TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Shelby gt500 pulleys

Hey guys I have a question I got a 2012 Shelby GT500, my question is regarding the underdrive pulley and the supercharger pulley, I talked to Justin from American muscle and he said I should go with the 15% under drive pulley and the 2.8 supercharger pulley because with this configuration I won't overspin my supercharger, well I want to start with the supercharger pulley first, and he said I should go with the 2.80 pulley, do I need the idler pulley kit with the 2.80 supercharger pulley, also does anybody know the size of my stock pulley for 2012 Shelby GT500 and with the 2.80 pulley how much horsepower will I gain, like I said Justin from American muscle which I'm really good friends with told me that I have to go 15% under drive pulley and I could go with a 2.6 supercharger pulley but to be safe go with a 2.80 supercharger pulley

Edited by Shadow34606

sounds like the blind leading the blind. stock pulley is 3.00. an underdrive pulley would negate a smaller supercharger pulley. so thats bad advice. the only gain would be a few hp from slower moving accessories such as alternator and a/c, etc, which is negligible and not worth the risk to those systems. its basic math that has already been figured out by others before you. consult www.vmptuning.com for more details and package deals options.