TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Value Of 2013 & 2014 Gt500's

denohew

Saving the car for resale value is like saying im not going to have sleep with my girlfriend to save her for the next guy.Dude drive your car its a remarkable machine and the last input by Carol Shelby himself on this ride. Keep the car they won't come around anymore!!

They will continue to depreciate like all used cars. That's fine with me since I'm in the market for one. Check out what they are currently going for. There's great deals out there. I just haven't found the right one yet near me.

Edited by Captain Beyond

I still think the 2013 & 2014 with the 5.8L 662hp will hold their value and believe there price will go up in time, how long? Well that will be determined by what you have had Shelby done on your Mustang. I walked into the show room and fell in love with mine, I found a salesman put some cash down came back in a couple days later and bought it. I took it for a test drive and we started talking about Shelby options and he knew a salesman down there so we called them. To make a long story shorter I decided to get the Super Snake option with all the suspension options and Kenny Bell blower with 850hp. Since I was doing all that I had them do the wide body option and made arrangements for transport and it came back to the dealership one year later with Shelby registration number 14SS0081 which stands for 2014 SuperSnake and 81st SuperSnake built in 2014. Now that will had more value to your ride.

The 13/14 was the last Shelby that Carroll Shelby signed off on @ the race track. He drove it and said this about it . "I'm really proud to have my name on this car that you guys [ ford SVT team ] have put together working with my dreams of what I think a car should be. And you made it that and more." This was back in 2012 @ Sebring race track. SVT had the GT500 durability test car @ Sebring. SVT engineered the 13/14 GT500 to run 200 mph......

Edited by mach 1 1970

Millennials have significantly less interest in cars then generations before them, it is all supply/demand. Supply is high and I see demand going down as years go on. I don't see any repeat of today's Auctions 20 years from now. A WRX or EVO might go up, but I don't see muscle cars with the amount selling today doing so.

Just my 2 cents. Go to a car show, 90% of muscle car owners are older. The younger generation is WRX, EVO, GTR, and such.

Time will tell

That story about millennials might be false. I've read other stories that contradicts that. The crowd @ the Rolex 24 had a ton of young people in the infield. The displays that the car companies set up were flooded with millennials. Hope I'm right is all I can say. This year had more car companies then ever attending the Rolex 24 and the continental race series. I've been going over the past 5 years and this was the biggest crowd by far.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Millennials have significantly less interest in cars then generations before them, it is all supply/demand. Supply is high and I see demand going down as years go on. I don't see any repeat of today's Auctions 20 years from now. A WRX or EVO might go up, but I don't see muscle cars with the amount selling today doing so.

Just my 2 cents. Go to a car show, 90% of muscle car owners are older. The younger generation is WRX, EVO, GTR, and such.

Time will tell

Makes all the sense in the world. When my generation was the same age as millennials, we bought older American cars but most bought the lower-cost imports that had some type of performance image to them. This was during the time of the gas crisis and a lot of other social changes. Sure, we all wanted the hemi's and the Boss 429's, etc. but they were waaayyyy out of reach. Millennials today are looking at a future of self-driving vehicles, but the real question is how many will eventually be willing (and able) to buy their personal freedom to drive themselves and if they do so, they will want to make it worth their while. This car addresses that in a very big way.

Edited by fotontom

I lived during the worst period for performance cars 1973 - 1998. I got hooked on cars during the highschool days of the 60's. What are those people driving today that were in highschool during that 73-98 period ? I don't collect cars from the 60's anymore. The current crop Is just so good why bother. I sure hope the people in their 20's and 30's experience today's performance cars. Cars like the new NSX are just amazing vehicles. Little expensive for the 30 crowd but not the 40 and over. There just soooo much out there.

One more video that makes the 13/14 so special over all other 500's. This is why I bought a one owner 3K miles car that I feel is over engineered and will stand the test of time. Yes I will drive it as a toy not a DD. I think the 13/14 mustang is kind of like the 69/70 model. Ford hit a home run on design. The 15 not so much.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I still think the 2013 & 2014 with the 5.8L 662hp will hold their value and believe there price will go up in time, how long? Well that will be determined by what you have had Shelby done on your Mustang. I walked into the show room and fell in love with mine, I found a salesman put some cash down came back in a couple days later and bought it. I took it for a test drive and we started talking about Shelby options and he knew a salesman down there so we called them. To make a long story shorter I decided to get the Super Snake option with all the suspension options and Kenny Bell blower with 850hp. Since I was doing all that I had them do the wide body option and made arrangements for transport and it came back to the dealership one year later with Shelby registration number 14SS0081 which stands for 2014 SuperSnake and 81st SuperSnake built in 2014. Now that will had more value to your ride.

Yep that's one bad ass car for sure and a special one @ that. Keep and enjoy that baby.

Here are a few articles I found about it, decent reads, one claims the average Mustang buyer is over 50 years old, I read another that said the average age was 49. That is actually higher then I would've expected, I would've guessed 40 or so.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/baby-boomers-created-the-classic-car-marketand-could-crash-it-feature-car-collecting-wont-fade-away-page-2

http://m.metronews.ca/#/article/drive/2013/12/11/the-ford-mustang-getting-better-with-age.html

One more video that makes the 13/14 so special over all other 500's. This is why I bought a one owner 3K miles car that I feel is over engineered and will stand the test of time. Yes I will drive it as a toy not a DD. I think the 13/14 mustang is kind of like the 69/70 model. Ford hit a home run on design. The 15 not so much.

I agree. I think these are the best ones. I'm looking for a stock, low mileage grabber blue w/black stripes coupe with Recaros, PP and TP (no glass roof). I like your car. Did you get a good deal? Edited by Captain Beyond

I agree. I think these are the best ones. I'm looking for a stock, low mileage grabber blue w/black stripes coupe with Recaros, PP and TP (no glass roof). I like your car. Did you get a good deal?

