TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Old New Member (2016 GT350 - Voodoo Child)

Greetings everyone,

I am just announcing my new membership and embracing the opportunity to share some senior thoughts with you. Since 1996, I had been dealing with a sour after-taste as result of a disappointing SVT Cobra purchase/ownership. I believe that Ford’s futile (misguided) attempt to re-introduce the Snake with a weak premature product at the time, kept me away from subsequent SVT products. Nonetheless, in a few occasions I came close to breaking the personal boycott …especially, during some of the GT500 years. The previous SVT Cobra experience, made me too critical and for some reason the GT500 hardware, did not feel quite right for my peculiar driving taste. During my early amateurish racing days (still amateur), I quickly learned that cars were just like aircraft, guns, and women …once in a while, during a blue-moon, one will come along that will be just right for you. Alas, enters the GT350. Given the fact that I am not getting any younger and against my better judgment (skip a first generation production model), recently pulled the trigger and ordered a 2016 Shelby. I am here to bear witness that after accepting delivery of “The Voodoo Child” and driving her for over 100 miles, any prior hang-ups and reluctance to own a Shelby, have vanished/melted away. My GT350 just feels and drives right …commercial hype aside, the stead has exceeded my expectations. Not perfect…but as I alluded to before, car worthiness is about individual’s preference. More so, on how the overall hardware supports driving styles and skills. For those that have not driven one, like its predecessor, the car demands attention …even when cruising on the highway. I am sure that for one reason or another , many buyers will be disappointed …especially if they had never driven one before the purchase. Nevertheless, if you still holding-out for the next best thing, consider this …a fact remains— tomorrow will bring a better mousetrap; therefore, I suggest that you live for today, accept the mousetrap fact, and enjoy a good car today. In addition, if at all practical, I suggest to those contemplating the purchase of a new GT350, to find a promo tour and sign-up for a test drive. Part of the experience is the hunt and securing a good deal (procurement process). I am looking forward to learning how to navigate this site/application and enjoying a positive and productive comradeship with all of you. Thanks and be well!

Edited by J MONSERRATE

Guest markham51

Welcome. Hope you have fun with your GT350. I am (kind of). when you live near Toronto you get short changed on the driving weather front. It arrived in November and...well, you know...

:shift: