TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One Of One Shelby

denohew

I have been on this forum for awhile now and it just dawned on me that I have never posted a pic! This is a 2013 one of one. 4,000 miles. Only option not on it are Recaro's because Ford would not install them in this particular order. But hey the only Superman made in 13. The one in the background is a loaded 14 with 100 miles! . denohewpost-25955-0-76974100-1454540093_thumb.jpg

According to the 2013 GT500 order PDF, red accents weren't an available order option with Grabber Blue.

According to the SVT 2013 GT500 production number spread sheet, Ford built no Grabber Blue coupes with Colorado Red Stripes.

According to the SVT 2013 GT500 production number spread sheet, there were 159 Grabber Blue coupes built with Black accent Recaro seats, & 53 Grabber Blue coupes with White accent Recaro seats.

Edited by 1 Alibi 2

According to the 2013 GT500 order PDF, red accents weren't an available order option with Grabber Blue.

According to the SVT 2013 GT500 production number spread sheet, Ford built no Grabber Blue coupes with Colorado Red Stripes.

According to the SVT 2013 GT500 production number spread sheet, there were 159 Grabber Blue coupes built with Black accent Recaro seats, & 53 Grabber Blue coupes with White accent Recaro seats

A picture of the original windows sticker would be nice to see for a car like this. It will show the body color and stripe info. to verify this unique combination.

R

Edited by Robert M

This is how the 13 came. Mac Haik Ford in Texas. They know Ford exec's. denohew
Trying to post more pics but I keep getting denied! ??

As mentioned in post 5, a pic of the window sticker would show the stripe color, both of mine do.

Another indicator of how the factory built it are the seats, a red stripe car will have red stripe seats................what color are the seats. ( can't tell from the pic )

Are you the 1st owner ?

Are the grille & fender snakes " factory " also ?

" They know Ford exec's. ".......................won't change how the factory build the cars.

As mentioned in post 5, a pic of the window sticker would show the stripe color, both of mine do.

Another indicator of how the factory built it are the seats, a red stripe car will have red stripe seats................what color are the seats. ( can't tell from the pic )

Are you the 1st owner ?

Are the grille & fender snakes " factory " also ?

" They know Ford exec's. ".......................won't change how the factory build the cars.

+1. Without a window sticker, this is little more than a cool story.

Data provided by Ford Performance lists the following "1 of 1" 13/14 MY GT500s:

- a 13 MY SGM / White Convertible with Standard Seats

- a 13 MY DIB / Red Convertible with Standard Seats

- a 13 MY SGM / Red Convertible with Recaro Seats

- a 13 MY GB / Stripe Delete Convertible

- a 14 MY GHIG Convertible
- a 14 MY RR / Blue Convertible with Recaro Seats*
- a 14 MY OW Convertible with Smoker's Package**
- a 14 MY RR Convertible exported to Mexico*
- a 14 MY OW Convertible that was exported**
*Data from Ford Performance lacks detail to confirm whether these are the same or different cars.
**Data from Ford Performance lacks detail to confirm whether these are the same or different cars.

My car is 1 of 22 I believe, it's DIB and red stripes. Not my first choice but I wanted a blue Shelby.

According to Ford Performance, you are correct if your car came equipped with Recaros. (There were 9 additional DIB/Red Coupes built with Standard Seats, along with a total of 6 similarly colored Convertibles.)

Edited by Norton

My car is 1 of 22 I believe, it's DIB and red stripes. Not my first choice but I wanted a blue Shelby.

I have one of those too, a 14 with 100 miles on it. Saving it for later! This one has the Recaro's, and every option except glass roof. . denohew

http://picpaste.com/IMG_1131-mZ4xWAKJ.jpg

Edited by denohew

I have one of those too, a 14 with 100 miles on it. Saving it for later! This one has the Recaro's, and every option except glass roof. . denohew

http://picpaste.com/IMG_1131-mZ4xWAKJ.jpg

right on, I kinda wish I hadn't modded mine so much, I kinda feel like I destroyed the value of the car.

Yup. They wouldn't go to expense of changing out the inserts. It could be dyed but itd show.must be real. Wow

But, there are many Shelby auctions recently on eBay that offer the GT500 take-off interior seat covers for the owners who are choosing the Super Snake upgrade interior option, so I would not count that out either. The GT500 leather seat covers (all varieties) are wayyyy to common on eBay through Shelby Auctions and have been for the last few years, 2013/14 most recently. These leather interior GT500 covers are easily bought for less than $1000 for the complete set front and rear, so if someone "really" wanted to make it "Red Stripe", it would not be hard, or that expensive.

As was also mentioned above in post #13, I looked for the Red snakes on other Red Striped 2014 GT500's as searched in Google, and in "images" of those 2014's with Red Stripes, I did not see any that had Red snakes as was the case with the earlier cars with the Red Stripe option, but this 2014 has Red snakes??

The window sticker will tell all.................

