TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 GT350R for sale

Its all a mute point. None of the nay sayers are going to sell their Shelby American GT350 or Shelby GT to buy the Camaro. If they do, good for them. Then they can haunt thier forums instead of ours.

I will say this, I am a Ford guy.... and a Shelby guy period. Other extole thier non brand brand specific taste as a virtue and cast those of us who are loyal to one brand as less than intelligent. They say we are missing out. I have riddin in a lot of Brand X cars and yes, they are nice. They are just not my thing. And no, Im not cheating myself because Im happy with my choices. Loyalty used to be the virtue. Like everything else in society, things have been turned upside down. So if the precious ZL1 is in fact faster, I dont care, let the modding begin

:clap:

ITS ABOUT TIME you finally spoke up! So it took you ownership of a new GT350 and months of reading the constant pot-shot posts from the naysayers on here. Congrats! They were trashing the GT350 before it was even released but now the ZL1 is their new hero, no stats available yet and all. :nonono:

Viet Nam (Vietnam)? ...F-14 Tomcats??? :headscratch: ...humm :stop: ..what year and Squadron?

:detective::lurk:

VF-1 (Wolfpack), part of Carrier Wing 14, 1972 through 1975. I see you are interested in aviation, and my need for speed started when I felt that afterburner kick in the first time, ever since then I liked cars like my GT350 and Raptor with big Whipples, or a Porsche with twin turbos, very much the same feeling and thrill.

BTW, I have a certain "Secondo" person on "ignore", and have had for quite some time. I can't see what he is saying here (lots of comments), but I am sure it is just more attacks and trashing of my Fords and other cars. He particularly dislikes Shelby American products, even my '68 Concours Gold KR, and my CSX 7000 Cobra, but especially my GT350. In the Navy and the Shore Patrol, we used to call people like him "Adam Henrys", you know that term?

:reading:

Yes, we may have played in the same sandbox (’72 –’75) :sandbox: . It caught my eye when you indicated service in “Viet Nam” (using vintage spelling) flying off the Enterprise in ’75. I know that during the ’74-75 deployment, Big E was on station during the exodus/evacuation of Saigon. I believe the actual support mission was named “Frequent Wind”. I am more familiar w a different "Wolfpack" (River Rats - Red River Valley). Regardless, a friend of a relative, served on the E during the same period … something “Hunters”? However, my relative served on the “Connie” …at Yankee Station sometime earlier in the conflict (same time as “Hollywood 112”). I recall listening to both of them rag me about my choice of military branch :gang: as they bullshitted their way to stardom ...in typical Annapolis brat fashion :gaah: (even though neither had ACM encounters). :drop: Well good to know you are a fellow aviator & a Vet…(may cut u some slack! :hysterical::hysterical2::whistling: ) thank you for your service :salute:

Edited by Voodoo Child

:clap:

ITS ABOUT TIME you finally spoke up! So it took you ownership of a new GT350 and months of reading the constant pot-shot posts from the naysayers on here. Congrats! They were trashing the GT350 before it was even released but now the ZL1 is their new hero, no stats available yet and all. :nonono:

Secondo. I have been watching this go on and yes, I have publicly stayed back. I have had my car on order a long time before I spoke up. Its not about me. There is a fine line between following the rules and being an forum Nazi, something I would rather not be. I don't understand why those people constantly feel the need to take an opportunity to bash the car. I cant see into their motives. We have some common ground, I'm not a fan of huge ADM's. I didn't pay one. where we part is thinking that your personal preferences are somehow superior to others. I don't understand that and I hope I never do

2015 Z/28 owner here. Promise, I am not here to stir anything up. I am not a Mustang hater. In fact, I had a black 2013 Boss 302 LS a while back it was a fantastic car. GT350 (and R) are awesome! I will not get rid of my Z, but may pick up a GT350 track pack somewhere down the road.

Secondo. I have been watching this go on and yes, I have publicly stayed back. I have had my car on order a long time before I spoke up. Its not about me. There is a fine line between following the rules and being an forum Nazi, something I would rather not be. I don't understand why those people constantly feel the need to take an opportunity to bash the car. I cant see into their motives. We have some common ground, I'm not a fan of huge ADM's. I didn't pay one. where we part is thinking that your personal preferences are somehow superior to others. I don't understand that and I hope I never do

:read::headscratch:

I lost the posting trail/reference to Secondo...I think you may be lashing at the wrong guy! :confused::shrug:

:speedie:

2015 Z/28 owner here. Promise, I am not here to stir anything up. I am not a Mustang hater. In fact, I had a black 2013 Boss 302 LS a while back it was a fantastic car. GT350 (and R) are awesome! I will not get rid of my Z, but may pick up a GT350 track pack somewhere down the road.

:dj:

Trivia Time! ...do you know the origin of the "Z/28" badge/label? :whistling:

:lurk::backtotopic:

:dj:

Trivia Time! ...do you know the origin of the "Z/28" badge/label? :whistling:

:lurk::backtotopic:

I believe it was the RPO code for the original car

With all these cartoon things your posts are really hard to read. An occasional one can be used to convey something but these are just so "noisy" I can't even see the words.

We will cut back... FYI ...i let my young grand-copilot entertain himself by choosing emoticons to go along with the text. He learns and associates context. He loves them! ...everytime I get on the terminal, he hops on my lap and help me surf! Nevertheless, you got a point!

Be well,

Great post!! It's an outstanding car!!! It's the second one (the first was the Boss 302) that has me thinking about selling the GT/SC!!!

And I would keep it stock, it's plenty fast for anything 99% of us need.

Great post!! It's an outstanding car!!! It's the second one (the first was the Boss 302) that has me thinking about selling the GT/SC!!!

And I would keep it stock, it's plenty fast for anything 99% of us need.

Thanks. I have not plans to add any power. As you said, it's plenty fast in stock form. I installed the wickerbill and am going to install a Hurst shifter (40% shorter throw and love the look...cueball grip, not the T grip).

The removal of the universally disliked ADMs, and seeing sales get to normal Mustang and Ford type pricing for their car sales would take away the biggest issue I ever had with the car.

Same here, I have had nothing but great things to say about the car itself, it is the ADM's such as the one that started this post that I have issues with.

:read: :headscratch:

I lost the posting trail/reference to Secondo...I think you may be lashing at the wrong guy! :confused::shrug:

:speedie:

I'm not lashing out at anyone. Everyone has a right to an opinion. I don't always understand their point of view but I certainly do not need to respond if I feel I have nothing to add to the conversation.

Justified, welcome to Team Shelby. The Z is a great car. I have frequented Camaro forums as well with no intention of stirring the pot. We can banter all we want but, when it comes down to it, we could all sit down and have a beer and be friends. Enjoy sir

Oh, I knew where the Z28 name came from :)

Edited by svttim

Hey fellas.....there's a red '16 {regular} GT350 with white OTT stripes in the showroom at Sarat Ford in Agawam Mass. right now.

MSRP is $57,9XX.....$20K ADM The owner of the store is Jeff Sarat...said he'd entertain offers.

I'm buying a low mile Gurney Eagle from 'em now, and saw it. I snapped an eye fone vid of it, but can't figger out how to post it. :shrug:

My sales guy is named Larry....GREAT guy!

:victory:

Edited by BIKEBOY

Hey fellas.....there's a red '16 {regular} GT350 with white OTT stripes in the showroom at Sarat Ford in Agawam Mass. right now.

MSRP is $57,9XX.....$20K ADM The owner of the store is Jeff Sarat...said he'd entertain offers.

I'm buying a low mile Gurney Eagle from 'em now, and saw it. I snapped an eye fone vid of it, but can't figger out how to post it. :shrug:

$20K ADM :drop:

Edited by shelby001

I'm not lashing out at anyone. Everyone has a right to an opinion. I don't always understand their point of view but I certainly do not need to respond if I feel I have nothing to add to the conversation.

