TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Plastic Car Cover

Has anyone used a clear plastic car cover( the type usually seen in body shops)? Black SGT shows dust and pollen as soon as I finish detailing it. Was thinking about using an inexpensive cover in between use but not sure of any issues. Small enough to put in the bag and leave in the trunk. I found on Amazon for under $10.My garage has a concrete floor.

Has anyone used a clear plastic car cover( the type usually seen in body shops)? Black SGT shows dust and pollen as soon as I finish detailing it. Was thinking about using an inexpensive cover in between use but not sure of any issues. Small enough to put in the bag and leave in the trunk. I found on Amazon for under $10.My garage has a concrete floor.

I wouldn't use it if it was me. Plastic sheeting has two major problems, well actually maybe three major problems.

First problem, it will trap/retain moisture because it doesn't breathe

Second problem is the plastic can "off-gas" which may cause staining to your stripes and or paint.

Third problem is that plastic sheeting will cause major static electricity which may intensify dust & pollen issues on the car.

There are plenty of good quality car covers made out of thin material that doesn't take up much trunk space at all.

Steve

I agree with Steve. If you just want a dust cover, there are many cover manufacturers that make single layer cloth covers that have a protective liner. they won't work in the weather but are fine for a garage. Don't use plastic for any length of time. I had one of those thin dust covers for my black SGT and it fit nicely in a small bag as long as I took the time to roll it up carefully. Remember, Black isn't a color, it's a career! :hat_tip: