TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Mustang GT Grabber Orange Pictures

robertlane

Robert... here's a funny (but true) story. When I placed my order in March, I orded the GT with the 18" fanblades (64E) and spoiler delete (13D). This is the very car you've posted here today! Crazy stuff, man. THANK YOU!

I've since changed to 18" bullets (64W) and LEAVE the spoiler on the car (delete the spoiler delete, haha). Personally, I'd have been happy with either configuration, but I'm glad I made those two quick changes. STILL, it's funny to see the car I would have been taking delivery on BEFORE I got it.

Good Gawd, who in Detroit decided to do spoiler delete on a GT? Too much...

Time to go make some popcorn and wait for the videooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Pup

I'm going to order my GT without a spoiler. I like the clean lines better, and the way the rear end tapers down a bit. If I do add a spoiler later, I don't have to worry about covering up holes that would have been left by the factory spoiler. I know some aftermarket spoilers avoid that issue by using the factory holes, but I'd rather go "clean" for a while. If the urge hits me down the road, I may add a ducktail (if I can find one I like).

I think spoilers are over used. They appear on everything from grocery getters to minivans! And none of them demonstrate any measureable improvement in handling, unless you're going like 200+ mph. If you're going for style, it's hardly original. Best of all, a Mustang GT without a spoiler shows the world that you specially ordered your car!

I still want those fan blades too... :yup:

I'm in Detroit and I decided to do a spoiler delete on my 07 GT!

....though I ordered Tungsten, with the 17" bullets and the Charcoal/Dove interior.

I didn't mean it THAT way, like who in the heck would order a GT without a spoiler. I myself decided on spoiler delete in the initial go-round. I was thinking who at FORD in the decision making process decided to run a pre-production GT on the streets in such an 'uncommon' (but COOL) configuration.

Read my next post for my final thoughts on the spoiler/no spoiler debate.

I'm split on the rear spoiler - only because one of my 1969's has one while the other does not. They both look good though.

Robert...

I was looking HARD at my new wallpaper and came to this conclusion. On most GT's I've seen with spoiler delete (meaning, regardless of color) I think the best looking ones have the 18" fanblades. When they have any other wheel BUT the fanblades, I prefer S197's WITH the stock spoiler.

Here's my thinking. The fanblades have more 'surface area' and draw your attention the the wheels. You hardly realize the spoiler is missing. When I saw a Perf White GT with the 18" polished bullets at a dealership, it had the spoiler (as it was dealer stock... and I don't know of any dealers ordering GT's with spoiler deletes, although I thought this wasn't a bad idea) and I said to myself, nice look.

So for me, folks should think about the TOTAL package before going the spoiler delete route. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a pup...

I didn't mean it THAT way, like who in the heck would order a GT without a spoiler. I myself decided on spoiler delete in the initial go-round. I was thinking who at FORD in the decision making process decided to run a pre-production GT on the streets in such an 'uncommon' (but COOL) configuration.

I hear ya PitPup. It's a pretty ambiguos option even for a dealer to add without yet knowing what the customer wants. That was one reason I entertained the idea in the first place... going for the 'rare option' thing.

You're right about the WHOLE package thing too. I had an idea of what I wanted in the long run and that's what really led to the 13D option. The sleeper-esque look of a Tungsten GT with no spoiler and 17" painted bullets was too much for me to pass up.

Oh phew... I was really starting to regret that I didn't order Sirius due to my fear of where they'd put the antenna. I genuinely felt like an idiot when ordering a 1000 watt stereo without Sirius.

Now I'm justifiably glad that I didn't order Sirius after seeing how that antenna looks on the trunk.

Plus they don't play enough AC/DC on satellite radio anyway.

Figuring that 6 CDs loaded with mp3's is gonna put you at about 4.2 gigs, and with my 2 gig Sony Walkman mp3 phone I should have a total of 6.2 gb worth of music... hopefully enough not to complain about what's on the radio.

:rockon:

Archived