TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Upgraded Interior question???

I may be interested in upgrading my interior, I know I can go through Champion Mustang or Gary Disney, but I've been hesitant due to seeing inconsistent results. Some cars end up having some fit problems based on pictures.

Based on what I have heard here and the fact I saw a Katzkin sat at SAI I am assuming the New Upgraded Interior is different then years ago, but the pictures on the Shelby website have not changed.

Can anyone explain this? Are the Katzkin seats the same exact styles and colors as the old manufacturer? Any information or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

I have the Katzkin interior upgrade in my 2013 GTS. I cannot comment on the match against he original color since my car went straight to SAI before I ever saw it,
but it matches well against the rest of the interior of the car.
The quality is good and after 3 years seems to be wearing well, certainly better than the Ford supplied leather seats in my '08 GT did at equivalent age.

SAI_3805_zps245d72f2.jpg

I have the Katzkin interior upgrade in my 2013 GTS. I cannot comment on the match against he original color since my car went straight to SAI before I ever saw it,

but it matches well against the rest of the interior of the car.

The quality is good and after 3 years seems to be wearing well, certainly better than the Ford supplied leather seats in my '08 GT did at equivalent age.

Man ! Those are gorgeous seats ! Edited by cmcmotorworks

I may be interested in upgrading my interior, I know I can go through Champion Mustang or Gary Disney, but I've been hesitant due to seeing inconsistent results. Some cars end up having some fit problems based on pictures.

Based on what I have heard here and the fact I saw a Katzkin sat at SAI I am assuming the New Upgraded Interior is different then years ago, but the pictures on the Shelby website have not changed.

Can anyone explain this? Are the Katzkin seats the same exact styles and colors as the old manufacturer? Any information or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

I have a 2011 Shelby Super Snake interior upgrade by Gary Disney with no fit problems and is wearing excellent. I went with the red alcantara inserts which match very close to the Super Snake red brake calipers, the car was all black stock so I don't know how close the red is to oem as well as Katzkin. Starting in 2012 Shelby had Katzkin do the interior upgrade, but you can still have Gary Disney if you ask Shelby. I'm thinking the styles and colors vary between Katzkin and Gary Disney and needs to be confirmed by Shelby. I have 6 interior pictures in my "photo" section to aid you in your decision. I'm sure you'll enjoy either one, good luck.

Thank you!!!

Having had interiors from both in 2 different cars I can tell you without a doubt the fit and finish of the materials from G. Disney are far better than what SAI did!! Was Katskin to blame or was the install at SAI to blame the results speak loudly. Plus, using G. Disney's company you can do quite a bit of customizing

Having had interiors from both in 2 different cars I can tell you without a doubt the fit and finish of the materials from G. Disney are far better than what SAI did!! Was Katskin to blame or was the install at SAI to blame the results speak loudly. Plus, using G. Disney's company you can do quite a bit of customizing

Very good to know, I know Gary is very good to work with, he has sent me samples multiple times. I think the install company has a lot to do with the final outcome, I am going to reach out to Gary again.

Quick question for anyone that wishes to share an opinion, Gary can do "Ford Racing" seats and he can also do the "Powered by Ford" meaning those would be embroidered instead of Shelby, I am debating both. Shelby is already all over the car. I could also do no Logo for a far cheaper price.

Thank you again everyone, I appreciate your input. I should have done them years ago, some of you might remember, they had a 20-30% off sale for the Shelby Interior for a limited time.

Not sure you would like either of those on the seats? Remember the saying 'less is more' and that may apply

Are you doing it on the Shelby GT pictured?

On my 08 GT/SC I used the Carroll Shelby at the top and in the middle I used the Shelby GT Snake with GT/SC

IMG_0088.JPG

Not sure you would like either of those on the seats? Remember the saying 'less is more' and that may apply

Are you doing it on the Shelby GT pictured?

