TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange with white or tungsten stripes?

Grabber Orange with white or tungsten stripes?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Grabber Orange

• Performance White stripes
    • Tungsten stripes

I agree - I think the white stripes add more contrast to the overall look. I think black would have been more interesting that the tungsten with the Grabber Orange color.

I was hoping for black as well, but I'm liking the Tungsten, especially on the front of the car. The only part I'm not 100% on is the back of the car. I like the white better on the rear taillight panel... Not sure why, it just looks better than the Tungsten. I'm totally sold on the Tungsten side stripes, I think they're perfect. I may have to go with one of those honeycomb blackout panels on the rear!

For me, its Tunsten, definately Tungsten. The problem is as someone here already stated, the Grabber Orange color has appeared different in every picture depending on the ambient light in the picture and the f-stop setting on the camera. If you look at the airbrushed and perfectly lit photos of the GT targa, the grabber orange/Tungsen stripe combo on that GT looks terrific in those pictures.

The white stripes are fine, but to my eyes, that color combo reminds me of a 50-50 Ice Cream bar. A 500 hundred horsepower 50-50 ice cream bar, but still a 50-50 bar. Actually, if the truth be known, none of the color combinations offered really thrill me. The white/blue or the blue/white are classics and I love them both, but I have the feeling that every dealer is going to order those color combos until they are played out to death. The color combo that I really wanted Ford to offer (and I even wrote them pleading for it) was a dark metallic green with gold stripes, tan top, and tan leather interior. But alas, it is not to be.

Yep, Tungsten, definately Tungsten...

I agree with a couple guys above- I think black on orange would be cool- dont think it would look too 'halloweenish' either...wonder why they dont offer 'any stripe you want', I mean it aint like they gotta change anything...just a stripe. White w/vista stripes is still my favorite(like many) for a shelby, but I think something like the old jade green(almost black) with black stripes would be subtle and very cool too. Ever see a black jade boss 302 w/black stripes? very cool...

Yes... you're tired of me saying it.... but it has to be Grabber Orange with white stripes!!!....

But what is really missing is a white interior package....

Wish we could make a special order with the factory.....like the old days!

For me, its Tunsten, definately Tungsten. The problem is as someone here already stated, the Grabber Orange color has appeared different in every picture depending on the ambient light in the picture and the f-stop setting on the camera. If you look at the airbrushed and perfectly lit photos of the GT targa, the grabber orange/Tungsen stripe combo on that GT looks terrific in those pictures.

The white stripes are fine, but to my eyes, that color combo reminds me of a 50-50 Ice Cream bar. A 500 hundred horsepower 50-50 ice cream bar, but still a 50-50 bar. Actually, if the truth be known, none of the color combinations offered really thrill me. The white/blue or the blue/white are classics and I love them both, but I have the feeling that every dealer is going to order those color combos until they are played out to death. The color combo that I really wanted Ford to offer (and I even wrote them pleading for it) was a dark metallic green with gold stripes, tan top, and tan leather interior. But alas, it is not to be.

Yep, Tungsten, definately Tungsten...

Dark Green with Gold stripes would e beautiful! I love that combination.

BLACK...BLACK...BLACK...BLACK...BLACK...B L A C K !!!!!!!

sorry, I'm okay...I guess white.

Yep, what he said. Black would be best but since it isn't offered, I like white. I didn't even think I would like that combo, but it is beautiful!

Archived