TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Value Of 2013 & 2014 Gt500's

denohew

The V/10 engine is used in the RV market. It's the only engine that the RV market uses in the class C gas and Class A gas motorhomes . It's a big market for Ford with no competitors. Could the 7 be the replacement in the future ?

Edited by mach 1 1970

Why? :headscratch:

Yes...I've got a 14 but seems like to me the BOSS would at least keep up with the Shelby, as it relates to holding value. Maybe I am just biased since I have a 70 BOSS. Just surprising to me to see a BOSS selling for under 30K and I guess still dropping. If I didn't have a 70 Cobra Jet at the resto house I would be buying a 12/13 BOSS but at present I need to dedicate funds to finishing CJ car....and then there is the wife thing...she thinks we have enough Mustangs...

DSC04429_zpsskukhdon.jpg

Edited by blk12svt

Yes...I've got a 14 but seems like to me the BOSS would at least keep up with the Shelby, as it relates to holding value. Maybe I am just biased since I have a 70 BOSS. Just surprising to me to see a BOSS selling for under 30K and I guess still dropping. If I didn't have a 70 Cobra Jet at the resto house I would be buying a 12/13 BOSS but at present I need to dedicate funds to finishing CJ car....and then there is the wife thing...she thinks we have enough Mustangs...f

Nice boss 302 I've always liked the 70 mustang and have owned over 6. It was a home run in design much like the 05-14 mustang. I've owned over 6 in that model also. But that's just my opinion and my money. Do you see that the 13/14 500 has rolled fenders just like the boss 302...cool !

DSC04429_zpsskukhdon.jpg

Edited by mach 1 1970

Yes...I've got a 14 but seems like to me the BOSS would at least keep up with the Shelby, as it relates to holding value. Maybe I am just biased since I have a 70 BOSS. Just surprising to me to see a BOSS selling for under 30K and I guess still dropping. If I didn't have a 70 Cobra Jet at the resto house I would be buying a 12/13 BOSS but at present I need to dedicate funds to finishing CJ car....and then there is the wife thing...she thinks we have enough Mustangs...

DSC04429_zpsskukhdon.jpg

Beautiful Boss 302!!! I think the 69-70 Boss & Mach 1 models are the best looking muscle cars ever. Edited by Captain Beyond

Yeah I wish the 14 had a bit more whine like the 12. But the stock exhaust is much improved over the early 500's. I had a 07 GT 500 and the ass end was like a 4x4. The 13/14 much improved on that as well. The 08 KR had everything fixed from the stance to the exhaust on the early 500's.

Edited by mach 1 1970

The V/10 engine is used in the RV market. It's the only engine that the RV market uses in the class C gas and Class A gas motorhomes . It's a big market for Ford with no competitors. Could the 7 be the replacement in the future ?

V-10 Mustang? It's been done. I remember seeing the BOSS 351 Mustang in the link below, it had a Mich. Manuf. license plate and idled through the crowd at an MCA event where the SVT display trailer was parked. I think it was at Lowes Motor Speedway, maybe 12-13 years ago..............It definitely had a unique sound.......

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/138-0402-boss-351-v10-mustang/

^^^^^^^It may have been one of John Coletti's pet projects?

R

Edited by Robert M

Except most buyers of the GT350 are not racing them so then its a great car and far better handling then a 13-14 GT500. Having the biggest HP is not always the perfect car

The Boss 302's are great buys right now

Except most buyers of the GT350 are not racing them so then its a great car and far better handling then a 13-14 GT500. Having the biggest HP is not always the perfect car

Maybe not for you, but it is for me! Everyone has their own tastes:-) People with back issues may not be able to take the left/right jarring of a road course, hence, gimme the straight line power! Different strokes for different folks!

