TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Jerking at 3k RPMs

Hey guys,

I've had my 2013 GT500 for a couple of years now and I just recently started noticing that the car jerks when I give it heavy throttle. It's in every gear when it reaches 3k RPMs. Anyone else have this problem? Should I be worried? I still have a year left on my power train warranty. By the way it's all stock. Might look into doing minor mods soon, also any advice on mods will be appreciated! Getting too used to the 662HP :p Thanks !

Does it go through it, ie, the engine is happy above 3K or does it continue to stutter above 3k?

Check fuel delivery, filters and pumps.

You should shoot a cell phone video of it happening and take it to your dealer.

Edited by twobjshelbys

So basically it only does it at 3K and then it's fine. It doesn't do it when I'm driving it normal, only when I'm accelerating hard/flooring it. So yes if I go back down to 2500 and go at it again it'll jerk again. For some reason it's always right at 3K, really frustrating. Was on and off but now it does it a lot. Haven't driven it today to see if it still does. I'll test drive again tomorrow. :/

So it sounds like it would do it, say, accelerating to merge on a freeway on ramp? (I know I certainly get over 3000RPM doing that.)

Since it's easily reproducible, and if the above is true, in normal driving conditions, then I would take it to the dealer. Take the service manager for a short ride and show him. You do know that they will have to drive your car though.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Yea it would do it if I'm accelerating hard once it gets to 3K. Not just normal driving. Yea I'll probably just do that. I just hate dealing with dealerships. I've had problems in the past and they always tell me it's "normal" :/ I love this car! But these dealers are ruining the experience of owning these cars that need so much care. I'm afraid something will break down the road once my warranty is over, and I'll have to pay out of pocket for a pre-existing problem !

What's your setting for Launch Mode RPM. Is it 3,000? Just curious? If so, go to the lowest or highest setting ( I forgot exactly what they are) and then take note of what's happening? Electrons are funny. This shouldn't ever happen, however, I've seen similar occurrences that should never happen.