TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Seven GT350 Stolen

Interesting news but horrible news reporting. They "borrowed" video of a Shelby GTH and NOT of a Shelby GT350. Then the reporter claims six cars were stolen but their news footage graphics say seven cars. The reporter then goes on to say that the cars were stolen right off the assembly line and that the owners were to take delivery of them "today", say what? I don't even see any GT350 stripes on this white car so how were they to be delivered today? GT350's sit for weeks at Flat Rock so how could they be right off the assembly line and ready for delivery today?

Speaking of stripes, are these stolen Mustangs even GT350's? No stripes, no trunk spoiler and those wheels don't look like Shelby wheels but it could just be the poor video I'm looking at.

Has to more to this story or at least more accurate reporting.

Steve

I agree. I noticed the burned car had no stripes or spoiler. The car was trashed and stripped pretty badly. I guess they could have stripped the spoiler but I doubt they took the time to peel stripes. And yes it was horribly sloppy reporting. I tried to find other info on the web about the theft but could find nothing else but this particular station. One would think this theft would have been picked up or reported on by other media.

I agree. I noticed the burned car had no stripes or spoiler. The car was trashed and stripped pretty badly. I guess they could have stripped the spoiler but I doubt they took the time to peel stripes. And yes it was horribly sloppy reporting. I tried to find other info on the web about the theft but could find nothing else but this particular station. One would think this theft would have been picked up or reported on by other media.

I too found it strange that no other Michigan news websites reported on this theft.

"Speaking of stripes, are these stolen Mustangs even GT350's? No stripes, no trunk spoiler and those wheels don't look like Shelby wheels but it could just be the poor video I'm looking at."

You can get the GT350 without stripes.

Yes I understand that no stripes is an option. What I was trying to convey is that the burned car had no apparent signs of being a GT350 so how did this reporter know the burned car was a GT350 when the reporter uses video footage of a GTH rental car to depict what was stolen.

In my opinion we do not have the full story.

Steve

Who cares? LOL Same thing happened to a bunch of GT500s back in 2008 or 2009. Union Bosses getting the merchandise that "falls off the back of the truck", Capeesh?

Well there's probably six (or is it seven) people that I'm sure care especially if these cars were pre-sold units ;)

Steve

Well there's probably six (or is it seven) people that I'm sure care especially if these cars were pre-sold units ;)

Steve

Meh, Ford will take care of them Im sure. Its not like they cant build another 7 allocations. LOL

Imagine having that story as an experience to share with your driving buddies!

Edited by DubbsFaris

I still think its odd that only that one station had any mention of this theft and that it wasn't even clear if they were actually GT350's. I spent about 15 minutes searching the net, even checked other local newspapers for May 4 thru May 7 and got nothing. Also went over to police and fire report pages for Detroit and got nothing on it. I guess so many cars get stolen and burned there that even seven cars at once isn't "headline" or middle page news anymore.....