TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Microfiber towels

cknight

I am looking for the very best microfiber towels. I saw a 3 year old black mustang at a show last weekend that had flawless paint. He told me to used only the best US microfiber towels, not China made. All I can find are China made.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am looking for the very best microfiber towels. I saw a 3 year old black mustang at a show last weekend that had flawless paint. He told me to used only the best US microfiber towels, not China made. All I can find are China made.

DF

These towels are made in the US with only natural materials - no synthetics.

Wow! Those aren't cheap. :drop:

I go with the 12 x 12. Only $5 each. The larger ones get cumbersome to fold and re-fold. Two folds of the 12 x 12 gives you a nice 6 x 6 to work with.

Much less costly than a good 100% cotton hand towel, by the way.

FWIW, Zaino says stay away from the microfiber towels. They can damage the finish.

I think that depends on the quality of the MF towel. I only use Griots Garage MF towels. My paint looks pretty good. And that's on a 9 year old, 98,000 mile pick up truck that I used to run through car washes. To help pass the time waiting on my GT500 I have been spending a fair amount of time buffing it. I use microfiber only on it.

I don't remember how much I paid for mine. They are pretty nice. In the pics, those DF towels look pretty plush. I just might have to try some of those. I like the idea of that cord sock, too. My Porter Cable Buffer cord leaves little waxy marks on the paint if you let it touch it.

True if you use cheap ones, the kind they have at Costco that feel scratchy. Good ones work great.

Zaino claims to have tested them and they say they have found inconsistent quality even in the expensive domestic micro-fiber products. In their FAQ section, they say they are continuing to evaluate them, but at this time, they do not recommend using them. Again, FWIW.

Zaino claims to have tested them and they say they have found inconsistent quality even in the expensive domestic micro-fiber products. In their FAQ section, they say they are continuing to evaluate them, but at this time, they do not recommend using them. Again, FWIW.

I know, but I have used the good ones with Zaino on black paint with fabulous results. You do need to test them though. I think the recommend Cannon and Fieldcrest cotton towels. These brands haven't been made for a number of years so you have to test even the "good" cotton towels.

I just started using Turtle Wax ICE, and it comes with a MF towel. I wonder why, if it harms the finish.

I've only used the MF towel on the windshield to finish.

That'd be interesting to find an independent test. Anyone a consumer reports member?

Black paint?

Do you waste time polishing that GM product? :ohsnap:

:hysterical:

Yeah, it needs it. On the other hand, the Shelby is self-cleaning and polishing. I go in the garage and wave my magic key fob at it and it's clean. How about yours. You DID get this option didn't you.

Check.

Check?

Your good.

Just bought the "Zaino Kit" on the weekend. :happy feet:

He definately said to be careful using Microfibre towels. U.S. and Canada made only. He said to test them first, be preferred a good quality cotton towel. I tried one on a cd and it did not scratch the cd. :banana piano:

My buddies and I all use the Costco micro fiber cloths and they seem just fine. No scratches in my finish or theirs and they own a Ford GT Super Car, AC Cobra and ZO6. They may scratch a CD but no evidence on the car finish. I think you guys are taking this way too serious.

OK flame on.

My buddies and I all use the Costco micro fiber cloths and they seem just fine. No scratches in my finish or theirs and they own a Ford GT Super Car, AC Cobra and ZO6. They may scratch a CD but no evidence on the car finish. I think you guys are taking this way too serious.

OK flame on.

No flames here dude....I also use the Costco ones. I bought 2) 24 packs. They work great!

Do not use microfiber towels period. Use 100% cotton USA made bath towels, trimmed of binding.

Archived