TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Value Of 2013 & 2014 Gt500's

denohew

Robert M at the time I picked mind up at Shelby the 1000 hp was not available for California because of the dam emissions, of course that was in 2014. Rod S

I guess it would come down to the "Battle of the Titans" with the 1000HP optioned Super Snake.............

007_zpskxyvvmri.jpg

001_zps30hch6ez.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^The HP output of a 2013/14 GT500, plus a 2015 5.0 together minus a few HP!!!! The "Top Tier"............for now...........

As listed above, this option is for all of the S197 GT500's 2007-2014.

............................and I think (but am not positive) that there has been some mention of 1100HP and 1200HP Super Snakes optioned from Shelby..............don't quote me on that. I have only seen 1000HP documentation as shown above.

R

Sweet

Sorta getting off topic. We were talking about the value of the '13 to '14 GT500. Yes you can go and buy many post production cars that has the same numbers, but most lose 25-50% after a few years.

If the past is any indication then the top tier cars sold at the dealer are the most desirable. The money cars are 302-429 bosses, 428 CJ Mach 1 etc....If history is to repeat itself, then I think the '13-'14 has the right formula to sustain it's value.

Sorta getting off topic. We were talking about the value of the '13 to '14 GT500. Yes you can go and buy many post production cars that has the same numbers, but most lose 25-50% after a few years.

If the past is any indication then the top tier cars sold at the dealer are the most desirable. The money cars are 302-429 bosses, 428 CJ Mach 1 etc....If history is to repeat itself, then I think the '13-'14 has the right formula to sustain it's value.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I agree with this, and I believe they will.

**Edit**..............I made the above statement(s), but then after I thought about it further, I think "Shelby" (or Shelby's) were also around during the time of the cars you have mentioned above, but the Shelby nameplate on the Mustangs of that era opens up that whole 1965/66, 1967/68 and 1969/70 thing again. Once that "Shelby" nameplate is on the car, then the door opens to the "next level" which brings Las Vegas into the picture.

I think the SVT Cobra's, the R's, the well optioned Mustang GT's and the newer BOSS 302's will be there somewhere also, but once the Shelby nameplate is "also" attached to a Mustang, the future buyers direction "could" change because the options and performance levels are so vast in "Shelby World".

To me, it is hard to put the Shelby Mustangs into the BOSS, CJ and Mach 1 world. Shelby's have always seemed to stand alone, Ford assy. line or Shelby assy. line.................and yes, they hold their value too.

I guess in todays world, the line gets blurred because there are no non-Shelby Mustangs from the Ford assy. line that equal the performance/power of the Ford assy, line Shelby. <<And this puts the Shelby GT500 as "Top Tier" for every production year that is was made, and the 2013/14 landing at the top.

R

Edited by Robert M

i don't know about that. if history repeats itself, the Shelby modded cars will bring more of a premium than the Ford factory only cars. with a CSM, that is in essence a new VIN and new standard by which to judge if a car is "factory" or not. i also think this split between those who believe a Ford factory only car does or doesn't have the same pedigree as a Shelby American car will ever go away. some will side one way and some will side the other, but it's clear from history that the Shelby American cars command the highest premiums in the classic car market. not saying the future will exactly replicate the past, given the cars are different now, but i certainly wouldn't use the "if history repeats itself" argument to backup the '13/14 GT500 as the top dog. the '65-68 cars are the most desirable in the market place, compared to the '69+ Shelby Mustangs. so there's that.

Edited by 2007red40thGT500

i don't know about that. if history repeats itself, the Shelby modded cars will bring more of a premium than the Ford factory only cars. with a CSM, that is in essence a new VIN and new standard by which to judge if a car is "factory" or not. i also think this split between those who believe a Ford factory only car does or doesn't have the same pedigree as a Shelby American car will ever go away. some will side one way and some will side the other, but it's clear from history that the Shelby American cars command the highest premiums in the classic car market. not saying the future will exactly replicate the past, given the cars are different now, but i certainly wouldn't use the "if history repeats itself" argument to backup the '13/14 GT500 as the top dog. the '65-68 cars are the most desirable in the market place, compared to the '69+ Shelby Mustangs. so there's that.

If you look at the topic it doesn't ask which cars have more value. The topic is "Value of 2013 2014 gt500s". I stated that these cars have the right formula to keep their value. I didn't state they will gain or become more valuable. I've seen a few '13-14 Super Snakes with over $120,000 invested being sold for $90k(75% retained value) where Ford built '13-14 still selling for over $50k(85-90% retained value) so your theory doesn't hold water. It seems you like to come in here ato derail and muddy the waters that I think your just trolling.

