TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Driverside wiper arm 2016 GT350

RDG350

General question to members who have their GT350.

I have recently noticed when cleaning mine that when I lift up the driver’s side wiper arm to clean the windshield the wiper arm will hit the hood, has anyone else noticed this?

I plan to take mine in to be looked at, my first thoughts are the arm may be indexed wrong on the armature stud or maybe the wrong arm altogether.

Thanks Rick!

Mine has this issue as well. Apparently a LOT, if not ALL, 15+ GT350's have this problem. I read on another forum that it's intentional and for aerodynamics or something like that. I guess it's in the owner's manual? I wouldn't know, I haven't read it yet. It's annoying, though, 'cause if you pull up on it without knowing what happens, you can damage the paint on your hood!

There is nothing wrong with your car. All GT350's experience this. Remember, everything forward of the firewall on these cars is different than the regular Mustang, including the hood shape and dimensions. If you're looking to clean your windshield, just turn the wipers on and stop them at half-travel and you'll have all the clearance you need to raise the arms.

I'm fine with a little inconvenience to have such a great performing car.

• 2 weeks later...

The GT350 aluminum hood is lower than the standard hood. And where the rear part meets the windshield is at a lower level and is shaped different.

If you park next to a non-GT350, you will see the difference. To make the wiper lift up fully would require a slice to be taken out of the hood. That would not have been a good idea.

You can still change the wiper or clean the window just fine as is.

I looks like they could put a dog-leg on the wiper arm like the passenger side (maybe slightly smaller) to accommodate, Carrol would have never let it leave the line like that... :)

Don't get me wrong the car is a blast, I love it! I've put 1100 miles on mine since I picked it up in Feb, mine will never just be a trophy in my garage.

y'all take it EZ