TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Country of Origin for the 2010 Factory Rims?

Ford should offer an "All-American" drivetrain option. You get the choice of a native built drivetrain, or an international (lol aka made in China/Mexico) built one. I'd be curious to see how much more the car would have cost. Yes Ford, the wheels are part of the drivetrain.

The thought that I'm zipping along at 140+ on 4 aluminum Chinese bottle caps for rims, is not something I can easily accept. Let's just hope they weren't cast on a Friday afternoon before a long Chinese holiday weekend.

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN

If anyone knows how much the stock rim would have cost to make, here in the US, on a mass production/manufacturer level, Ford in this case, would cost, I'd like to know. I'd imagine most of the price in the Shelby/Weld rim is due to low production of the rim.

Let's just say that it does cost $950 for a US made rim - $600 for a stock rim, that would only make the car $1400 more expensive, for a legitimate set of rims. That and add lets say another $800 for the US made transmission. I would have spent the extra money for a US made drivetrain.

I really like the signed engine plaque. Knowing it was hand assembled, by a team of builders, is something reserved for high end European cars, costing two to three times the price of a GT500.

My first GT500's engine was built by two women :lol:

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN

Let us ask ourselves; why is it that “Walmart” …will be, the last retail “box store” left standing? Not only is our misguided addiction to bargains ripping the country apart, but also the seemly innocuous infiltration of digital gadgets and electronics that are making the American laborer/worker obsolete. Who are we going to blame? Just like we have sold our souls to the internet, we are giving up on a way of life that used to be based on a reasonable balance of value and domestic craftmanship ...America is as America does!

Edited by Voodoo Child

I really like the signed engine plaque. Knowing it was hand assembled, by a team of builders, is something reserved for high end European cars, costing two to three times the price of a GT500.

My first GT500's engine was built by two women :lol:

:thumbsup: