TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What to Sell Estate Sale 2010 GT500 vert

terumi71

Hello all,

A buddy of mine is the executor of an estate with a 2010 GT500. Any thoughts on what to sell it for?

-convertible

- "all available options".....whatever that means. Just repeating what he said

-8,000 miles

-seats and floor mats always covered (again just repeating)

-cobalt blue with silver striping

Thanks in advance. Steve

Edited by terumi71

Hello all,

A buddy of mine is the executor of an estate with a 2010 GT500. Any thoughts on what to sell it for?

-convertible

- "all available options".....whatever that means. Just repeating what he said

-8,000 miles

-seats and floor mats always covered (again just repeating)

-cobalt blue with silver striping

Thanks in advance. Steve

Steve,

Best suggestion is for the executor to look at eBay & AutoTrader to see what comparable 2010 GT500's are currently bringing. He may also want to stop by a local Car-Max to see what they would offer to purchase the car for. These two suggestions should get him pretty much spot on what a realistic selling price would be for the car.

Steve

I sold a 2010 GT500 last year, convertible, for $37,500. $37,500 was book value back then. Book value has plummeted on these cars, even I don't believe the price. KBB is saying $31,000.

I would say, list it for $35,000, and make your bottom line $34,000. However, if market forces dictate, you might have to go as low as book :( Good luck!

Executors will sell for wholesale to move it out of the estate asap. I saw a low miles ford gt sell at BJ for about what dealers were paying. The executor was there with two cars (as I recall the other was a Series 1, I think he was a trust liquidator) and wished for more but said his mission was to leave with 0 cars.

Edited by twobjshelbys

• 2 months later...

Was there a will annexed on file with the estate? Second I assume of those inheriting from the estate, no one wants the GT500? I'm asking because you're buddy may not need to sell the Shelby. Finally depending on the total appraised value of the estate your buddy may be able to purchase the Shelby outright from the estate at market value I.E. KBB