could help with the part number and supplier.

No big deal but there is a difference in hoods. Just as an FYI, the GT-H hood is not considered the deep draw hood. The deep draw or also known as the Terlingua hood has the functional heat extractor vent and is a bit taller where as the GT-H hood has a plastic faux grill as mentioned by Larry T which is not functional and lower profile. Some GT-H and SGT owners purchased these when they were available from Shelby. There are no drainage holes on the original GT-H hood. The hood does have two layers so water may be seeping in at your WW nozzles but not sure if the two layers go up that far. My hood is in storage as I have the deep draw hood so I cannot check my washer nozzles. When using the deep draw hood there is a nozzle relocation kit that moves the nozzles to the wiper arms. That said, a little silicone prior to inserting the WW nozzles in the hood may help since they are not originals if I read correctly. Other cause could be to check if the plastic faux grill has the rivets installed. It may have just been double sided taped leaving a small area for standing water to seep in between the two layers at the rivet holes. Original installation had the rivets in addition to the tape.