The 13/14 Shelby GT 500 can handle a road course better then most people realize. With electric adjustable dampers and all three coolers for the engine ,trans and diff. The car was set up by SVT to carve some great corners. The 662 hp would pull very hard out of the corners. Look up the times. Lighting laps the LS Boss 302 ran a 3:02 compared to a 3:00 for the 13 Shelby GT 500 . Put Michelin cup 2 tires on one and it's faster then a non R 350. On the street there is no comparison. 11.5 1/4 mile vs a 12.6 1/4 mile and 3.5 vs 4.2 to 60 ...350 track pack. That's one reason I sold my 16 track 350 it was kind of a dog. I didn't want to mess with the oil line recall either. No power below 4000 rpm. Sure it would rev above 8000 rpms and every component felt it. The 13/14 GT 500 has 510 lb torque between 2000 to 5500. It will rev to over 7000 rpm. Most people have never driven a last year GT500. Price had a lot to do with it $65K for a loaded SVT pack/ track pack with leather Recaro's and electronic package + ADM. Oh I almost forgot 202 mph right off the showroom floor in ideal conditions .......

Remember this is a 13/14 GT 500 forum......2013 was the last great Shelby Mustang that Carroll Sheby drove and signed off on.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2k904HhiSU click on and see for yourself. I Didn't pay $65 K either but rather $45K for a 2014 loaded 3000 mile one owner car with all the options except a stupid moon roof. I bought a 350 16 tech pack car for MSRP sold that ( limp mode issues ) and got a 16 350 track pack used with 500 miles on her for $56 K. Traded and got my $56 back. I did a shake down long term test on both 350's and was not impressed. Niether was Multimatic racing team and they have gone back to the CPC crank 5.2 engine for 2017 conti race series. The Shelby GT 350R-C was allowed to race for the 2017 but they chose not to. Durability problems prevented FP from selling a race prep version. The new 5.2 sounded just amazing @ Daytona. There will be a lot of GT4 mustangs running around the race circuits over the next few years. The voodoo was put out to the pasture.

Now on to the next 500 maybe.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Well said Mach !! I have zero experience on a road course and haven't driven a 350 at all but how good does a car need to handle on the street? My 14 500 feels like it's on rails on a twisty road. I have driven my cousins 13 BOSS and couldn't tell a bit of difference between it and my 500 on the street. I suspect you would have to have laptop hooked up to test G's or whatever the measurement is to tell the difference and prove a 350 is the better at handling, which I am sure it is if that's what you are after. Don't get me wrong I would love to have a 350 parked in the garage too but wouldn't trade my 500 off to make it happen.

Maybe not for you, but it is for me! Everyone has their own tastes:-) People with back issues may not be able to take the left/right jarring of a road course, hence, gimme the straight line power! Different strokes for different folks!

I'll also take a 13/14 GT500 over a GT350.

The 13/14 Shelby GT 500 can handle a road course better then most people realize. With electric adjustable dampers and all three coolers for the engine ,trans and diff. The car was set up by SVT to carve some great corners. The 662 hp would pull very hard out of the corners. Look up the times. Lighting laps the LS Boss 302 ran a 3:02 compared to a 3:00 for the 13 Shelby GT 500 . Put Michelin cup 2 tires on one and it's faster then a non R 350. On the street there is no comparison. 11.5 1/4 mile vs a 12.6 1/4 mile and 3.5 vs 4.2 to 60 ...350 track pack. That's one reason I sold my 16 track 350 it was kind of a dog. I didn't want to mess with the oil line recall either. No power below 4000 rpm. Sure it would rev above 8000 rpms and every component felt it. The 13/14 GT 500 has 510 lb torque between 2000 to 5500. It will rev to over 7000 rpm. Most people have never driven a last year GT500. Price had a lot to do with it $65K for a loaded SVT pack/ track pack with leather Recaro's and electronic package + ADM. Oh I almost forgot 202 mph right off the showroom floor in ideal conditions .......

