TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So thats why it seemed loud....

cormy

Brought home my new (too me) 2012 and driving home from the dealer (an hour away) it seemed to sound very loud in the cabin. It was beginning to bother me, the constant drone. I was thinking man, I would have a hard time driving this long distances or having a normal conversation with a passenger.

Well...looked under it last night and low and behold I see stainless steel KOOKS mufflers and 3" pipes attached to the catalytic converter H pipe! :drop:

Its too loud for me needless to say...so I will soon be in the market for a trade back to stock pipes & muffler.

I assume the stock pipes are 2.5"?

Brought home my new (too me) 2012 and driving home from the dealer (an hour away) it seemed to sound very loud in the cabin. It was beginning to bother me, the constant drone. I was thinking man, I would have a hard time driving this long distances or having a normal conversation with a passenger.

Well...looked under it last night and low and behold I see stainless steel KOOKS mufflers and 3" pipes attached to the catalytic converter H pipe! :drop:

Its too loud for me needless to say...so I will soon be in the market for a trade back to stock pipes & muffler.

I assume the stock pipes are 2.5"?

I wonder what else you don't know about a car you just bought ? Sometimes after the sale isn't the time for some surprises !!

I would have to say almost never is it good for surprises after the sale..

But in this case it's not too bad, may keep them on, not sure have to drive it more to decide. Anyway it's a good surprise I guess since it's an upgrade that can easily be replaced to stock.

• 3 weeks later...