TEAM SHELBY FORUM

On Craigslist for sale...

DaveWms

I don't know anything about this car, but thought someone might be interested in checking it out; It says Shelby package, not Shelby GT.

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/5421784693.html

How can you tell it's not a Shelby?

I don't think he's saying it's "not a Shelby" he's just quoting what the ad states.

If I'm correct back when these cars were introduced you could order a Mustang GT with the "Shelby Package" and it came with all the upgrades that Shelby added however it was not installed by Shelby American but dealer installed, and therefore it would not be a Shelby GT.

Operative wording highlighted in blue....

If I'm correct back when these cars were introduced you could order a Mustang GT with the "Shelby Package" and it came with all the upgrades that Shelby added however it was not installed by Shelby American but dealer installed, and therefore it would not be a Shelby GT.

Operative wording highlighted in blue....

No, there was no Shelby Package which matched a Shelby GT which a dealer could install. Only Shelby package available back at that point which could be assembled outside of Vegas was the Shelby CS6 and CS8, but they did not look like a Shelby GT.

I'm guessing that this might be a scam add. If not, somebody should go look at that car as it sure looks legit. Has the aftermarket Shelby grille, along with other added parts, but sure looks like the right base Shelby GT. Don't know where in east Texas it is. The phone number area code goes to Tampa, FL area, so I'm guessing that this is just your typical CL scam.

No, there was no Shelby Package which matched a Shelby GT which a dealer could install. Only Shelby package available back at that point which could be assembled outside of Vegas was the Shelby CS6 and CS8, but they did not look like a Shelby GT.

okay Thanks... I stand corrected. That's what happens when I put 2 and 2 together, I come up with 7.... :kookie:

Sure looks like a GT but Steve could check the VIN.

No VIN was listed but it was a scam ad. Listed in Texas with a Florida phone number that was connected to many scam ads.

I'm guessing it was the typical scam of, I'm in the military and have to sell quick which is why its priced so low. No you can't look at it because the military has it all crated up but they will ship it to you for free. We'll make the sale thru ebay's purchase program where you'll have 30 days to inspect the car before I get paid. Now all I need is your personal info so I can instruct you how to send me the money.

Steve

No VIN was listed but it was a scam ad. Listed in Texas with a Florida phone number that was connected to many scam ads.

I'm guessing it was the typical scam of, I'm in the military and have to sell quick which is why its priced so low. No you can't look at it because the military has it all crated up but they will ship it to you for free. We'll make the sale thru ebay's purchase program where you'll have 30 days to inspect the car before I get paid. Now all I need is your personal info so I can instruct you how to send me the money.

Steve

Damn.....you're scaring me Steve!

That's how I just bought #5671!!!

:hysterical2:

:hide:

Steve

Good to here from you Steve. I was concerned about you !

Steve,

Just registered #5671 this afternoon and ordered the Cert.

:rockon:

Chris,

I don't know if anyone commented on this or not, but 5671 seems like a pretty high CSM number. There can't be too many higher than that. Maybe Steve can chime in.