On my 08 GT/SC I used the Carroll Shelby at the top and in the middle I used the Shelby GT Snake with GT/SC

I love what you did, I am going to do the same, very nice!!!! Yes it is on the car pictured.

• 2 weeks later...

My last car I has the silver leaf with black, CS signature on all headrests, shifter boot, console cover and had the same place do the door panels. I loved it, it was a GaryDisney package. He supplied me at $100 enough leather for the door panels. BTW- that is one thing that sold the car to new the owner, he loved the interior, I didn't blame him!

My new GT/SC will have this as the first and maybe only mod. This will be very soon after the car arrives out of shipping.

My last car I has the silver leaf with black, CS signature on all headrests, shifter boot, console cover and had the same place do the door panels. I loved it, it was a GaryDisney package. He supplied me at $100 enough leather for the door panels. BTW- that is one thing that sold the car to new the owner, he loved the interior, I didn't blame him!

My new GT/SC will have this as the first and maybe only mod. This will be very soon after the car arrives out of shipping.

Great to know, I am working with Gary now, great idea on the door panels!!! I'm waiting for samples, I'm definately moving forward with this.

The door panels,done like the seats but smaller rolled & stitched, were the incing on the cake. I am glad he sold me the extra 1/2 hide to complete them.

This time I am sending my door panels down to him and he'll customize them with either CS signature, Shelby GT/SC or CS Supercharged, not sure yet (I do like the CS Supercharged racing logo). He has me sold on the white inserts, however I am still on the edge with the white inserts even though it looks great. My last car I had the piano black steering wheel spokes with the 3/4 Silverleaf leather around, I can't see putting 3/4 white on the steering wheel it would get dirty no matter how hard I tried to keep it clean. I think the interior upgrade is what takes the car to another level, it's very cool.

I thought about white, I just can't get myself to do it (afraid of the maintenance), it does look very sharp though. White was my top choice several years back when I was thinking about it. I think I'm going with the one with the stripe down the middle. I'm looking at black with ford blue inserts and a silver stripe. White double stitching and white Berg Snake with Shelby GT/SC under it on the seat backs.

I'm not 100% yet, still thinking about it.

Edited by carnut12

I am with you, white is a show winner every time, but maintaining it may be too much. There are a lot of choices, but like you it will happen again. The upgrade is incredible, it really personalized my last GT/SC. I am going to pull this trigger while the wife has given me the green light. She said she was lucky, I said your right! She interrupted and said "no I am lucky your not into Lamborghini's"!

I said, "yes you are dear". So I am approved for a interior upgrade!

Gary Disney not only does great work, but he is great to work with and takes a personal interest in your car and your needs ![/quote

Perfectly said! Do you know if his company is still an authorized vendor of Shelby American since they use Katzskins also, I think it is but not sure?

Gary Disney not only does great work, but he is great to work with and takes a personal interest in your car and your needs ![/quote

Perfectly said! Do you know if his company is still an authorized vendor of Shelby American since they use Katzskins also, I think it is but not sure?

11Snake: Yes, Gary is licensed with Shelby and Ford. It's on his business card that he gave me.

Nice, want to keep pedigree in the car. I have been in contact sending several interior looks of Shelby's to me. Now wondering who'll remove door panels for shipping? I am wondering if his installer here, custom soft touch, will do these

Do you have pics of those door panels? I never did my door panels as I couldn't think of a design to do it? I didn't want to use Blue or Black Alcantara as it wouldn't look good without a design or emblem

I'm hoping it still goes in the Shelby registry? It should.

Too bad Shelby doesn't do specials like they used to, I kick myself for not taking advantage of the one years back, it was 20% off if I remember correctly.

Yep, that's how I got mine in 2009. Took the price down to $1,600 and then I sold my OEM skins for $400 on eBay! Made it much more affordable.

• 2 weeks later...

Door panels on his site. All goes into registry otherwise just a new interior.

If anyone had custom design done he does not show that