TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cobra Jet Throttle Body 2012 GT500

Researching and looking for honest feedback on cobra jet throttle body upgrade. Is it well worth the money with a noticeable difference? My car is only street driven with limited road racing track mileage each year, no drag racing, etc.

Anyone with a 2012 that put this throttle body on? And what other mods did you have to do to work well with this upgrade outside of necessary tune? Thanks in advance, I appreciate it.

I have one on my 2010 and honestly I didn't find much of a difference at all before or after the tune especially for the incurred costs.

I have about the same useage of vehicle and I'm around the 650 hp mark as well with mods so if your not planning to increase HP personally I don't think

it is worth the investment.

Shelby 12,

As you can see in my sig, I have the dual bore FRPP throttle body on my 12. I do highway cruising and show my car locally, so probably could get by with the OE piece, but changed it out as part of my overall mod plan. Partly because I could, and partly for the potential that I can grow with it in place. Hell, at 80 on the highway, not necessary. However, getting to where I am currently (603hp/630tq at the wheels) says it is a solid investment.

Had a saying when I was sailing in warships; "If there's any doubt, there's no doubt." If you question the value/utility/return on investment of the install, you've probably already got your answer.

Take it easy,

Quinn