R

Edited by Robert M

It also had red inserts in the S-H-E-L-B-Y lettering on the back of the car. The fake gas cap in back does not have a red snake. All the other red snake emblems are the exact same size as my other Shelby. This Grabber/ Red car was ordered by me and is an early 13 year model. 20th anniversary on door sills. denohew

Edited by denohew

Also, if the factory window sticker is unavailable, the drivers door jamb sticker will tell the story. Below is my 2008 GT500.

001_zpsvmu9fw19.jpg

The D3 Torch Red Exterior Color in the upper left, the GR Black/Red Interior Color Option is shown below the D3 Exterior Color and the Stripe Option E is shown below "TR" to the right of "AXLE" which is the Exterior Trim. Mine is a factory Torch Red - Black Striped car, "E" being Black Stripes.

denohew - Your car should have CI (Grabber Blue) in the area mine has D3. Your car should have 6D (Standard Seats) Red Accent in the area where I have GR. Then note #3 below is the indicator of exterior stripe color.

Please Note:

1. Convertible requires (CA) top code

2. Over-the-top & GT500® side stripes standard on coupe and convertible

3. Interior choice determines exterior stripe color

4. (46D) stripe delete requires (6X or QX) Interior

^^^^^^^^^^^So if there is no window sticker, this info. on the car door jamb tells the story.

To verify, this is where the information came from, related to the 2014 GT500.

http://www.mustangheaven.com/info/2014-Shelby-GT500-Order-Guide.pdf

R

Edited by Robert M

A ghig gt500 sold at Barrett for 500k

Think it was a 13 but not sure.had black stripes

Correct on the auction, but it was definitely a 2014 MY car. (As the story goes, it was one of the last ones in the production run.) Pics located here.

But, there are many Shelby auctions recently on eBay that offer the GT500 take-off interior seat covers for the owners who are choosing the Super Snake upgrade interior option, so I would not count that out either. The GT500 leather seat covers (all varieties) are wayyyy to common on eBay through Shelby Auctions and have been for the last few years, 2013/14 most recently. These leather interior GT500 covers are easily bought for less than $1000 for the complete set front and rear, so if someone "really" wanted to make it "Red Stripe", it would not be hard, or that expensive.

As was also mentioned above in post #13, I looked for the Red snakes on other Red Striped 2014 GT500's as searched in Google, and in "images" of those 2014's with Red Stripes, I did not see any that had Red snakes as was the case with the earlier cars with the Red Stripe option, but this 2014 has Red snakes??

The window sticker will tell all.................

+1 to ALL of this.

It also had red inserts in the S-H-E-L-B-Y lettering on the back of the car. The fake gas cap in back does not have a red snake. All the other red snake emblems are the exact same size as my other Shelby. This Grabber/ Red car was ordered by me and is an early 13 year model. 20th anniversary on door sills. denohew

That confirms it's been modified, whether by the dealer or someone else - factory badging was not color-coordinated to the stripes on these cars.

As indicated on page 24 of the 2013 Mustang Brochure, Grabber/Red was not an available combination to order, regardless of whether it was early or late in the production run.

Can anybody tell me how many Grabber Blue Stripe Delete cars were made for the 2013 MY?

According to Ford Performance, there were 18 GB / Stripe Delete GT500s produced in the 2013 MY - 17 Coupes and 1 Convertible.

Edited by Norton

Can anybody tell me how many Grabber Blue Stripe Delete cars were made for the 2013 MY?

According to the SVT 2013 MY spreadsheet, there were ( 17 ) Grabber blue coupes built without OTT/Rocker stripes.

Ford offered a " Red Stripe Edition " GT500 in 2007, 08, & 09.................part of this option was red exterior badging.

Would be interested in seeing a pic of your driver side door jamb sticker.

Edited by 1 Alibi 2

When you order a car, the dealer has you sign a VOC. ( vehicle order confirmation ) This sheet will list the:

Exterior color.

Seat color combination.

Stripe color.

While ordering my 14, I had the salesman input a ( 47D ) code, ( OTT delete ), and the system locked up. The computer wouldn't accept any code other than what the factory would build. To process an order, you have to play by Ford's rules.

I don't see how you could have ordered a car Ford wouldn't build ??

Sorry, I see it is a 2013, I misread.

That was going to be my other question...................Does this car show as "stripe delete" code on the door jamb sticker. <<This would be a ready canvas for a Red Stripe install.

R

Edited by Robert M

According to the SVT 2013 MY spreadsheet, there were ( 17 ) Grabber blue coupes built without OTT/Rocker stripes.

Ford offered a " Red Stripe Edition " GT500 in 2007, 08, & 09.................part of this option was red exterior badging.

Would be interested in seeing a pic of your driver side door jamb sticker.

I have # 27 of 128 Red Appearance Package on my 07 40th but Carroll wanted all 40th's to have silver stripes and took the red ones off .

IMG_1429.jpg