TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Horse Power News

oldimp

This really is awesome news. Five years ago I never would have guessed we'd see another Mustang rated over 300 HP let alone one that is rated at 500HP. This is gonna be a blast!

Yehaw :happy feet: And that is at only 9lbs of boost. This thing is not only gonna be legendary it's going to set the tone of the new Musclecar era. Don't forget that SVT has a long history(with an admitted embarassing bump circa 99)of Seriously underrating these vehicles. Suddenly I see that KR as a very distinct possibility. :stirpot:

TODAY COMING HOME FROM WORK AND CUTTING THE GRASS[3/4 ACRE] AND CHECKIING THIS AMZING WEBSITE AND ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE! READING ON THE LATTEST NEWS THAT THE GT500 IS OFFICAILY RATED AT 500HP AND 480TORQUE :cheerleader: :bandance: :happy feet: I STILL CANT BELIVE IT . TODAY I AM THE HAPPIEST PERSON ON EARTH!!! :bandance: ! STARTING FROM 450HP 450 TORQE IS AMZZING!!! THAT THEY HIT 500 WAY TO GO FORD!!!KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK ROBERT!!!BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!! :happy feet: :bandance: :happy feet:

This is amazing!!! :happy feet: I had hoped it would hit 500HP. Now the real question is what will it actually lay down to the rear wheels. Hopefully the GT500 will be like the GT and that 500HP rating will actually be very close to the RWHP. Either way its nice to see it hit 500HP!

HOLLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's that wet stuff on my cheeks............I think I'm crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:baby: Mama!!!

500hp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

Yehaw :happy feet: And that is at only 9lbs of boost. This thing is not only gonna be legendary it's going to set the tone of the new Musclecar era. Don't forget that SVT has a long history(with an admitted embarassing bump circa 99)of Seriously underrating these vehicles. Suddenly I see that KR as a very distinct possibility. :stirpot:

I don't think this car will be seriously underrated. From what I read these are SAE certified ratings. I don't think this gives much room to fudge a lot. Those in the know have said that they were dynoing between 505-510 but that may have been a 8 1/2 lbs where now we are at 9 lbs of boost! Either way the 500 HP number should be safe, I just don't think it will be as underrated as some in the past. I was hoping they would go for 500 or better. This is a happy day for mustang fanatics!

Archived