TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Prince dead at 57

But it's still the fault of the user...no different than alcohol it's everywhere does it mean you have to drink more?....a Doc can give me all the pills in the world it's up to me to use

common sense on how I use them pills...It's funny how now days there's no more self responsibility it's always someone else's fault for my issues.

Sorry Keith, not picking on you, but to a point, you are correct. It is about responsibility, but who's, the doctor who prescribed the drugs in the first place, or the person who has become addicted? Perscription med like opiods have lead to a huge heroin problem in this country, so which comes first, heroin addiction or opiod addiction.

You are also correct that common sense and self responsibility are in very short supply in this country. Very few people are willing to admit that they screwed the pooch and live with the consequences.

Mark

Edited by mark.barton

But it's still the fault of the user...no different than alcohol it's everywhere does it mean you have to drink more?....a Doc can give me all the pills in the world it's up to me to use

common sense on how I use them pills...It's funny how now days there's no more self responsibility it's always someone else's fault for my issues.

That is what I am saying...........it is easy to get hooked because when your Body gets used to the Drug it doesn't work as well so you end up taking more than you are supposed to take and it repeats itself. Before you realize that you are now taking 4 Pills every 2 hours instead of 2 Pills every 8 hours, it is to late and your system is shutting down and dying then your Heart can't take it any more and just stops.

Substitute Porsche for Ford and what the Walker family did. And then you've got courts approving suits against gun manufacturers. If I were a judge I'd start throwing these suits out but they'd just appeal and find some liberal court that supports that every problem is someone else's and that there is no individual accountability any more. It's the same mentality that changed corporate responsibility from individuals to committees. I left because noone could make a decision any more and when I did, well, you know...

To me, the Walker family suit looks like an unabashed money grab. To blame Porsche for the death is lunacy. Same for the Sandy Hook families against the gun manufactures. But, as a judge, you cannot dismiss a suit because you think it is stupid. All cases have to be based on their legal merits and president. Liberal or conservative, law is still based on merit and president.

Mark

Sorry Keith, not picking on you, but to a point, you are correct. It is about responsibility, but who's, the doctor who prescribed the drugs in the first place, or the person who has become addicted? Perscription med like opiods have lead to a huge heroin problem in this country, so which comes first, heroin addiction or opiod addiction.

You are also correct that common sense and self responsibility are in very short supply in this country. Very few people are willing to admit that they screwed the pooch and live with the consequences.

Mark

No worries Judge...I agree there is a huge drug issue in both our Countries but again I still can't wrap my head around the fact at the end of the day me/you can be prescribed any opioid

but we are responsible for abusing that drug..no one is forcing you/me to take that med irresponsibly...same goes with booze or gambling...I guess I'm just one of those people that believe

I'm the author of my own storey sorta speak........

No worries Judge...I agree there is a huge drug issue in both our Countries but again I still can't wrap my head around the fact at the end of the day me/you can be prescribed any opioid

but we are responsible for abusing that drug..no one is forcing you/me to take that med irresponsibly...same goes with booze or gambling...I guess I'm just one of those people that believe

+100%. We have become a pill popping society. Pills make it all better. As Jefferson Airplane once said "One pill makes you smaller and one pill makes you tall and the pills your mother gives you don't do anything at all".

Mark

P.S. I'm not really a judge, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express about a week ago.

Edited by mark.barton

+100%. We have become a pill popping society. Pills make it all better. As Jefferson Airplane once said "One pill makes you smaller and one pill makes you tall and the pills your mother gives you don't do anything at all".

Mark

P.S. I'm not really a judge, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express about a week ago.

:hysterical:

That is what I am saying...........it is easy to get hooked because when your Body gets used to the Drug it doesn't work as well so you end up taking more than you are supposed to take and it repeats itself. Before you realize that you are now taking 4 Pills every 2 hours instead of 2 Pills every 8 hours, it is to late and your system is shutting down and dying then your Heart can't take it any more and just stops.

the fault is still on the user because of misuse and abuse. Correct use of pain meds RARELY leads to death or any other bad outcome (I say rarely because anything is possible, but it's extremely rare). Only when those meds are MISUSED/ABUSED, ie, taking more than you're supposed to, or taking meds that you buy on the street, do bad things happen. And the fault for that is strictly the person putting the pills in their mouth. It's not the fault of the med or the doctor that they are being taking WRONG. Addiction happens way less than you think it does, and tolerance is slow and easily managed. And BTW, I spent a good chunk of my day prescribing those pain pills to people who wouldn't be able to get out of bed in the morning without them because of injury, failed surgery, etc, etc, so I've seen a lot of it in the last 10 years. What you describe in the last line of your post is completely wrong and doesn't happen. ODs happen when the respiratory system shuts down, not the heart. And it takes a pretty good amount of meds for someone that is used to them to get to that point. And extra 2 or 4 or 8 isn't likely to do it, except to someone who has never taken them before.

You do realize that using that kind of logic talk round these parts will get you run outta town. Congress keeps trying to penalize the people who really do need the meds, and the doctors who are trying to help, and all that is gonna do is ruin a whole lotta lives, instead of putting the blame on the idiots abusing the meds. Granted, there are docs out there trying to make a fortune by running pill mills, and they should be taken out back and shot, but they aren't the ones that are treating the people in pain. 20 years ago you couldn't get pain meds to help with non-cancer pain, so lots of people suffered. Now, since pain treatment has become a major focus - from Congress - we are making people productive members of society again because they can work and take care of themselves, only to have a very small number of idiots doing idiotic things, which is threatening to push everything back to the stone age. Blame and punish the people for their own actions, but the makers of guns, and cars, and alcohol, and the prescribers of meds, are not the ones at fault.

the fault is still on the user because of misuse and abuse. Correct use of pain meds RARELY leads to death or any other bad outcome (I say rarely because anything is possible, but it's extremely rare). Only when those meds are MISUSED/ABUSED, ie, taking more than you're supposed to, or taking meds that you buy on the street, do bad things happen. And the fault for that is strictly the person putting the pills in their mouth. It's not the fault of the med or the doctor that they are being taking WRONG. Addiction happens way less than you think it does, and tolerance is slow and easily managed. And BTW, I spent a good chunk of my day prescribing those pain pills to people who wouldn't be able to get out of bed in the morning without them because of injury, failed surgery, etc, etc, so I've seen a lot of it in the last 10 years. What you describe in the last line of your post is completely wrong and doesn't happen. ODs happen when the respiratory system shuts down, not the heart. And it takes a pretty good amount of meds for someone that is used to them to get to that point. And extra 2 or 4 or 8 isn't likely to do it, except to someone who has never taken them before.

The same can be said about Heroin then.

The same can be said about Heroin then.

I think heroin is extremely more addictive then pain meds and illegal...so back to my point the person that drives that needle in their veins for that high is to blame for the addiction

no one else is making you do it but yourself.

I think heroin is extremely more addictive then pain meds and illegal...so back to my point the person that drives that needle in their veins for that high is to blame for the addiction

no one else is making you do it but yourself.

Nope, no more addictive and only illegal cuz of our government and their idiocy. But the rest of what you said is absolutely correct.