TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz / Shelby announce GT-H sale at Mecum Monterey 2016

Interesting news. I would assume the these are not from the rental fleet of 150 units which are available starting this Memorial Day weekend. We will have to await the press release from SA as to the number to be produced for sale and whether it will be limited or continue as requested. :cool:

I am disappointed I missed the Fairlane in the background at the opening of the video. I am in the market for a 61 - 63 Fairlane.

Can't wait to see how the production and sale of the 2016 GT-Hs goes. Hopefully next year they will do a convertible!

I've been in touch with a Hertz executive about the new 16 GT-H. He's got one coming for himself and it's supercharged and a manual. Apparently there are 15 of these supercharged manual cars going out to the executives so there should be a few available. Maybe SAI will do a GT350H based on the new GT350 platform. Now that would be super cool. Black with gold stripe GT350H......

post-20749-0-16613600-1464141067_thumb.gif

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

I've been in touch with a Hertz executive about the new 16 GT-H. He's got one coming for himself and it's supercharged and a manual. Apparently there are 15 of these supercharged manual cars going out to the executives so there should be a few available. Maybe SAI will do a GT350H based on the new GT350 platform. Now that would be super cool. Black with gold stripe GT350H......

attachicon.gifHomer loves the GT350H.gif

QSS

Sign me up for a supercharged manual. That's going to be insane. Would fit nicely with #229. I just got her back yesterday as I had a new custom dyno tune programmed. It's now much friendlier and easier to drive on the street. i also did the TSB on the exhaust as I had an annoying rattle that is now finally GONE. I'm so relieved. Anyway, 425 rear wheel horsepower still so that's pretty good. Should still outrun the new 2016, but not that S/C executive version. Dang!

Edited by ITHERTZ66

Just wondering where all these cars were put together. Many of us have visited the SA shop in LV in the past year and I am sure we would have noticed some of the 150 units under cover or somewhere in various stages of assembly.

Just wondering where all these cars were put together. Many of us have visited the SA shop in LV in the past year and I am sure we would have noticed some of the 150 units under cover or somewhere in various stages of assembly.

These were all put together in LV. There's plenty of photos of that posted by Shelby and others who have visited. They were all done in the last two months or so. Exact or close start date I'm sure that Steve or somebody can respond to.

All 2016 Shelby GTH cars were built at Shelby American, Las Vegas Nevada. There has been on average six lifts building these cars so I'm not sure how they're being overlooked unless folks are looking for gold striped cars on the lift. The striping is done in our other building where the cars also await transport.

Doesn't matter much anymore as the rental units are now at Hertz locations. Just a few more executive cars to finish up and the 2016 program is complete.

Steve

This was available to rent today in San Jose. I was going to pick it up but they wanted $400/day and not only would my company not pick up expense but I have to work so wouldn't have time to enjoy it. Beautiful car though.

Shelby%20H%201_zpsrfciqdb7.jpg

Shelby%20H%202_zpsywn0jiwo.jpg

Shelby%20H%203_zpsjtftoqnq.jpg

These are okay looking. Just not into the new body style at all and what Ford did to it. Consequently, only so much can be done with it aftermarket-wise, unlike the previous gen. I'll take my 2006 coupe over this one for the looks alone.

Homer loves the GT350H.gif

QSS

Only 10 supercharged manuals

All other are automatics and normally aspirated.

Edited by sheppd01

• 2 months later...

Spent three days with one in Atalnta. Having rented several 2006 and one 2007 gth cars the new on is beautiful but it does not feel breathed on. The older ones felt as this performance was upped over factory. Short of the track suspension and rumbling mufflers this car was a let down. The hood seems to be fiberglass not carbon fiber. It is incredibly heavy to open. I bought a new 2007 Sgt. And 2009 gt500kr. This gth is no where close to the older cars in my single opinion as to being exciting.