TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GT500KR on Ebay 125,000

sharon

The problem that I would have with this auction if I was in the market for a KR is the $20,000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. What if this dealer doesn't get an allocation? Since there are only 1,000 made with over 3,000 dealers in the US, how can they be sure that they will get one? It seems doubtful to me that they could legally ask for a non-refundable deposit unless they can themselves guarantee that they will get the car.

The problem that I would have with this auction if I was in the market for a KR is the $20,000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. What if this dealer doesn't get an allocation? Since there are only 1,000 made with over 3,000 dealers in the US, how can they be sure that they will get one? It seems doubtful to me that they could legally ask for a non-refundable deposit unless they can themselves guarantee that they will get the car.

True. And a 92.3% positive with only 11 feedbacks is a little concerning. The one negative is a dispute over the title with a buyer overseas.

To my knowledge the ONLY dealers that know for certain at this point that they will get one would be the five dealers that won allocation for one at the big dealer meeting in Detroit where Ford had a drawing to give one to five of the dealers that attended.

Other than that there has been no official word from Ford on what dealers will get one.

So if that dealer is one of the five lucky dealers that attended the meeting and won one then they would know they are getting one for certain. Other than that it is just an auction for "IF" they end up getting one then you will be able to buy it if you win the auction.

Seems some dealers have been trying to pre-sell these based on the big "IF" they happen to get one and collecting $10K + deposits on something they don't even know for certain they will get it!

Who wants one bad enough to run around putting $10K deposits down at multiple dealerships betting on odds that they MIGHT get lucky enough to get one IF one of those dealers just happens to be one of the lucky dealers to get one?

If Ford doesn't give any dealers more than one where any dealers that get one will just the one only, then about 25% of the dealers will get one. If Ford gives some of the dealers more than one then less than 25% of the dealers will get one.

The first one will likely be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson to Ron Pratt. Ford gave 5 away to the dealers that attended the dealer meeting in Detroit. So that leaves 994 left to be allocated to 3,550 dealers in the US.

So what are the odds that the dealer you give a deposit to will be one of the dealers out of 3,550 that ends up getting one????

I asked him when the car will be in, this is his answer,

"It will be in stock in spring of 2008. The dealers found out who was going to get the KR's so they started selling them"

Ebay only allows you to pre-sale a item 30 days in advance with a guarantied deliver date,

I'm sure this one will be pulled

Paul

I guess I do not understand. Would anyone really pay twice that of a GT500 for 40 more HP and some bragging rights? Not sure I would even if I had the change, unless I was going to collect it... but what fun would that be? These were meant to drive..... I just can't see a normal GT500 wanter, wanting or paying for this at those prices!

Who wants one bad enough to run around putting $10K deposits down at multiple dealerships betting on odds that they MIGHT get lucky enough to get one IF one of those dealers just happens to be one of the lucky dealers to get one?

Me. I have been waiting for the 2008 GT500KR ever since the announcement of the new GT500s. I have a deposit down with a dealership, the same dealership that originally sold my '68 GT500KR. I know full well they may not get one - and if so, I take my deposit back and try the hard way to get one from another dealership. I did actually consider the "multiple-deposit" thing (I had two dealers asking me for a deposit on the same day), but I decided to roll the dice with the one dealership.

I am under no illusions as to what that deposit buys me. It buys me the rights to be first in line to get screwed with an enormous ADM! However, if the dealership does get one allocated, I think that there may be enough publicity from the "old-new" thing that they will be "reasonable" with their price. By reasonable, I mean I expect to be outraged by what they ask, but hopefully not as far as being insulted... I hope to convince them that the PR aspect will be a good investment for them, especially if I leave my '68 in their showroom for a month or so. To take some of the "sting" out of the ADM, I am also going to propose that part of that goes towards a local charity. Dunno if the dealer will even consider that, but again, all good PR...

You have probably heard me going on about the "Special-Order yellow" colour - I have been pulling every string I can to get Ford to offer the GT500KRs in Yellow (although none of those strings leads back to Ford, they are all contacts to Shelby). If they offer the '08s in yellow, and this dealership gets an allocation, then there is a 95% chance that I will be buying....

Chris.

I asked him when the car will be in, this is his answer,

"It will be in stock in spring of 2008. The dealers found out who was going to get the KR's so they started selling them"

Ebay only allows you to pre-sale a item 30 days in advance with a guarantied deliver date,

I'm sure this one will be pulled

Paul

Interesting! They emailed me back stating that there is a good chance they may get one but no guarantee they will get one!

Interesting! They emailed me back stating that there is a good chance they may get one but no guarantee they will get one!

I really don't understand this! You confirmed what I thought about this dealership having no guarantee that they will get a KR. Still, according to their e-bay listing, they want a $20,000 non-refundable deposit! In other words, if they don't get the car, the winner of this auction has just paid $20,000 for absolutely nothing. That's like paying $20K for a lottery ticket where your odds of winning are about 25%. I certainly would not take that kind of a risk. At the very least, they should refund the deposit if they don't get a KR.

I really don't understand this! You confirmed what I thought about this dealership having no guarantee that they will get a KR. Still, according to their e-bay listing, they want a $20,000 non-refundable deposit! In other words, if they don't get the car, the winner of this auction has just paid $20,000 for absolutely nothing. That's like paying $20K for a lottery ticket where your odds of winning are about 25%. I certainly would not take that kind of a risk. At the very least, they should refund the deposit if they don't get a KR.

