TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Battery Recommendations?

Looking for recommendations for a replacement battery for my '09 KR. Still have the stock battery that's going dead after the car sits for a couple weeks.

I'm usually a Die Hard guy, but was curious what you guys would recommend.

Thanks guys. Just went with the original Motorcraft Max AZ BXT-96R. Got 7 years out of the old one and I know this one will fit perfectly.

One more question. I pulled the battery from the KR yesterday afternoon. Went to a Ford dealer near my office at lunch today to get the new one. When I get home and install it, it will be just over 24 hours that the KR has been sitting with no battery in it. I seem to remember reading something years ago about driving the car for a few miles? Is there something that is reset/recalibrated during that process, or am I totally going senile? :headscratch:

I knew I'd seen this somewhere before. Looked first in the KR Supplement manual, then the GT500 Supplement manual and finally found it in the 2009 Mustang manual.

The last line was not true for me. At first the clock showed 0:00, but after idling for about 5 minutes, the time showed up correct. Also, didn't lose any of my station presets.

IMG_2166.jpg

I just replaced the battery in my '08 and headed right out to the state inspection station. It didn't seem very civilized to drive for a while. I had to gear down and ride the brake until I got to the highway. By the time I got back to the house, it was better, but maybe I need to run through the process in the manual before I try to use the A/C.

Looking for recommendations for a replacement battery for my '09 KR. Still have the stock battery that's going dead after the car sits for a couple weeks.

I'm usually a Die Hard guy, but was curious what you guys would recommend.

I say MotorCraft. My original is 9 years old now and I just had it tested. Still as good as new.