TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Buyin a GT-H and Have a Question

Thought I would add a GT-H to the stable. Am currently doing diligence on a GT-H.

Is there any value in checking the registry in addition to a CARFAX report?

Any things in particular to look for in these?

Thanks!

Thought I would add a GT-H to the stable. Am currently doing diligence on a GT-H.

Is there any value in checking the registry in addition to a CARFAX report?

Any things in particular to look for in these?

Thanks!

You can never have enough information upon which to base your decision to purchase. Absolutely, reach out to Steven Thornton, SA Registry Supv. He may be able to shed some light on the particular car you're looking at. If the car you are interested in is being advertised as an Exec or Licensee car, be certain to ask the seller what specific documentation he has to back up that claim.

If the car is located close enough for a look-see, make the time to check it out. If that's not possible, you'd be well advised to have a third party do an inspection for you. Remember, if it's an x-rental, it likely had some spirited outings on deserted country roads. I would also recommend checking the Autocheck History report in addition to the Carfax Report. I've been researching GT-Hs for a number of years and have viewed a great many Carfax and Autocheck reports for the same car. You're apt to find things reported on Autocheck that are NOT on Carfax.

These are all pretty much common sense suggestions but bear mentioning as a starting point.

Dick

PM sent

Edited by HERTZ II

Where do you live? Are you looking for a coupe or convertible? There are MANY things to look (look out) for when buying one of these. If you are driving distance from Mid-Ohio, I suggest make a trip there in 4 weeks. I'll walk you through it all with several examples on hand right there. Hard to explain in a forum post.

If there is a car that you are interested in but are unable to see it first hand then reach out to other TS members who may be able to view and take pictures for you and if they get posted here many TS members will help point out any issues or areas of concern.

Thanks to everyone for reaching out to me; it was very helpful.

The car is a couple hours away from me. I am going to look at it later this week.

Will let everyone know if I buy it!

David