TEAM SHELBY FORUM

looking at a 67 gt500 project tmr

GT500J

Hi I am looking at one tmr, where on the rear end will the vin # be? Thanks and what else should I look for on the car? I know the ford VIN and shelby vin, and also the rear snubbers. But what about anything else? Anything is appreciated thanks

Hi I am looking at one tmr, where on the rear end will the vin # be? Thanks and what else should I look for on the car? I know the ford VIN and shelby vin, and also the rear snubbers. But what about anything else? Anything is appreciated thanks

There is no Vin # on the rear end its an I.D tag telling you the info on the rear end itself. Look for a buck tag on the passenger side fender, have you check the serial # with the Shelby registry ? If you p.m me that number I can look it up & forward you the info.

• 3 weeks later...

For detail information on 1967 GT500, you really should get a copy of Shelby registry from SAAC or a Mustang/Shelby vendor and also review the SAAC 1967 Shelby forums. it could save you a lot of time and money to make sure it is a real Shelby GT500, not a fake with aftermarket number stamps and tags.

http://saacstuff.com/collections/saac-shelby-and-cobra-registries/products/saac-shelby-registry-1965-1966-1967

Archived