TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many miles on your Shelby

tiger lee

Just turned 1000 original miles on my 2008 Super Snake, received back from The Mod Shop in Jan. 2009 with 21.6 original miles (went out to Las Vegas with 8.3 original miles).

^^^Now, with the numbers rolling over at 999.9, my trip odometer no longer matches my odometer?!?!?!? ;)

R

Edited by Robert M

6,185 miles since Good Friday on April 18, 2014 - 2014 GT500 - I live in the Midwest, just outside Chicago. It has only seen rain three times, upon delivery day from the dealer in Charlotte,NC, last years local car show, and then on forecasted clear weather day returning from the office.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I have about 700 miles on the '13 I bought off the showroom floor. (That was my made it car)

I bought a used '12 to daily drive and I've got about 4,000 mile this year. I tried for more, but with travel and other issues at home, I just don't drive it enough.

As a side bar: I'm in Alaska today, it was raining all week, and some guy at the office has been driving a Ford GT to work this week. I wouldn't have the guts to drive that to work in the rain. I guess it is all relative.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well i traded my 14 vert in on another 14 vert in April of this year. The original 14 had almost 60,000mi on it and was race red, the present one had 491mi when I purchased and is ruby red and now has 18,000 miles. This is the fourth gt500 I have driven and enjoyed and I hope I live long enough to enjoy a few more.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have not posted in a while, been downsizing now that the kids are in, and one is now graduated from college. Moving sucks. Especially when I just got my garage the way I wanted it, but the house sure got to looking bigger and more demanding of upkeep than I remember it when we bought it 25 years ago.

Well, I remember posting this question myself maybe a couple years back when I had 30,000+ miles, and as of January 1, 2017, I will have exactly 63,002.2 because that is how she sits now and it's too cold to go out tonight. Besides, on December 22, 2016, the doctors opened me up and pounded a nice spike of titanium into the bone marrow of my left (clutch leg!) femur. I told the doctor before surgery that my relationship with my clutch is important to me, and asked if he could put something in the hip to make me faster off the line. was really slowing down on my shifting, and I was loosing smoothness as my bones were rubbing together and wearing out, resulting in "notching" - yes, feels just like I had a ratchet wrench in my hip. He did give me the same type he would use if one of the Red Sox players or Patriots players broke something and needed a hip. Titanium, with polyethylene-porous tantalum acetabular components and ceramic. He declined to install zerk fittings for me, though, so I hope it is lubed well.

I thought new hips were for great-grandads, I am 58 - no grandkids even (although the pressure is now on my son being that he just graduated from Stony Brook University on Long Island with a Chemical and Molecular Engineering degree - and, just to make the old man jealous, his very first real job out of school is in the Advanced Engineering Group of the Powertrain Division of G.M. at the Milford, Michigan proving grounds, testing the fun stuff.

Sorry, I digressed. I find the Shelby is wonderful on the wide open interstate, especially during the late night (my preference) or early morning when no one is on the road. I really enjoyed going to visit my son in Michigan this summer, it is about 800 miles from where I live in Massachusetts to Novi, Michigan, a nice place to stay. My radar detector with the nice BlendMount w/ the MirrorTap power supply keeps everything neat and stock. Plus, with my current setup, I do not ever have to turn it on as it is ignition wired and runs when the car does (of course, I can turn it off the I want - like driving through the Peoples Republic of Washington DC where they are illegal).

Looks like a few people are gaining on me mileage wise, so I better get off these crutches soon and start driving aimlessly again!!! I love putting seat time on the car, and it still gets a great reception at the gas station, post-office, etc.

Take care,

Keith

2013 Shelby GT500 / SVT Package / Track Package / Recaros / Navigation / currently running Michelin Pilot Sport A3+ / The only one, I think, Race Red stripe delete with the dealer adding back the stock side stripes in white, only (no OTT).

2003 Ford Expedition

2008 Kawasaki KX-250F

2006 Yamaha YZ-125

Hi Everyone!

I am a new guy here, ready to buy a nice low mile stock 2013-2014 GT500. I came across this thread and wanted to post a thought for all trying to keep the miles very low on their cars. I have owned well over 100 cars and motorcycles in my 49 years - most restoration or hot rod projects. I finally bought a new 2003 Corvette Convertible in 2003. I added a Magnuson Supercharger, alchohol Injection, cam, headers and ended up with 535 rwhp in a very driveable and fun car. I really tried to keep the miles low and only drove it on weekends and the occasional sunny day to work. As a reward for my diligent conservation of this 50th year Corvette, when I sold it the next guy got a STELLAR 9k mile Vette that was 5 years old. He was very greatful for me not driving it too much :(

I learned my lesson, drive it EVERY nice day you can. All you are doing by keeping the miles low is making sure the next guy gets a nice used toy. Cars are built to enjoy - so enjoy them. Yes, there may be some exceptions and some of you may be flush with cash - I am not, I am a working guy.

Now I am focusing in on a less than 15k mile 2013-2014 GT500, and thankfully for me - there are a fair amount of them around for a really good price. If I am will ing to drop down to 2010 and newer the field REALLY expands. Don't be me - get out and enjoy oyur car as much as you can!

Just my 2 cents....

Edited by ragtop_rob

3K on a 14 I just got today. Performance / track / electronics and Recaros. One owner and thanks for keepin the mileage down. Black/black/black $21K off MSRP good deals to be found.

I'm retired and this is not a Dailey driver and I bet I won't put more then 1500/ year either.

Edited by mach 1 1970