TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang outsells the 911...............................In Gemany

svttim

Ha! Too funny and this is news???. I bet it outsells the Lambos and Ferraris too, and the MB SLs, but so what? At much less than 1/2 the price of all the other cars, does this surprise anyone?

Mike, do you always have to be so negative? The 911 was the top selling sports car in Germany. That is no longer the case. The price on the GT in Germany is half, not much less then half as you stated, of the 911. You're good at taking good news and making is taste very bad

Mike, do you always have to be so negative? The 911 was the top selling sports car in Germany. That is no longer the case. The price on the GT in Germany is half, not much less then half as you stated, of the 911. You're good at taking good news and making is taste very bad

Thanks for your support. And the "less than half" was referring to all the other exotic sports cars I mentioned that sell in Germany. Sorry, but stuff like this is just happy talk for the partisans. I'm sure if you were a Toyota or Honda partisan you would be comparing those cars to the Ford cars like them selling in America and making the same lame comparisons about how much better Jap cars sell in America. This stuff is just meaningless.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

Thanks for your support. And the "less than half" was referring to all the other exotic sports cars I mentioned that sell in Germany. Sorry, but stuff like this is just happy talk for the partisans. I'm sure if you were a Toyota or Honda partisan you would be comparing those cars to the Ford cars like them selling in America and making the same lame comparisons about how much better Jap cars sell in America. This stuff is just meaningless.

It means something to Ford when they just arrived in the Market

It means something to Ford when they just arrived in the Market

Absolutely, if they have never sold a Mustang in Germany before, it is a great start toward making money, and I am happy for them. But let's keep some perspective and objectivity here, the Porsche 911 and the Mustang GT are not in the same class at all. I bet the Ford Focus/Fiestas econo-boxes sell well too, and probably make much more money for Ford. But I have to be honest and tell you my enthusiasm for Ford is waning every day my Raptor sits immobilized in the dealers shop with electrical problems, 25 days now and counting. :cool:

Absolutely, if they have never sold a Mustang in Germany before, it is a great start toward making money, and I am happy for them. But let's keep some perspective and objectivity here, the Porsche 911 and the Mustang GT are not in the same class at all. I bet the Ford Focus/Fiestas econo-boxes sell well too, and probably make much more money for Ford. But I have to be honest and tell you my enthusiasm for Ford is waning every day my Raptor sits immobilized in the dealers shop with electrical problems, 25 days now and counting. :cool:

The 911 and the GT350 are. And before you argue, I suggest you go over an look over posts at Mustang6.com from owners of exotic cars that have either replaced their European cars or have added the GT350 to their stables. And yes, this was about the GT, not the 350 but the 350 is after all, a Mustang.

As far as your Raptor is concerned, I would not be happy either. How far in Ford have you gone?

As far as your Raptor is concerned, I would not be happy either. How far in Ford have you gone?

Not very far, only the local guys who sold me the truck and several other Shelbys and Fords over the last few years. I am afraid no one cares anymore about customers after you buy lots of vehicles. I wrote a letter to Bill Ford about 10 years ago, including a picture of the entire family Ford fleet of 8, including the '60s Shelbys and my '56 T-Bird gasser with the 460 CJ engine I won lots of races in. He actually wrote a personal letter back thanking me and all, but I am afraid people have changed at Ford now days, and ones like Raj are not interested in hearing from customers with complaints. I think I would be wasting my time.

I know we're tired of hearing about your complaints! :club:

The Porsches look the same for decades anyways

Congrats Ford!!

I hope you never have a vehicle sitting in a dealer's shop for almost a month, and get a phone call every few days that tells you nothing is happening, and then after 3 weeks they stop even calling you or returning your calls. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy……….. :cool:

I hope you never have a vehicle sitting in a dealer's shop for almost a month, and get a phone call every few days that tells you nothing is happening, and then after 3 weeks they stop even calling you or returning your calls. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy……….. :cool:

I would be furious if I were you, I don't think your venting is over the top at all considering the situation.

That said although I don't think the Mustang competes with the 911 at all, I do think passing it as the best selling sports car in Germany is pretty cool.

I hope you never have a vehicle sitting in a dealer's shop for almost a month, and get a phone call every few days that tells you nothing is happening, and then after 3 weeks they stop even calling you or returning your calls. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.. :cool:

I thought I was on your "Ignore" list? :hysterical2:

Mike, I feel your pain and hope it was resolved sooner and wish it didn't happen. But you made your topic and still hijacked this one and many others. Not cool. :club:

I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem or issue and frankly, your issue is irrevelant to this topic.