I think we can settle this discussion right here and all agree that the 1994 mustang 5.0 was and always will be the most valuable mustang ever made. You can't argue with 270 HP fellas.

Which reminds me I should probably go start it sometime this winter. :whistling:

image_zpscyb7el2a.jpeg

:hide:

• 1 month later...

Let's see if we can understand this statement !! I think we can settle this discussion right here and all agree that the 1994 mustang 5.0 was and always will be the most valuable mustang ever made. Why is this the most valuable? I wouldn't trade my Mustang for it I'm not saying the 1994 is not valuable, but isn't this decided by the buyer?

I don't care what the value of my 2014 will be. I just enjoy going to an occasional track day and ripping around San Diego being a general nuisance to society. It will be interesting to see how the values shake out as they don't seem to fit perfectly with all the rest of the Shelby's or Shelby Mustangs.

• 3 months later...

Any thoughts on the value of these monsters in, let's say 10 years? With low mileage. Seeing as how the original Shelby's with the big monster 428's and 429's are going for the big bucks, doesn't anyone agree with me that the 2013 and 2014 with the big ( 662 HP ) blower factory motors ( which in my opinion ) we will never see again, with the desired live axle ( which we will NEVER see again ) that true drag/horsepower people love will stop depreciating and start appreciating? I mean the Ford GT is over double the price now and even though it is apples to oranges, at some point the fruit ( in my opinion ) will start to meld. Lots of these cars have high milage now and who knows how many are totaled since they are quite a handful to keep it a straight line. Just a thought. denohew

Sorry, but no newer model Shelby will ever be worth what the vintage ones are worth because of one fact, they're older and that will never change

Based on how much the 13-14 even 10-12 GT500's are selling for right now since the new GT350's came out, the newer GT350 Shelby will have more value then the 13-14 even with the 662hp 5.8 in the long run. Why? What am I basing this on? The 2015-2017 GT350 is just a far superior car in every way and Ford will end up building a lot less GT350's then the GT500's.

I am a huge fan of the 5.8 engine and its a huge shame they didn't develop it further, but it'll never scream to 8,200 rpm's like the 5.2 and more people want the car to do everything and just not go straight. The 12-14 Boss 302's might still be the best Mustang ever built but the GT350 with the IRS and Magne-ride suspension is the key and is why these new ones even kick the crap out of the M3

I look at it like this, you want an investment buy a vintage Shelby, but if you want to have fun buy a late model Shelby and hard not to want the 5.8 662hp beast

Let's see if we can understand this statement !! I think we can settle this discussion right here and all agree that the 1994 mustang 5.0 was and always will be the most valuable mustang ever made. Why is this the most valuable? I wouldn't trade my Mustang for it I'm not saying the 1994 is not valuable, but isn't this decided by the buyer?

WTF 1994? You might have meant the 1987 5.0? And NO, when Ford replaced the 260 V8 with the 289 V8 that is still #1 on the list

I have a '66 GT350 and a '11 GT350 and have them to drive. Vintage cars cost a bundle to maintain and keep restoring if the owner wants to keep the values up. But then you add up the use, maintenance and repairs over the years and it can be a wash. Store them away? Heck, no. As the Model A guys say, the wheels are round so you can drive 'em. The garage is just a place to let them sleep. Values and investments? That's what stocks and real estate are for. I leave my speculation to whether I make all the green lights on the boulevard. :cool:

• 6 months later...

I owned a 16 350 and now drive a 14 500. The 500 is just a more fun car to drive IMO. Used 16 350's are already dropping in value and will continue. I sold it 7 months ago and it's dropped $7K since. Paid MSRP and was lucky. I think the 13/14 500 will hit its bottom soon. I paid $46K PP/TP/electronics and Recaros. 3K miles. One owner car and we shall see.

I agree 100% there. I have driven a lot of Shelbys since I have daily contact with Ford dealers. Also driven a 350 R at Pocono this summer. The new GT350 is an awesome car, an even better track car. It stuck to the track at Pocono like there was glue all around the track , BUT, I could not get the amazing torque and that supercharger whine sound from my 13Shelby out of my head. I guess if your looking for the last of the "bad ass" mustangs with the big block and insane power, buy a 13/14 GT500. If your a track person the new mustangs are amazing, if you want to blow someones doors off at a light stop 13/14 GT500..... I'll stick with the latter !! And for around $1,500 you can get your 13/14 Shelby at 750 hp, pretty good bang for the buck there. Either way you go, your still driving a mustang !

