TEAM SHELBY FORUM

America, Meet Your New Sports-Car King

springer

The February 2016 issue of Car And Driver has an interesting comparison article between a GT350 with the track pack option vs a Corvette Z51. Included are track times, acceleration results, braking and personal observations. In the end, it sums up well - America, meet your new sports-car king....the Shelby GT350.

20160202_181205_zpswbnc731l.jpg

Edited by springer

• 1 month later...
Guest markham51

Nice! This bodes VERY WELL for the future of this generation as many of the GT350 advancements are sure to find their way into even more advanced and better performing cars down the road.

Excellent point Jeff. Now that Ford has engineered a true track monster, the experience they gain will undoubtedly translate into a better Mustang for everyone.

I'm old school and still believe that the definition of a sports car is a small two-seater with great handling and at least decent power and a convertible top.

Having said that I'm glad to see the Shelby GT350 beat the Vette. But I would define them as "Grand Touring" cars (which is of course what the GT acronym stands for).