My guess is the non-refundable deposit would apply IF they got the car and you backed out. I do not see how they could legally keep a deposit on a car they couldn't get.

You would need to confirm that with them, but I would think that is what they are meaning.

I personally would not put deposits of $10K - $20K down at mutiple dealerships based on IF they were to get one!

Either you're getting the car or you're not! At this point NO ONE KNOWS WHO WILL GET ONE! With the exception of 5 dealers that were in Detroit that won an allocation to get one. Those would be the ONLY 5 dealers that know they will get one at this point....whoever those 5 dealers were.

To my knowledge the ONLY dealers that know for certain at this point that they will get one would be the five dealers that won allocation for one at the big dealer meeting in Detroit where Ford had a drawing to give one to five of the dealers that attended.

Other than that there has been no official word from Ford on what dealers will get one.

So if that dealer is one of the five lucky dealers that attended the meeting and won one then they would know they are getting one for certain. Other than that it is just an auction for "IF" they end up getting one then you will be able to buy it if you win the auction.

Seems some dealers have been trying to pre-sell these based on the big "IF" they happen to get one and collecting $10K + deposits on something they don't even know for certain they will get it!

If Ford doesn't give any dealers more than one where any dealers that get one will just the one only, then about 25% of the dealers will get one. If Ford gives some of the dealers more than one then less than 25% of the dealers will get one.

The first one will likely be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson to Ron Pratt. Ford gave 5 away to the dealers that attended the dealer meeting in Detroit. So that leaves 994 left to be allocated to 3,550 dealers in the US.

So what are the odds that the dealer you give a deposit to will be one of the dealers out of 3,550 that ends up getting one????

No that would only leave 894 with 100 going North to Canada.

True. And a 92.3% positive with only 11 feedbacks is a little concerning. The one negative is a dispute over the title with a buyer overseas.

+1. THat is a HUGE red flag....like this :redcard:

Edit: If you're going to buy something from a seller with only 11 transactions...buy something safe and inexpensive, like a box of paper clips...not a GT500KR that won't see the light of day for a year.

Just think they are going to have that moneyfor a year & no guarantee you will get a car. Not Good.

Not only that, but will the dealer be there in a year???? Dealerships have been closing left and right. We just lost 3 more in the past week!

down to 3649. Had over 4,600 a year ago. I had heard Ford was wanting to get it down to about 2400.

The biggest areas affected right now are all major metropolitan areas where they have to many to close to each other. I had heard the phase will hit small dealers in town with less than a certain population.

I would be affraid to leave a deposit in fear of losing it because the dealer ends up closing down!

On a side note though, if it is a dealer with a big newer store then odds are you would be OK. Ones with older outdated buildings, be careful.

80K is cheap, cheap, cheap

Yes, but RESERVE not met!

It is over $83K now and Reserve not met.

I suspect the reserve is at least $100K if not more.

And they can't guarantee they will even get this car! They said there is a good chance they would, but can't guarantee it!

Yes, but RESERVE not met!

It is over $83K now and Reserve not met.

I suspect the reserve is at least $100K if not more.

And they can't guarantee they will even get this car! They said there is a good chance they would, but can't guarantee it!

Exactly!

Hence my... :spend: - keep going to the ATM. They'll tell you when you've given them enough! :hysterical2:

Its at 100,000 reserve still not met. They say that they have to give a 20,000 dollar none refundable deposit, what if they don't get the car? They have to give back the money right?

It is now past 100K! Another one has showd up, currently at 60K.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ford-Mustang-GT500KR-Sh...1QQcmdZViewItem

A deposit will be 60000.00 24hrs after sale 30% will be non refundable if customer changes his or her mind. I ALSO WANT TO MAKE CLEAR THIS IS A SHORT RUN MUSTANG SO DONT MISS OUT GET YOUR ORDER IN TODAY. THE MUSTAND WILL BE DELIVER 30 DAYS AFTER SALE ENDS . OR WHAT EVER IS A RESONABLE TIME.

$60,000.00 deposit within 24 hours after sales???????

The mustang will be delivered 30 days after sale ends????

WOW! They must be magic!!!!

The car does not go into production until next year and they can deliver it in 35 days from now!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

eBay is a crock. They realised that they make more money out of these "air-sales" than they do out of regular sales - so they even implemented the hidden-bidder system to make it easier for the dealers to bid things up. Take a look at the first auction, and do some digging into the bidders. It is so damned obvious that there is shill-bidding going on that its not funny! I complained about both of these auctions, which very obviously violate eBays terms - and nothing happened.

I bet there are people sitting in back rooms talking about the "New Paradigm of internet sales". Create enough of an eBay hype about something, and that becomes the "market price". I am seriously considering fighting back - putting up my own auctions for KR's at MSRP - $10k. I'll sell a hundred of them, aplogise to the bidders when I don't get an "allocation", and then show the auctions to the dealer and say "See, I can get a KR for under MSRP". Who's in? :banana piano:

Or maybe thats what the guy with the second auction is already doing...

It seems it was won at $102,000. I guess the seller lowered his reserve near the end. Granted that the MSRP on these should probably be around 60K, that would still mean an ADM of around 40K. Let's hope for the buyer that this dealer will indeed get one.

Archived