TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Super Snake review by R&T-concerned

Hello everyone,

Brand new to these forums and figured I'd post here since I am currently looking at either a Shelby GT (with SC and other options) or the SS or maybe a "regular GT Premium with PP" and modify from there since the local Ford dealers are asking way too much markup for a base GT350 and GT350R assuming you can get your hands on an allocation for the '17 model year. Some online building tells me I think I'd be better off with the SS because after I add most of the options to a Shelby GT I'm close in price to the SS already but bear with me. :)

I understand that the test car driven by R&T was still in development (or at least mostly done with some remaining bugs) but how many of the test car's issues still linger such as the "light switch" brakes? I wish I could go to the Shelby Bash to try one out but I would love to hear from owners of one, as well.

I want to get a car that I can share with my son later on. Granted he's only 3 now but this is probably my one and only chance to get a car like this with my wife's full approval so I need it to count and be the best choice I can make.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks!

Greg

I have a '13 SS and I love it. Obviously quite a different vehicle than a 15/16 would be, but it definitely means alot to me. I have a blast with it on the track, on road trips, and local car shows. If the prices are not too different, I would recommend the SS over the GT, but of course that all depends on what you want to do with it.

I was fortunate to be able to see one of the GT350R at one of our track events and it was amazing. I would love to have one of those someday. That being said, I would not trade my SS for it. I appreciate having a serial numbered vehicle and I hope to be able to keep it forever.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't put much weight into those reviews. Those guys are not drivers. We had half a dozen journalists come to Terlingua in 2008, and two of them drive a Prius for a daily. One guy stalled one of the SAI cars three times getting it out of the parking lot, and not a single one really played around like the rest of us.

Hello everyone,

Brand new to these forums and figured I'd post here since I am currently looking at either a Shelby GT (with SC and other options) or the SS or maybe a "regular GT Premium with PP" and modify from there since the local Ford dealers are asking way too much markup for a base GT350 and GT350R assuming you can get your hands on an allocation for the '17 model year. Some online building tells me I think I'd be better off with the SS because after I add most of the options to a Shelby GT I'm close in price to the SS already but bear with me. :)

I understand that the test car driven by R&T was still in development (or at least mostly done with some remaining bugs) but how many of the test car's issues still linger such as the "light switch" brakes? I wish I could go to the Shelby Bash to try one out but I would love to hear from owners of one, as well.

I want to get a car that I can share with my son later on. Granted he's only 3 now but this is probably my one and only chance to get a car like this with my wife's full approval so I need it to count and be the best choice I can make.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks!

Greg

Right now most Super Snakes cost more than the new GT350 even used ones. I've seen many new GT350's on ebay priced very reasonable so keep looking. I'd go for the new GT350 just for the 5.2 8,200rpm screamer. Having big HP isn't everything

As an owner of a Shelby GT these are great! Depending on what year you are looking at

NoMSG -

Contact Shelby about one of their "Drive it before you Buy it" events. They may have a slightly different name for it, but they will know what you are talking about.

Basically, you fly Las Vegas, then go out to the track and get to drive all of the Shelby cars, along with some driving instruction and other goodies. If you do purchase a car from them, the cost of your trip (minus airfare and lodging) is put towards the price of the car.

If you don't purchase a car, you still had an awesome day at the track, driving someone else's Shelby like to stole it....while Gary Patterson sits next to you and tells you that you can go faster through the next corner! :shift:

Drive one and make your own decision. Don't let a magazine review cause you to loose out on a fantastic car.

Z-man

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks!

Greg

Not sure if you found your Shelby GT 500, but see if you like the one I recently posted in GT 500 Classified ads in Florida for $75K with various MOD's.

Regards