TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Shelby GTH Press Release

SAI-Steven

For those that attended this years Team Shelby Bash you should recognize the 1966 & 2006 Hertz cars in the photo below.

Recognize the two H cars. The new one is a nice addition. Now you just need to add the 2007 convert in a Rent A Racer photo shoot.

The 2015-2016 Shelby GT package isn't selling too well so this will kick it up a notch as its the same thing as the Shelby GT and Terlingua with a different color and different badge

Steve, this is at the Ford site.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/03/21/shelby-american-hertz-ford-launch-50th-anniversary-shelby-gt-h.html

It's really awful that the video title is "Herts Unveil Cut5".

When I was in local politics I really did take to heart the old adage "I don't care what they say about me just spell my name right".

Sigh.

In any case, the car looks really awesome. Only 140 copies though? It'll be easier to get a new Ford GT :)

The 2015-2016 Shelby GT package isn't selling too well so this will kick it up a notch as its the same thing as the Shelby GT and Terlingua with a different color and different badge

Respectfully, not the same in my opinion. The SGT and Terlingua have performance enhancements that the rental car will not unfortunately. Not taking away from the GT-H but that's what we have seen in the past and I expect it to be now. As far as sales, I think SA is doing pretty well both domestic and now abroad.

Steve, this is at the Ford site.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/03/21/shelby-american-hertz-ford-launch-50th-anniversary-shelby-gt-h.html

It's really awful that the video title is "Herts Unveil Cut5".

When I was in local politics I really did take to heart the old adage "I don't care what they say about me just spell my name right".

Sigh.

In any case, the car looks really awesome. Only 140 copies though? It'll be easier to get a new Ford GT :)

They need to fix the video title. I would be embarrassed.

Steve or someone at the unvail, please post a picture of the C-pillar badge when you get a chance.

See pic below.

Edit: I'm getting word that SAI did receive the revised c-pillar emblem in time for the unveil. By updated I'm referring to the c-pillar emblem having the letters GT-H added to the Shelby name. I want to get confirmation that this revised emblem is going to be used on the cars. If so I'll post a photo of the revised emblem.

2016 GTH logo.jpg

Is that the same fender badge as on the 07's? I hope that is not the case as I suspect that means are now 280 less than yesterday left to replace our fading and flaking versions.

140 is also a strange number - wasn't there 150 of the Penske versions made? 10 were manual tranny? Maybe 10 left over for Ford / Hertz execs?

i know folks are going to mistake my comments as negative, but i hope they dont leave that badge in that location. it looks bad there. like a complete afterthought. its hard not to leave well enough alone but less is more and doesnt look right at all. any designer will tell you to line things up on an invisible grid and either center things or offset them, asymmetrically, but not both.

Archived