I paid $45K which I feel is a little below average. This was 2 months ago. I've been looking for over a year.

Here are a few articles I found about it, decent reads, one claims the average Mustang buyer is over 50 years old, I read another that said the average age was 49. That is actually higher then I would've expected, I would've guessed 40 or so.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/baby-boomers-created-the-classic-car-marketand-could-crash-it-feature-car-collecting-wont-fade-away-page-2

http://m.metronews.ca/#/article/drive/2013/12/11/the-ford-mustang-getting-better-with-age.html

I think when you get into the 13/14 500 you are in corvette territory price wise. Plus a lot of insurance co's don't like the 662 hp. Clean driving record or forget it. So I imagine the average age is even higher for the 13/14 500.

$45K is a great deal, Congrats!!!! You should be able to drive it a few years and not lose much value.

Thanks ..... just a great car SVT made for us car nuts.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Thanks ..... just a great car SVT made for us car nuts. New topic somewhat .. The auction houses have over the years helped drive prices up on 60's/70's collector cars. My observation are more more people are doing a poor job on restoring these cars for a quick buck. There's a lot rust buckets that look great but aren't. IMO there is a bubble again in this market. Look @ companies like Streetside classics and their inventory. Slim picking for sure for quality restorations. But they are asking show quality prices for less then driver class cars. Everyone is trying to get into a hobby and turn it into a business. Hobbies are poor business models if you want a profit. I would not touch a 60/70 car today.

Good buy at 45K in my opinion. Keep in mind that all these Shelbys since the 2007s have really held value well when compared to other new vehicles. Some new cars are losing 50% of their full sticker value in 3 years or less!

I have to say, that was one impressive video and I'm almost ready to trade my '09 KR after seeing that!! I say "almost" though as I really love the uniqueness of my KR and with only 236 Black on Black's floating around, I feel I do have a bit of a gem. FWIW, I DO drive it and not only get a thrill from the power but an even bigger thrill by the looks and "thumb's up" I get nearly every time out. Priceless.

And regarding the value of any car (anyTHING), let's not forget, something is really worth whatever someone will pay for it! Find a person with a seven figure income for example who's a bit impatient and yearning for something you own and you may end up with an offer FAR above the "market value."

Exactly!

Everything depends on what one is willing to pay to afford one's dream. . . I also think that the 2013/2014 will hold good value see will take because these are the latest Caroll Shelby.

We in France pay them minimum 35% more because of taxes and homologation plus commission of the importer which gives us an average of 75 000 Euros without the gray card. . . And with us what keeps them.

The one I offer will cost me a little more but 1st hand and belonging to a person I know and who is very meticulous. I do not hesitate for a second and I think I will not lose money seeing I will gain a little but no one can engage on the subject.

The typical example, a Porsche 964 Turbo from 1993, 5 years ago was worth 50 000 Euros now they are sold minimum 150 000 Euros see more. . .

The Shelby GT500 will not take the same path I think but so perfectly maintained and perfect aesthetically who knows?

I am surprised that the new BOSS 302 seems to be depreciating at a faster rate than the 13/14 500. I saw a black 13 LS recently with a little over 1000 miles priced at 44K. I guess the new GT350 is to blame but the 350 doesn't seem to be hurting the 13/14 500 values as bad.

I am surprised that the new BOSS 302 seems to be depreciating at a faster rate than the 13/14 500. I saw a black 13 LS recently with a little over 1000 miles priced at 44K. I guess the new GT350 is to blame but the 350 doesn't seem to be hurting the 13/14 500 values as bad.

I think many B302 owners traded their cars in when the GT350 came out. Both cars suit the same purpose, but only one of them is a Shelby. I know a personal friend who did this and really took it in the rear when he traded his BOSS 302 LS with almost no miles.

If this article is true and not fake news this could be the death knell for the 13/14 values. In the 6th paragraph it claims there is a new 7 liter Ford engine coming. Maybe for a new GT500... 50th Anniversary BOSS 429... or both.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/ford-agrees-to-invest-613-million-in-windsor-plant-as-part-of-new-labour-agreement/article32692218/

Edited by blk12svt

If this article is true and not fake news this could be the death knell for the 13/14 values. In the 6th paragraph it claims there is a new 7 liter Ford engine coming. Maybe for a new GT500... 50th Anniversary BOSS 429... or both.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/ford-agrees-to-invest-613-million-in-windsor-plant-as-part-of-new-labour-agreement/article32692218/

My guess is the 7 litre engine will likely be seen only in the truck market since it's purpose is to replace the current 6.5 L V10. It would be cool to see a new 427 CID Ford Mustang/ Shelby though (:

Edited by ITHERTZ66

I was wondering if it could be a truck engine. I hope you are right, but with the diesel and the 6.2 gas they have now for the 250, a 7 liter truck engine would seem unneeded, however, I didn't know they were still making a V10. I recently traded off a 2014 F250 with a 6.2 gas for a 17 Expedition. That 6.2 had plenty of steam pulling my 20' enclosed trailer. I don't know but a 7 liter truck engine would seem to cut into the diesel market and I would be surprised to see Ford do that. I remember reading a comment by someone a couple of years ago, that was supposedly in the know at SVT, that a new version of the BOSS 429 was in the works. Time will tell I guess. Our new Expedition has the V6 Ecoboost. I couldn't believe how powerful that thing is. Seems way quicker than the 6.2 I had in my 250.

The Boss 302 didn't sell well, they had rebates to get rid of them, so judging resale off MSRP isn't accurate for many buyers.

That said the GT350 competes with the Boss so it makes sense that it is depreciating more then the GT500, Ford has not put a car out that is an upgrade to the GT500 yet.