TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tow Hook

Before any more track time, I would like to install a front tow hook on my 2007 Shelby GT. Shelby does not sell them anymore. Can anyone out there direct me to the best place to buy a front tow hook and bumper mount. Thanks

Edited by Lynno

Depends on where your at, if your near Dallas, Vorshlag Motorsports has a great set up. Front hook has a custom bracket that drops the hook just below the bumper. The hook screws in through the lower grill opposed to a hole in the front bumper. The rear is hidden behind your license plate. You either remove your plate on race day if you street the car or drill a small hole in the center of your plate. Both are very nice very clean without major external mods to the bumpers. They also have a set of tow/tie down loops that bolt to the rear link arms that are very nice units.

Contact Terry at Vorshlag for details, 972-422-7170

• 4 months later...

I installed a tow hook designed by a Team Shelby member FordFan1

It uses the FRPP hook with his designed mount

Mounts in the center just behind where a front license plate goes with no cutting of the bumper cover

I will look for a picture if you like

Uncertain if he may still have any available but I can ask as he's a close friend and in the Pacific NW too

Larry