Remember this is a 13/14 GT 500 forum......2013 was the last great Shelby Mustang that Carroll Sheby drove and signed off on.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2k904HhiSU click on and see for yourself. I Didn't pay $65 K either but rather $45K for a 2014 loaded 3000 mile one owner car with all the options except a stupid moon roof. I bought a 350 16 tech pack car for MSRP sold that ( limp mode issues ) and got a 16 350 track pack used with 500 miles on her for $56 K. Traded and got my $56 back. I did a shake down long term test on both 350's and was not impressed. Niether was Multimatic racing team and they have gone back to the CPC crank 5.2 engine for 2017 conti race series. The Shelby GT 350R-C was allowed to race for the 2017 but they chose not to. Durability problems prevented FP from selling a race prep version. The new 5.2 sounded just amazing @ Daytona. There will be a lot of GT4 mustangs running around the race circuits over the next few years. The voodoo was put out to the pasture.

Now on to the next 500 maybe.

Great post!

I personally hope they don't design another GT500 for quite some time. I wouldn't want to see it on the current chassis, sorry I'm not a fan of the current look. I would rather see a Mach 1 come back for a while. It's hard to say though, with SVT getting merged into Ford Perfomance who knows what Ford will do. I think SVT knowing 13/14 GT500's were going to be there last run before meeting, sent the 500 out with a bang. Now FP will have to put up a top dog with hopefully a Mach 1 to challenge Dodge & GM. Just my .02.

Adam C ...Wow that looks amazing. Still have those goodyears ? Why I ask because mine would never hook up in 2 or 3 gear in 70 degree weather. I like the idea of a mach 1 also. They haven't done one since a long time like 1977 and that had I think 140hp. No really !!!! Sorry no King Cobras are needed.

My favorite mach 1 was the 70 wouldn't you know.

Back in 1984 66 Shelby GT 350 . 70 mach 1 front but a real boss 302 and a 70 Shelby GT 500. Small garage back then.

post-9597-0-14112800-1487880832_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

Fronts are still 7/32s, rears 5/32's...I wasn't planning on driving during the winter, but haven't had much of one this year, high of 80 tomorrow, crazy. I am actually eyeing the Firestone Firehawk Indy500's when I do change or Nitto's, just haven't gotten to point to change yet. And I have found very little Shelby info for those Indy 500 tires even though they make the staggered set. But yeah they spin like crazy unless the roads are 100 degrees.

I put Michelin pilot super sports on. 275 front and 295 rear and no more rear end going sideways in second gear. Kaufman tire had them for $1236 out the door last week. I read a lot of good things about this combo. I'm pleased with the MPSS and the goodyears even with 5/32" were dangerous as hell. If you drive the GYs below freezing the sidewalks could crack....many have.

Edited by mach 1 1970

couple of us have our DIB 2014 gt500 for sale and nothing.Ive had mine on Auto Trader,and its gotten 10,000 search hits, 500 looked at my ad, but no one has picked up my phone number or email.Weird.Ive sold many cars on AT,this is a first.Im figuring maybe folks cant come up with over 50k,without financing.I sold my wifes vette in 2 wwks,so im good,but id like to trade down to a GT vert,AT car,and maybe live a little longer--this car is a beast

couple of us have our DIB 2014 gt500 for sale and nothing.Ive had mine on Auto Trader,and its gotten 10,000 search hits, 500 looked at my ad, but no one has picked up my phone number or email.Weird.Ive sold many cars on AT,this is a first.Im figuring maybe folks cant come up with over 50k,without financing.I sold my wifes vette in 2 wwks,so im good,but id like to trade down to a GT vert,AT car,and maybe live a little longer--this car is a beast

I think you hit it on the head, and that may be why the younger generation is not so fast to pick these up. It's far easier to bury oneself in debt if they can finance! lol Once its used, the interest rates rise as well! Ill pick one up at some point, but no way I would finance one, nor buy a "new" toy. Of course this is JMO