TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 inventory building up......

I think I like that even more so then the White!!! Every time I see you post I love the look of you signature!!!!

Why thank you sir!!

And Jim, I happen to believe that's what they had in mind with Avalanche. It's a dirty white sorta...like Oxford.

Why thank you sir!!

And Jim, I happen to believe that's what they had in mind with Avalanche. It's a dirty white sorta...like Oxford.

What ever its beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful

Edited by shelby001

Looks like Oxford White not Avalanche gray.

I think I like that even more so then the White!!! Every time I see you post I love the look of you signature!!!!

Thanks fellas!! :wub:

Here's a vid I took the day it arrived home in Sandee Eggo. Remember, I bought it sight unseen from Dave (iashelby) here on the forum, and had NO ideer what it looked like...the Avalanche Grey!

My very first impression as trucker boy backed it out, was "Man oh man.... it's GREY!!" :love_shower: All of the pics on the interweb made it look white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nok8y8o3zM

• 3 weeks later...

I am seeing the 2017 GT350 inventory starting to build up. I have been watching the listings on Cars.com for about the last three or four weeks. Anywhere from one to four cars are being added daily to my list of results on Cars.com. There are currently 57 vehicles listed within 500 miles of my location. Last week there were 51 vehicles.

There are still over 140 2016 GT350 vehicles in my search results. That number was 145 about a week ago.

Just checking in here. As of today there are now 100 listed (vs 51 back in mid-July) on Cars.com with the same search criteria that I used previously.

The listed inventory had been hovering around 100 for a couple of weeks, but as of today, it is up to 108.

I know I have not posted for a long time, but I do still read posts :), I just don't reply often.

Congrats, Chris on your Avalanche/blue stripe GT350. Beautiful car and now you are in CA, so you have no excuse to not come for a visit.

Avalanche is almost an identical match to Smoke from 87-89. I had a Saleen that was the only car built in that color.

Alex

You're too kind Alex...thank you buddy! And you know, you're right. I need to come out to see you. It'd make a great road trip.

For now, I'd bring the three fitty, but later on when I get the other two Stangs here, it'd be a hard decision which one to drive out.

Hope you're well sir! :salute:

• 2 months later...

I think a lot of people bought the car with out a test drive.

I am seeing a lot of used 350's hitting the market. Not people flipping just trading them in.

Not enough low-end street torque for them like you said I guess. Track car not the best for the street. Bring back the Cobra or GT500.

They picked up their car but didn't want to beat on her. Once the break end period was reached the low end torque issue raised its ugly head. The cooling situation hasn't helped either. Why buy a 16 base/ tech car when the 17 has the coolers and with more options.

I think you guys may have saved me some money. After having an '08 GT500, a '13 GT500 and now a '14 GT 500 w/ glass roof, I was very seriously thinking of moving into a GT350. The one thing that was holding me back was the lack of the glass roof. Don't laugh, once you've had one, it's hard to go back to a dark interior. But, I didn't realize the lack of torque down low. That's one of things that makes the 500 so fun around town. Squeeze and shoot!

I think you guys may have saved me some money. After having an '08 GT500, a '13 GT500 and now a '14 GT 500 w/ glass roof, I was very seriously thinking of moving into a GT350. The one thing that was holding me back was the lack of the glass roof. Don't laugh, once you've had one, it's hard to go back to a dark interior. But, I didn't realize the lack of torque down low. That's one of things that makes the 500 so fun around town. Squeeze and shoot!

If you lived closer I would take you for a ride in the GT350 that might help clear things up a bit, lol! Seriously though, people talk about the lack of torque down low and yes I feel it. But honestly, I'm finding it very helpful in actually putting the power to the ground. In my GT500 with TVS it was easy to just blow the tires off with too much throttle and find myself doing the steering wheel dance to keep it from swapping ends (when really pushing it). The 350 is nice in that it's much more forgiving down low and still has the seat push that the 500 does. I have to say... I haven't seen anyone really discussing what the highway characteristics are between the 500 and 350, but from my experience if you go low enough in the gears (very strange coming out of the 500) it would give my 500 a run for the money if not a slow walk away and well beyond what the 500 would do in terms of a top speed. Obviously there have been faster/better built GT500 race cars out there that would not fit this comparison, so I'm just referencing my personal experience.

Glass roof... I get it. Love it at night.

I snagged a 16' track pack from an older gentlemen right at msrp and I believe that part of the reason he sold it is because he couldn't bring himself to wrap the engine out for the thrill, too high in rpm he said... not his style of driving and what he expected, when he special ordered the car without riding in or driving one. Then he mentioned something about looking at a corvette grand sport. I just smiled. ;)

Edited by Hlyshft

If you lived closer I would take you for a ride in the GT350 that might help clear things up a bit, lol! Seriously though, people talk about the lack of torque down low and yes I feel it. But honestly, I'm finding it very helpful in actually putting the power to the ground. In my GT500 with TVS it was easy to just blow the tires off with too much throttle and find myself doing the steering wheel dance to keep it from swapping ends (when really pushing it). The 350 is nice in that it's much more forgiving down low and still has the seat push that the 500 does. I have to say... I haven't seen anyone really discussing what the highway characteristics are between the 500 and 350, but from my experience if you go low enough in the gears (very strange coming out of the 500) it would give my 500 a run for the money if not a slow walk away and well beyond what the 500 would do in terms of a top speed. Obviously there have been faster/better built GT500 race cars out there that would not fit this comparison, so I'm just referencing my personal experience.

Glass roof... I get it. Love it at night.

I snagged a 16' track pack from an older gentlemen right at msrp and I believe that part of the reason he sold it is because he couldn't bring himself to wrap the engine out for the thrill, too high in rpm he said... not his style of driving and what he expected, when he special ordered the car without riding in or driving one. Then he mentioned something about looking at a corvette grand sport. I just smiled. ;)

Greatly appreciate the offer of a ride, thanks!

And don't worry, there's no looking at any Grand Sports for this boy!