Edited by jimmym

I owned a 16 350 and now drive a 14 500. The 500 is just a more fun car to drive IMO. Used 16 350's are already dropping in value and will continue. I sold it 7 months ago and it's dropped $7K since. Paid MSRP and was lucky. I think the 13/14 500 will hit its bottom soon. I paid $46K PP/TP/electronics and Recaros. 3K miles. One owner car and we shall see.

Congrats! Did you get black on black?

:thumbsup:

Keep in mind that the total production of the Ford GT500 was over 47,000 units (2007-2014) and the Ford GT production was a little over 4000 units during its short years. The GT has more exotic car glamor demand even though there is more HP out of the 13-14 GT500. The earlier model GT500 is dropping well below the original MSRP. However, the 13-14 years are still doing better because of the refinement in power, drivetrain and suspension. Bottom line is to enjoy the ride until you find something better that gets you excited. The Boss cars were holding a good value until the new GT350 came out. Now there is a glut of Boss ponies on the market and prices are dropping.

I have noticed quite a few of the new Boss 302's For Sale and want to say why these are great Mustangs! If they had more HP they can easily keep up with the GT350's so let the prices drop on the Bosses I will grab one at those prices

Why did you already sell your 2016 GT350?

My 2 cents is the 13/14 will certainly be the highest resale of the 2007-2014 run, but the New Mustang is significantly better in so many ways as soon as they come out with one with the power of the 13/14 the values of all Solid Axle cars will go down.

The handling is significantly better and the interior in my opinion is light years better. The tech is better, I can't think of much besides power that isn't better. When they get that power out of the 5.0, and we all know they can, it will be game over. The weight difference combined with the IRS puts the car in a different league.

Why did you already sell your 2016 GT350?

The answer is lack of low end torque. When I saw that ford performance is not using the voodoo engine in their 2017 mustang GT4. They are going back to the CPC crank. Vibration durability problems in the race voodoo and can't sell race cars to the public with these issues. The jury is out on future issues with the voodoo engine vibration problems as.

So I got a black on black with black stripes GT500. The thing hauls ass.

Edited by mach 1 1970

The answer is lack of torque low end. When I saw that ford performance is not using the voodoo engine in their 2017 mustang GT4. They are going back to the CPC crank. Vibration durability problems in the race voodoo and can't sell race cars to the public with these issues. The jury is out on future issues with the voodoo engine vibration problems.

Black on black with black stripes. The thing hauls ass.

Voodoo was a PR hype. It sure does sound sweet. But everyone knows that FPC balancing gets exponentially more difficult with more displacement (and more power), it was expected this was built on the old-style engineering method: Find out where it breaks and then back down to the last step. There isn't much margin in the power plant, and this explains Ford's lack of any power boosting superchargers and other things. Add the numerous external counterbalancing tricks and you see why there is no crate version. It sure came in with a lot of hoopla, but the Voodoo will die with hardly a whimper.

If balancing problems are starting to surface with the flat plane crank, I really hate to hear this as I know a few guys on the BOSS forum that have 350's and my cousin is looking for one now. Given the fact that they turn those things 8200 it only stands to reason that even the slightest balance problem is going to be amplified at 8200. Can it be fixed or is the solution a 7200 redline? If it's the later, there goes your hp and it's likely down in the 12/13 BOSS hp range which still isn't a bad place to be but it's not 526.

I guess the only upside to this is 13/14 500 cars are only going to be worth more in my opinion.

Edited by blk12svt

If balancing problems are starting to surface with the flat plane crank, I really hate to hear this as I know a few guys on the BOSS forum that have 350's and my cousin is looking for one now. Given the fact that they turn those things 8200 it only stands to reason that even the slightest balance problem is going to be amplified at 8200. Can it be fixed or is the solution a 7200 redline? If it's the later, there goes your hp and it's likely down in the 12/13 BOSS hp range which still isn't a bad place to be but it's not 526.

I guess the only upside to this is 13/14 500 cars are only going to be worth more in my opinion.

Existing unmodified cars are not at issue. I didn't say that the cars that have shipped have engine balance problems, only that the environment that they live in is finely "balanced" (pun intended) and fragile. Current cars are OK. But we sure haven't heard much from all those guys that were claiming to make superchargers. Someone else go first.