TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need ideas for a canopy for car shows

Shelbyville

Tried to find one for a Christmas present but everything I found that was quality would not fit in a Mustang trunk. Anybody have one that they like? A Shelby / GT500 / Mustang / Ford logo would be nice but not a requirement. The Shelby store used to have one, I think, but not anymore. A search of the forums didn't find anything. Any help would be much appreciated!

the 10x10 E-Z Ups are all the same. I had to lay my Passenger front seat all the way back and put the Tent in the Front Floor/Seat to take it to Shows. There are some that you have to put together that will fit in your Trunk but they are super cheap and will take time to put together and DON'T lose the instructions.

I bought a Coleman, it's not badged in Shelby or anything, but is a very nice canopy, it's large, easy to set up and has one side that can be used as an additional awning or a wall for sun or wind block, it's case has rollers on it, so it's pretty easy to move around, even has led lighting in the canopy.

Bad news....no way it will fit on the trunk, probably only in the back seat with the top down to get it in. But like I said, if you want to shade some real estate, this is perfect.

I don't have a convertible or folding rear seats so it is going to have to fit in the regular trunk. Most of the shows I go to are with the local Mustang club and are smaller shows. I plan on welding up some steel plates to fit around the legs and extend out far enough a car can park on them.

the 10x10 E-Z Ups are all the same. I had to lay my Passenger front seat all the way back and put the Tent in the Front Floor/Seat to take it to Shows. There are some that you have to put together that will fit in your Trunk but they are super cheap and will take time to put together and DON'T lose the instructions.

I bought one of these E-Z ups in the tan color, comes in a nice square shaped tube complete with rollers for pulling it along the parking lot, and it fits nicely in the trunk....

When we went to Carlisle we saw a portable shelter called a Sportbrella. Available on Amazon for 50.00 or so. Compact and will easily fit in our SGT.We bought one and used it at a few shows. It will keep the Sun off you and does offer protection from the elements. It does not take up alot of room,that was our main requirement.Overall pretty happy with it.We bought a black one to match the car.Hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Brella-X-Large-Umbrella-Steel-Blue/dp/B003DJ4FEM/ref=sr_1_2?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1454587603&sr=1-2&keywords=sportbrella

When we went to Carlisle we saw a portable shelter called a Sportbrella. Available on Amazon for 50.00 or so. Compact and will easily fit in our SGT.We bought one and used it at a few shows. It will keep the Sun off you and does offer protection from the elements. It does not take up alot of room,that was our main requirement.Overall pretty happy with it.We bought a black one to match the car.Hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Brella-X-Large-Umbrella-Steel-Blue/dp/B003DJ4FEM/ref=sr_1_2?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1454587603&sr=1-2&keywords=sportbrella

I like this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005LGV2PA?psc=1 It has a Floor made on to it so you can put your Chairs, Cooler and other thing on the Floor of it to help hold it down and in place when the wind picks up.

Archived