TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New here

Hi folks,

Since the news of the new GT350 coming a while back, I've been intrigued by the possibility of owning one. I had wanted a Boss 302 back when I purchased my 13' GT, but it wasn't in the cards. I sold my 13' GT this past Summer with the plan to order/purchase a GT350 middle/late 2016, a 2017 model. Having never ordered a new car, I'm here to get any information about this as well as any information from current GT350 owners. My hopes of waiting is to have a substantial down payment as well as let all of the hoopla die down from the release of this new model. I live in the Raleigh NC area. I moved here fairly recently, so finding a dealer willing to work with me is one of my first quests. My dad is a Ford mechanic down in Florida and will be giving me a pin number for A/D plan pricing. His dealer, unfortunately is not large enough to be allotted any of the Shelbys.

Anyways, great to be here! I hope to learn a lot of information ahead of owning my own GT350!

Welcome and congrats on soon to purchase GT350! I'm sure you will find a wealth of information here as well as the occasional naysayer... The stuff I have heard so far is that these are awesome cars and that the dealers are adding ridiculous ADM's.

Thanks for the welcome. Yea, all the dealers I've seen with them have had around a $10k mark-up. My hopes of waiting is to either find a reasonably priced used one or order a new one below MSRP using my dad's d-plan. I find the mark up ridiculous, but then there are idiots willing to pay it....just not me.

My goal is a base model with either white with blue stripes or blue with white stripes, depending on what color choices are available for the 2017 model year. The track or tech package add a ton to the price and although those options are nice; I feel the base is plenty equipped for my tastes.

Edited by bubbasuwannee

Welcome to Team Shelby hope you can get what you want, but it maybe a while before the prices on the G.T350 settle down . Lots of info on this sight to get you up to speed on the G.T 350, as for the car itself I can tell you its an awesome car as I was lucky enough to drive one. If you are looking to track a car this is the one.

Start looking on AutoTrader. There are some dealers claiming MSRP, but you'll have to talk with them. Don't know if the AXZD plan pricing will work on the GT350s. Didn't when I bought my 500 in 2010. Read the fine print, they have been excluding the GT500s, F-150 Raptors and Focus RSs; even from the $500 discounts/incentives (military, college grad, etc).

Hi folks,

Since the news of the new GT350 coming a while back, I've been intrigued by the possibility of owning one. I had wanted a Boss 302 back when I purchased my 13' GT, but it wasn't in the cards. I sold my 13' GT this past Summer with the plan to order/purchase a GT350 middle/late 2016, a 2017 model. Having never ordered a new car, I'm here to get any information about this as well as any information from current GT350 owners. My hopes of waiting is to have a substantial down payment as well as let all of the hoopla die down from the release of this new model. I live in the Raleigh NC area. I moved here fairly recently, so finding a dealer willing to work with me is one of my first quests. My dad is a Ford mechanic down in Florida and will be giving me a pin number for A/D plan pricing. His dealer, unfortunately is not large enough to be allotted any of the Shelbys.

Anyways, great to be here! I hope to learn a lot of information ahead of owning my own GT350!

I seriously doubt any of the A/D/X plans can be used on GT350s. The plan doscs say that SVT vehicles are excluded (Although that's an old term, now Ford Performance). It's unlikely you're going to get a discount while they are flying off the shelves at over MSRP.

Not a deal breaker if the D plan isn't valid. My goal is to pay no more than MSRP. With the timeline I'm looking at, I hope the prices come down as the newness wears off. I'm sure ford has some other performance vehicles in the works such as a new GT500 model.

Edited by bubbasuwannee

Not a deal breaker if the D plan isn't valid. My goal is to pay no more than MSRP. With the timeline I'm looking at, I hope the prices come down as the newness wears off. I'm sure ford has some other performance vehicles in the works such as a new GT500 model.

Yeah, I'm hoping I can get a new Ford GT on the plan too :)

Yeah, I'm hoping I can get a new Ford GT on the plan too :)

My Dad's dealer didn't have any issue with it, but they don't think they'll be able to order any 2017s. They're too small of a dealer unfortunately. Regardless of the d-plan, my Dad's dealer will sell at or just above invoice to employees/close family members. I wonder if they could do a dealer transfer and get me a better price. I'm sure the difference between invoice and MSRP is small.

The Ford dealer X and D plans, also available to Mustang Club of America members, is not available for limited production, performance Fords. No Shelby, Boss, Raptor, etc. has been included in the offer.

I figured as much; I was trying to find the fine print online regarding this, but was unsuccessful.