TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One Of One Shelby

denohew

Oh, ok..................I guess I thought (as others did), that you were saying "Ford" built this 2013 GB/Red stripe GT500 combination and it is one of one. I see your link above and you did it. Cool!!

Now that fits what I was thinking, stripe delete............somewhat plain (as plain as it can be for a 2013 GT500?) and you wanted to customize the look to your liking. Nice!!

I was right there with you wasn't I ?!?!? Always sniffing for the facts and "The Rest of the Story"............ LOL!!

R

Edited by Robert M

Robert M I was trying to pull one over on you guys and you were one step ahead of me. Anyway thanks for not reaching thru your WiFi and strangling me! Did one in '11 too when I believe you could only get the fat red stripes and that meant no performance pkg.

http://s9.postimg.org/n02yjh68v/post_25955_061554900_1291347075.jpg

http://postimg.org/image/9j600lvx7/

denohew

Edited by denohew

Robert M I was trying to pull one over on you guys and you were one step ahead of me. Anyway thanks for not reaching thru your WiFi and strangling me! denohew

That was fun............and your car looks Cool!!! :clapping:

R

Edited by Robert M

Thanks,It has been it storage for a year along with the DIB one. Pulled them out washed them and almost forgot how much fun and crazy they are to drive! They love this South Texas cool air. Always hated the stock tires but never got around to changing them. Back when I wanted to change them there were no other choices in the same size. They will kill you in the cold with the TC off. I still cannot believe Ford made these BEASTS and take care of them because they are the BOSS 429's of the future! Oh, I have a Lambo Huracan on it's way. It was ordered back in October and they just put it on the boat yesterday. denohew

Edited by denohew

Thanks,It has been it storage for a year along with the DIB one. Pulled them out washed them and almost forgot how much fun and crazy they are to drive! They love this South Texas cool air. Always hated the stock tires but never got around to changing them. Back when I wanted to change them there were no other choices in the same size. They will kill you in the cold with the TC off. I still cannot believe Ford made these BEASTS and take care of them because they are the BOSS 429's of the future! denohew

Another car that is a handful is a 725 or 750 Super Snake with the 275 Pirelli's on the rear that Shelby installed after taking off the larger 285's that were originally installed by Ford on the car..........Fun, Fun, Fun!!

R

Edited by Robert M

You know I have to say that my brother has two SS's. One 2012 and a 2014. 850 hp. I will never ever say the build quality from Shelby is great by any means! Just saying. denohew

Things must have changed since late 2008 (early 2009). I have no complaints about mine, even the fiber glass hood fits well and the finish, even on the bottom, (Torch Red with Clear coat reflecting everything under the hood) is show quality.

I guess a Great question would be.................If the fit and finish was "that bad".............why would he have bought a second Super Snake? 850 horse can be had for a lot cheaper than spending an additional $40K + or -.

I can say that fit and finish issues have been claimed over the years (decades) for the 1965-1967 Shelby GT350's and GT500's also, that were "Shelby built"..................and they command some BIGGGG $$$ today. Some say this is because the Shelby Shop actually had their hands on those "Shelby Mustangs"? IDK? For the earlier GT500 comparison...............in the 1967 and 1968 GT500, to a "car guy" what is more impressive? a 360HP 428 with dual quads as produced by Shelby in 1967? or a 335HP single quad 428 produced by Ford 1968-1970? of course more HP is always a "ding, ding, ding" with car guys, and throw 2 four barrels on also.............over the top. It kind of trumps fitment issues.

R

Edited by Robert M