TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ponies at the Point / 2016 Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals

Z-man

Any chance of getting a copy of the first photo of the cars ? A poster would be nice

I'll PM you to discuss.

Z-man

Edited by Z-man

Question, to get a ride along,

Do I need to be wearing long pants? Long Sleeves?

Reason for asking, I wear shorts everywhere other than work...

Bring a helmet as well (since you'll have long pants, long sleeve shirt, helmet, GT350..... Sign up and drive)

I drove mine from Michigan to Alabama and back home for my first track event. Been to Summit point, and charlotte the same way :)

Bring a helmet as well (since you'll have long pants, long sleeve shirt, helmet, GT350..... Sign up and drive)

I drove mine from Michigan to Alabama and back home for my first track event. Been to Summit point, and charlotte the same way :)

I know you have...was going to put helmet in the car. no track time this time. Car still too new.....

I know you have...was going to put helmet in the car. no track time this time. Car still too new.....

Driving it around the track at Summit Point while Gary Patterson gives you 'pointers' sounds like the perfect way to break it in. :shift:

Z-man

Driving it around the track at Summit Point while Gary Patterson gives you 'pointers' sounds like the perfect way to break it in. :shift:

Z-man

EXACTLY!

You won't be disappointed JIM!

Summit Point is a GREAT track. If I wasn't going to be out of town on business I'd be on the list to go.

Z-man

I agree, but concerned with the overheat issue and limp mode...lot of money to "limp" around track....

Going to make it up on Thursday, but probably not until after lunch....

EXACTLY!

You won't be disappointed JIM!

Summit Point is a GREAT track. If I wasn't going to be out of town on business I'd be on the list to go.

I wanted to track car but only having it a month, decided to pass this time. And reading all the posts about people tracking with the "Tech" car and it going into Limp mode being Hot. Decided its a lot of money to spend to sit in the pits letting it cool off...

There will be plenty of opportunity to track this car

Starting to get excited.

Thursday high of 81 with a 10% of rain during the day.

High of 63 with 40% at night.

For the drive Friday high of 80 with 80% chance of rain (Summitt Point)

Carlisle Pennsylvania

Friday 79 - 60%

Saturday 80 - 20%

Sunday. 78 - 20%

Starting to get excited.

Thursday high of 81 with a 10% of rain during the day.

High of 63 with 40% at night.

For the drive Friday high of 80 with 80% chance of rain (Summitt Point)

Carlisle Pennsylvania

Friday 79 - 60%

Saturday 80 - 20%

Sunday. 78 - 20%

Oops, When I put in the request for good weather Thursday I forgot to order good weather for Fri-Sun.

:(

:hide:

Oops, When I put in the request for good weather Thursday I forgot to order good weather for Fri-Sun.

:(

:hide:

Anyone who has been to Ford Carlisle before knows to pack their rain gear.

In fact, the last time we did a Poker Run from Summit Point to Carlisle it rained the whole way. If you look around in the old threads, you'll find pictures of us standing in the rain, next to our cars for a group photo, soaked to the skin, but every one of us smiling from ear to ear. I took the photo while perched on top of a ladder with a towel draped over my head and the camera.......good times!

Anyone who has been to Ford Carlisle before knows to pack their rain gear.

In fact, the last time we did a Poker Run from Summit Point to Carlisle it rained the whole way. If you look around in the old threads, you'll find pictures of us standing in the rain, next to our cars for a group photo, soaked to the skin, but every one of us smiling from ear to ear. I took the photo while perched on top of a ladder with a towel draped over my head and the camera.......good times!

I remember standing out in the rain handing out playing cards at the first check point.... wet!!

Even thought we are just days away from the Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals, we are still working at adding 'content' and bringing you the best event possible.

You may ready know that Tommy Tequila will be playing at our dinner on Friday night, but why go solo when you can 'double down'? With that in mind, I'm pleased to announce that Nashville singer/songwriter Payton Taylor will be joining us on Friday evening as well. You can thank me if you like, but it was one of our sponsors (Gateway Bronco), who surprised us with the invitation to have her bring her guitar out for the evening.......Heck yea!

With Tommy and Payton sharing the stage, who knows how late we will go on Friday???? :donald_farr: :kyle_caraway :

Payton Taylor.jpg

Tommy Tequila.jpg

Looking forward to instructing some of you this Thursday! I'll have my 2011 GT500 there. It will be nice to meet some new folks.

I've been in the Mustang world quite a while. Started The Corral in April of 1995 not long after that I started taking high performance driving schools. I started HPD Schools in my 1987 Mustang GT and then began racing a 1979 Mazda RX-7 in SCCA ITA around 1997. In 1998 I sold that car and bought a 1979 Mustang and began racing in American Sedan. I built a 2000 "Cobra" that I raced and won the 2004 DC Region Championship and was runner up the next two years in a row when my job prevented me from getting enough races in to win.

Summit Point is my home track and I'm looking forward to getting the car out on track after the installation of Boss 302R wheels with Nitto NT05 and a new carbon fiber driveshaft.

See you guys on Thursday!

JUST FOR TEAM SHELBY MEMBERS.....

If you are currently have an active paid membership in Team Shelby, meaning you have signed up and received your membership kit, please bring either your Team Shelby ID card, or better yet, the 'coin' that was included in the 2016 membership kit.

When you get to the event, track down Tracey Smith (Executive V.P. of Team Shelby) and introduce yourself. If you can show Tracy either your membership card, or your 'coin', she just may have something special to give you as a "Thank you" for being a member of Team Shelby. :love_shower:

(quantities are limited, one to a customer, void where prohibited, not legal for sale in California, contains no gluten, some settling of contents may occur, non-GMO)

Z-man

Due to family emergency, will not able to attend Carlisle Nationals. Was looking forward to show since signing up way back in April. Good news is there is an opening in parade and maybe a room available at the Comfort Inn. Have a blast and post plenty of pics.

I'll provide address if anyone wants to send me my goody bag and any other swag.