TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang Ecoboost vs. Camaro V6

ilmor

To see how they compare today, we combined our recent test drives of the 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost with Performance Package with our test of the all-new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro V6 with RS package.

http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2016/02/test-drive-comparison-mustang-ecoboost-vs-camaro-v6/#.VzNJGNT3arV

I'm guessing not many people really buy a "Non-V8" performance package Camaro or Mustang or even care. I'd like to see a GT vs. SS article.

I was more surprised to read about the quality of fit & finish issues with the new Mustang vs. Camaro; hopefully Ford has address that.

I'm guessing not many people really buy a "Non-V8" performance package Camaro or Mustang or even care. I'd like to see a GT vs. SS article.

Actually, that is one of the best selling of the new Mustangs. Not really my cup of tea either, but the PP Ecoboost 4 market is incredibly hot. The aftermarket has responded with a large number of additional performance parts. It's a new world with the younger generation and at least Ford has responded to that while still giving us plenty of V8 power for those of us that have to have it. As to this article, it is spot on and Ford needs to do something about it. While there is no way I could buy one, I did sit in and check out the new Camaro. The article is spot on, Chevy has done an amazing job with the fit, finish, and quality of the new car over the 15 model.

I stand informed and corrected then. I haven't seen any around CT much but have seen some nice ecoboost YouTube videos of them. Its a shame about the fit and finish issue but I like how they can run 12.60's in the quarter with just a tune. I'd also like to see a supercharged V6 model. The V6's are very much overlooked but the 2011-up 3.7's 300+HP isn't shabby and they are 4V motors with a bunch of potential.

I stand informed and corrected then. I haven't seen any around CT much but have seen some nice ecoboost YouTube videos of them. Its a shame about the fit and finish issue but I like how they can run 12.60's in the quarter with just a tune. I'd also like to see a supercharged V6 model. The V6's are very much overlooked but the 2011-up 3.7's 300+HP isn't shabby and they are 4V motors with a bunch of potential.

My 2013 Roush 3.7 V6 is about 3 tenths quicker than my GT-H was stock with the 4.6 V8 in the 1/4. It's my daily driver and I drive about 100 miles a day, so the V6 is perfect. I average 25.8 mpg (which is better than what I'm hearing from any of the Ecoboost 4 guys I talk to). It is quite a bit quicker around the road course than a stock 4.6 Mustang and actually I have gone quite a bit quicker than quite a few 5.0's and GT500's. But the weight distribution 51% rear 49% front, with the Roush suspension certainly helps out in that department. I agree with you, not many people give the 3.7 much due. Not many perf parts out there for it, but that's not what I'm interested in right now. I may go ahead and supercharge it later this year just for fun. There's already many more performance parts available for the Ecoboost than there is for the V6, but most people with the V6 are not looking for power, but the Ecoboost crowd actually is.

To see how they compare today, we combined our recent test drives of the 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost with Performance Package with our test of the all-new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro V6 with RS package.

http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2016/02/test-drive-comparison-mustang-ecoboost-vs-camaro-v6/#.VzNJGNT3arV

Nice review but not much into 4 and 6 cyl Muscle cars no matter how much power they put out....the new Camaro is well put together though kudos to GM on that don't know if any of you noticed

in that vid but the body panels lines on the Mustang were horrible.