Justified, welcome to Team Shelby. The Z is a great car. I have frequented Camaro forums as well with no intention of stirring the pot. We can banter all we want but, when it comes down to it, we could all sit down and have a beer and be friends. Enjoy sir

Oh, I knew where the Z28 name came from :)

Thanks for the nice welcome and I totally agree! We should all be proud of what our manufacturer's are cranking out right now (and in the 60's and early 70's). Some appreciate the Mustang more than the Camaro and vice versa. I sure as hell wouldn't turn my nose up at a GT350 (or R ) and I am willing to bet that most in here would grow to appreciate the Z/28 once behind the wheel. That said, I know I'm in a Shelby forum and I will be respectful and even swallow my pride when I see the negative comments about Camaros. Hey! If I don't like it then I shouldn't have come over to your neighborhood. We have our fun over on the Camaro forum too. Every now and then a mustang owner shows up and gets his/her feelings hurt and/or rags on Camaros, but for the most part everyone is pretty cool.

Edited by JUSTIFIED

I am willing to bet that most in here would grow to appreciate the Z/28 once behind the wheel. T

I had the luck to drive a new Z28 on the track at Charlotte, and a COPO Cammy at the dragstrip nearby, thanks to Rick Hendrick. I really loved the performance, but I have to admit, if all else equal (and sometimes it is not), the Mustang and Shelby styling wins me over.

I am willing to bet that most in here would grow to appreciate the Z/28 once behind the wheel. T

I had the luck to drive a new Z28 on the track at Charlotte, and a COPO Cammy at the dragstrip nearby, thanks to Rick Hendrick. I really loved the performance, but I have to admit, if all else equal (and sometimes it is not), the Mustang and Shelby styling wins me over.

I can see that. I didn't really like the Camaro styling at first, but came around over time. The 2015 Mustang styling in the base and GT version doesn't do much for me, but the GT350 looks bad ass.

That is where I saw the Gurney, funny I go there every year for my yearly service, it's only 10 miles or so from me.

I'll have to go check it out, I love their service Team!!!

I can see that. I didn't really like the Camaro styling at first, but came around over time. The 2015 Mustang styling in the base and GT version doesn't do much for me, but the GT350 looks bad ass.

:reading: ..well,

I did start satisfying my thirst for speed back in ’69 …when acquired a SS. That car stills my nostalgic #1. The fact remains that Camaros are Chevrolet’s intentional rip-off of the original Mustang sports car concept. Hence, the competitive cycle began with Camaros trying to trump the performance and looks of the Stang (try to ...anyways). I tip my hat to the original American Sports Car concept for the masses. Additional trivia …the name was initially chosen under a misguided/unfounded believe that it was a version of the French word “camarade” (comrade); later to be discovered that the word/name did not have such meaning. My understanding is that Chevrolet was already committed to introduce the car with a name that started with the letter “C” …so as to join the “C” line-up …Corvair (crude failed attempt to have a sports model on the market), Corvette, Chevelle, etc… Have a wonderful day!

:hide:

Edited by Voodoo Child

:reading: ..well,

I did start satisfying my thirst for speed back in ’69 …when acquired a SS. That car stills my nostalgic #1. The fact remains that Camaros are Chevrolet’s intentional rip-off of the original Mustang sports car concept. Hence, the competitive cycle began with Camaros trying to trump the performance and looks of the Stang (try to ...anyways). I tip my hat to the original American Sports Car concept for the masses. Additional trivia …the name was initially chosen under a misguided/unfounded believe that it was a version of the French word “camarade” (comrade); later to be discovered that the word/name did not have such meaning. My understanding is that Chevrolet was already committed to introduce the car with a name that started with the letter “C” …so as to join the “C” line-up …Corvair (crude failed attempt to have a sports model on the market), Corvette, Chevelle, etc… Have a wonderful day!

What you say is true in that the Mustang led to a response from GM... the Camaro. However, without the Camaro pushing the Mustang, the latter may not have evolved the way that it has. Competition is better for all. Otherwise the Mustang might still be rolling on a live rear axle and the Camaro might weigh 4500 lbs! :-)

What you say is true in that the Mustang led to a response from GM... the Camaro. However, without the Camaro pushing the Mustang, the latter may not have evolved the way that it has. Competition is better for all. Otherwise the Mustang might still be rolling on a live rear axle and the Camaro might weigh 4500 lbs! :-)

Like the Challenger......