Edited by Secondo

I thought I was on your "Ignore" list? :hysterical2:

Mike, I feel your pain and hope it was resolved sooner and wish it didn't happen. But you made your topic and still hijacked this one and many others. Not cool. :club:

I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem or issue and frankly, your issue is irrevelant to this topic.

Here ya go, #2! lol

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/91204-shutting-off/

Yes, it happens to other Ford's too, and maybe other cars, but I am trying to be patient with Ford, since I have so many and have bought so many, and have never had this kind of problem where they can't fix it in a month of trying, but Dubbs tells me his sat for 50 days before they offered a buy-back. Mine is within 2 months of being 36, and has 35K miles, so I am wondering now if they want to wait until my warranty expires. :)

At Barrett Jackson Vegas last fall Mark Fields did an interview with the guy from the TV channel about the new GT350. One of the things he said was how surprised Ford was that the new Mustang GT was selling so well in Europe and what a high percentage of those sold were V8s. The Mustang obviously is filling a market gap over there.

I am not surprised, great HP and torque from the Coyote, DOHC, 32 valves, very European type engine, high revs, etc. and at half the price of similar HP and torque from the locals, what's not to like? I am surprised Ford has never tried selling them in Europe before. When I lived in Norway, there were tons of them around it seemed, of many years, people loved Mustangs. The thing that killed American car sales when I was there was always the massive VAT and other luxury taxes (on things like airbags, ABS, traction control, etc.) the governments tack on to keep them out. I wonder if that has changed?

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

Oh yeah, this topic posted without any useful information at all, only that it is an '08 GT500 and it "shuts off." Not sure what any of this has to do with the Mustang outselling old-looking Porsches in Germany. This place is starting to look like StangsUnited. Edited by Secondo

Not very far, only the local guys who sold me the truck and several other Shelbys and Fords over the last few years. I am afraid no one cares anymore about customers after you buy lots of vehicles. I wrote a letter to Bill Ford about 10 years ago, including a picture of the entire family Ford fleet of 8, including the '60s Shelbys and my '56 T-Bird gasser with the 460 CJ engine I won lots of races in. He actually wrote a personal letter back thanking me and all, but I am afraid people have changed at Ford now days, and ones like Raj are not interested in hearing from customers with complaints. I think I would be wasting my time.

I know there are still many who care because I know them personally. I would suggest the local dealer start esculating to get help. Not sure how far they would get but you have to try before you let go

I know there are still many who care because I know them personally. I would suggest the local dealer start esculating to get help. Not sure how far they would get but you have to try before you let go

I agree, I have had,on rare occasion, a dealer problem. The best thing you can do for yourself is to do some research online searching for TSB’s or search forums for similar issues to the problem you are having and bring this information with you to discuss with the dealer service manager or service tech when you drop off your car. Doing so in many cases helps them pinpoint a problem, and you can save yourself time and money. Just tossing them the keys, then going home and blasting the dealer and Ford online does no good and does nothing to solve the problem. The fact is, for the amount of time and effort people take to write a scathing online gripe-fest post, they could have just gone to Ford’s website. Then click “owner support”, then click “live chat”, then select “vehicle chat”. Within seconds a chat box pops up and a live Ford person comes online to help you. They ask for your vin and dealer info or zip code and a brief description of your issue. Then they will give you the name and contact info of your Local Ford Dealer(s) along with contact info for a Ford Factory Person assigned to that area dealer to help expedite a resolution if you are having dealer “problems”. I just did it last night at 11pm. The live chat is available 24/7. It took me all of 5 minutes.

back to topic: Kudos to Ford for the successful sales numbers in Germany.

Edited by mhr1961

Thanks very much for that, I tried it and they actually opened a case number to investigate it, much more help than from the dealer so far after a month of waiting and little to no info. Maybe something will happen now, I wish they would tell you these things in the owners manual or something. Thanks very much again, I appreciate it.

Oh, I forgot, the on topic thread police will be looking, so….

I am very glad to see that the Mustang GT is outselling all European sporty cars in Germany, well done Ford, keep it up and try Japan next for the Mustang GT, it will surely outsell the new Acura sports car……….

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

I would be furious if I were you, I don't think your venting is over the top at all considering the situation.

That said although I don't think the Mustang competes with the 911 at all, I do think passing it as the best selling sports car in Germany is pretty cool.

Not all 911's are created equal.