TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Value Of 2013 & 2014 Gt500's

denohew

Torched 10. If you are going to buy a new mustang GT what will the dealer offer you on trade in. Try emailing a dealer with your numbers and see what happens. 7% tax on a $30K will help you avoid the $2100 tax on the new car. I'm sure you already know this but someone else reading this may not. Spring time is a great time to sell a convertible. Trying to sell a conv in the winter not a great time IMO. Put it on eBay to get more exposure. I've found a lot of cars from using eBay. Most buyers don't buy on eBay but they use it to deal directly with the seller.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Torched 10. If you are going to buy a new mustang GT what will the dealer offer you on trade in. Try emailing a dealer with your numbers and see what happens. 7% tax on a $30K will help you. $2100 +. Spring time is a great time to sell a convertible. Trying to sell a conv in the winter not a great time IMO. Put it on eBay to get more exposure. I've found a lot of cars from using eBay. Most buyers don't buy on eBay but they use it to deal directly with the seller.

Many states tax a purchase made with a trade in at the difference between purchase price and trade in. The difference in sales tax can be more than the difference in a private sale. So when setting your price on a private sale, the minimum you should take is the difference in sales tax with a trade. Most common used cars don't close this gap.

thanks ill head to Tidwell this weekend

Ask for Brandon. He is one of the managers. His number is 770 881-1205.You can text him @ this number also. Tell him Mike Watchko sent you. Also tell him I don't want any finder fee and apply it to you if you buy anything. Hope it works out.

He was one of the very few ford dealers willing to sell a Shelby GT350 for MSRP back when they first came out. Years ago now.

Edited by mach 1 1970

This was posted on the SVTP site yesterday.....................looks like a " buyer " market to me !!

............The seller posted @ 5:37 pm, had a response with a contact phone # @ 7:36 pm

2013 gt500

$47,000 obo

Kingwood, TX (77345)

Car is next to flawless

Bought this from Chris Magnano last year and it's been awesome. I'm really sad to have to sell it had some family issues arise and now I have to.

Bought the car with 1700 miles on it and drove it from New York to Houston. Most of the miles are highway.

Bone stock aside of the 555rs and invos/shifter knob/mats

Have both keys

Recaros

Navigation

Shakers system

SVT track pack

Original car cover

Original mats

Original tires

Window sticker

8000miles

Edited by 1 Alibi 2

2013 with 8000 miles 2 owner car , but what color is it ? I agree with Secondo a must sell situation is not a fair maket value or buyers market. However $47K is not a fire sale either. I would say the performance coupe market is getting a bit saturated with so many manufactures jumping in. But how many have 662 hp and below $50K ? With the next Corvette C8 going mid engine this is going to be interesting for sure, maybe even a hybrid system with torque vectoring. Hell I'd buy one. Ok back on topic.

Edited by mach 1 1970

The above mentioned '13 GT500 for $47K sounds about right in today's market. I've seen several clean low mile examples for sale locally in the $45K-$50K range. I just haven't found the right color and option combo yet. There is a reason why those listed for sale for $50K+ haven't sold.

Edited by Captain Beyond

What's really crazy is the new Camaro ZL1 650hp manual is still slower in acceleration numbers then the 13/14 GT500 according to the mags. The 10 speed auto that's almost a tie......GT 500 3.5 and 11.6 @ 125.7mph.....ZL1 manual 3.9 and 11.9...... Auto 3.5 and 11.5 @ 125.mph how about that !!!! Now the ZL1 on the track is faster with better rubber, brakes and brake lines that technology for yah. Not bad for the last Shelby GT 500 that Carroll had a hand in. He would be proud if he was with us today. We still "beat the hell out of them with a 4 year old car" he would have said.....click and enjoy

Edited by mach 1 1970

What's really crazy is the new Camaro ZL1 650hp manual is still slower in acceleration numbers then the 13/14 GT500 according to the mags. The 10 speed auto that's almost a tie......GT 500 3.5 and 11.6 @ 125.7mph.....ZL1 manual 3.9 and 11.9...... Auto 3.5 and 11.5 @ 125.mph how about that !!!! Now the ZL1 on the track is faster with better rubber, brakes and brake lines that technology for yah. Not bad for the last Shelby GT 500 that Carroll had a hand in. He would be proud if he was with us today. We still "beat the hell out of them with a 4 year old car" he would have said.....click and enjoy

+1 great post now this is what I'm talking about. Real numbers and proof that show the '13-'14 GT500 released in 2012 was and still is a beast!! :yahoo::dance: :happy feet: :peelout:

:victory:

This was posted on the SVTP site yesterday.....................looks like a " buyer " market to me !!............The seller posted @ 5:37 pm, had a response with a contact phone # @ 7:36 pm..2013 gt500$47,000 oboKingwood, TX (77345)Car is next to flawlessBought this from Chris Magnano last year and it's been awesome. I'm really sad to have to sell it had some family issues arise and now I have to.Bought the car with 1700 miles on it and drove it from New York to Houston. Most of the miles are highway.Bone stock aside of the 555rs and invos/shifter knob/matsHave both keysRecarosNavigationShakers systemSVT track packOriginal car coverOriginal matsOriginal tiresWindow sticker8000miles.

That one sold today. There's also a '14 GT500 for sale there for $46K. It's a loaded black coupe with only 5600 miles.

Edited by Captain Beyond

ZL1 brakes and tires have a little to do with the track numbers, but it is it's far superior suspension that drives most of that delta.

That's why I'm looking forward to the Ford answer to all these Camaro's, they have to have something in the works to combat these performance bargains.

Edited by carnut12

Carnut12......If tires and brakes don't matter that much tell that to the team that developed the 350R. You have to have the rims to handle the tires also. I'm sure you would agree.

This is a GT500 forum , back on topic. 11" rims on the 13/14 500 with Michelin cup 2 .305 meats would help a great deal in the performance numbers. Back in 2011 SVT didn't have those options. We do today. Plus better brake lines like they use today. Just saying the current crop of cars have these options. Put them on a 4 year old car and see the results. Those 1/4 times would come down. The 13/14 is a car that can perform on the street , strip and track with all three coolers and no heat problems. The ZL 1 is the same. The 350 is kind of a one trick pony meant for the track. The next 500 if there is one will be a performer in all 3 areas as well and kick the hell out of the competion.

Value of the 13/14 GT500 as of today are holding their own pretty well from What I have observed. It's a car that Carroll Shelby drove and signed off on as the last change to make a beast. That's heritage that will forever follow the 13/14 GT500. No other car in the future will have that heritage.

I love it when Carroll says "kick the hell out of the competion " priceless. SVT did it back then and the 13/14 500 is still doing it today. Carroll would be proud of what he had a hand in building back in 2012. We all miss him for sure and yes hearing his voice is still magic to us old guys. Like a father figure I guess.

Edited by mach 1 1970

ZL1 brakes and tires have a little to do with the track numbers, but it is it's far superior suspension that drives most of that delta.

Far superior suspension to a 4 year old GT500?...yes, but to a same year GT350?...I don't know about that.

I'll bet the next GT500 will incorporate the latest GT350 suspension along with 700+hp and 10 speed auto.

Edited by Captain Beyond