TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Shelby GTH Press Release

i know folks are going to mistake my comments as negative, but i hope they dont leave that badge in that location. it looks bad there. like a complete afterthought. its hard not to leave well enough alone but less is more and doesnt look right at all. any designer will tell you to line things up on an invisible grid and either center things or offset them, asymmetrically, but not both.

Based on that picture I agree 100%, but I would have to see the entire car to judge better.

Stating your opinion is not negative, it's an opinion, those that take it as negative are single minded.

The 2015-2016 Shelby GT package isn't selling too well so this will kick it up a notch as its the same thing as the Shelby GT and Terlingua with a different color and different badge

I do not see this as being based off the Shelby GT at all, it appears to be based off the Mustang GT just like the last one. That actually makes sense since it will be a rental. The price should be MUCH lower then the Shelby GT package as well, probably similar to the premium the last batch of GT-H's sold for.

As long as they keep the premium similar to the 05-08 Shelby GT/GT-H I think they have a Winner on their hands, the mods are almost identical. Maybe they will follow this with a similar base Shelby GT that is more affordable????

i know folks are going to mistake my comments as negative, but i hope they dont leave that badge in that location. it looks bad there. like a complete afterthought. its hard not to leave well enough alone but less is more and doesnt look right at all. any designer will tell you to line things up on an invisible grid and either center things or offset them, asymmetrically, but not both.

Overall, not a bad take on the 50th anniversary Hertz edition. Many of the same mods that the 2006/2007 GT-H had.

However, unfortunately, IMO the new Mustang sheet metal design that Ford came up with limits what can be done - with not only this mod, but others. And not to be critical of the Shelby design, but the one big thing that is missing from the overall new Mustang design is the lack of the iconic faux gas cap on the trunk lid. The extremely large in-your-face lettering on the truck lid isn't making it, including the "GT-H lettering. Also, if it's meant to be a true anniversary edition, it should have a "50th Anniversary 1966 - 2016" badge like we have a 40th one for the 2006. And it would also have the retro look "GT" style wheels and maybe even a nice louvered-look rear quarter window glass (if that's what it is still called). Just my opinion of course, being very partial to the previous gen 'stangs - and of course my '06 GT-H.

Wonder too how the introduction of this version will affect pricing on the 2006 coupes.

BTW, noticed in the press release where it talks about the "Exterior" specs - it mentions "Faux Gas cap GT-H Logo". Unfortunately, it's NOT a faux gas cap, but just the large letters. Someone might wish to correct that.

Gary F: Your question: "Wonder too how the introduction of this version will affect pricing on the 2006 coupes." This picture in my opinion is priceless and cannot ever be repeated so I would hope the 40th cars inch up in value some day. That said, only time will tell. In the meantime, drive it.

10154275_10152353818873615_961248164_n1.jpg

Edited by H0050

I'd like to see them use the five spoke dark argent (current) Bullit wheel with the shaved flat outer spoke.

Much more reminiscent to "both" earlier cars.

Just an observation.

And I also agree that the PBF emblem looks like an afterthought back there.

But, I'm glad to see another partnership (attempt), anyway.

Now this is a cool picture. My understanding is this is the concept GT-H to be auctioned off for the CS Foundation. Thanks AJ/ Kieth for sharing on FB :

The one hanging on the wall looks much short than the overly long new gen 'stangs.