TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Daily in the winter

zpele

Can't imagine doing that here, for one thing the snow would take out the splitter pretty fast.

Way too much salt on our roads too, it would deteriorate pretty fast.

I wonder if you get yourself a hand held tuner, you could turn down the power via timing and rev limiter for poor weather safety.

I know this is a completely different animal with far less power and much better balance with the aluminum V-6 (actually 51.2% rear weight bias), but I can honestly say that this is the best winter driver that I have ever had. I run Pirelli Winter Carver Edge tires on all 4 corners during the winter. These things stick amazingly well. Probably equal to or better than the Blizzaks. I love this thing on the snow and ice. I walk away from 4x4's on icy hills with no problem. It's all about knowing what you are doing and getting the right grip. A GT500 would certainly take a bit more finesse!

2014winter_zps29697783.jpg

Your putting studded tires on a GT500? :drop:

That's almost as bad as the time I had to put chains on my '64 1/2 for an 8 mile drive out of the hills in Cali. Only did it cuz I was worried about the trooper that was on the road that day, I was told by one of his partners that if he saw me, I would get a large ticket. But that was the only time I ever did it.

I wouldn't worry about studs. Really not needed with the proper tires. Do like I did and get an extra set of 19" Brembo pkg wheels or wheels like you have and put these 255/40/19 Pirelli Winter Carvers on all 4 and you will be truly amazed at the handling on snow and ice. That way you have an easy swap when the weather changes. Putting them on all 4 is a major factor. Stopping and turning is kind of nice also.

I know this is a completely different animal with far less power and much better balance with the aluminum V-6 (actually 51.2% rear weight bias), but I can honestly say that this is the best winter driver that I have ever had. I run Pirelli Winter Carver Edge tires on all 4 corners during the winter. These things stick amazingly well. Probably equal to or better than the Blizzaks. I love this thing on the snow and ice. I walk away from 4x4's on icy hills with no problem. It's all about knowing what you are doing and getting the right grip. A GT500 would certainly take a bit more finesse!

2014winter_zps29697783.jpg

Damn Jeff...and sorry for being off-topic here, OP.....but I LOVE that car!!

I believe I've said so before!

:hysterical:

I drive my car year round, have a set of snow tires (BF Goodrich Blizzak's) on KR rims, and a set of 20's on CS40's for the summertime. Of course since the water is turned off at the house (Winter) I use the local car wash to get the salt/ chemicals off her. Life is way to short, so as long as snow isn't above the front spoiler, I'm driving. :shift:post-35652-0-40946100-1456095706_thumb.jpgpost-35652-0-58554200-1456095733_thumb.jpgpost-35652-0-37883900-1456095754_thumb.jpg :clapping:

Archived