TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New From Texas... Hi and a Couple of Questions

Dov

Hi Guys,

Just purchased my 2012 with the SVTPP package and have been loving it as my DD while my wife took over our F250 King Ranch. Low miles with just over 8K on the clock. I have already registered and updated the owner to reflect me in the shelby registry. I have owned a couple of mustangs (my first car was a '67), a couple of vettes, and a few of Japanese/American turbo/SC cars/trucks (VR4, Syclone, Lightning). I then spent some time building Land Rovers and Toyota's for exploring the great US outdoors offroad with my family. I am passionate about my vehicles! :)

Anyway, glad to be part of the shelby family and have a couple of questions...

-I noticed that under the hood, over my front towers, I have some billet aluminum covers that say GRIPP. I am guessing these are BBK's caster/camber kit? Anyone familiar with this? I found the info on BBK's site but looking for information on what the stock suspension should be so I can find out if what is there is aftermarket now or not. The car sits low (level) in the rear and has a nice aggressive stance... but can't tell if the front was lowered too. My assumption is yes just because of the kit that appears to be installed but not sure yet.

-The car is running a Lund Tune. Was this something that would have been done by Lund directly or would a tuner have been purchased and used by the previous owner?

Dov,

Welcome to the Team. You'll find plenty of great people with tons of experience and expertise on our cars here. You certainly don't have the stock suspension set up, as the stock configuration is just the strut poking through the opening and some rubber and factory nuts to hold things in place. The presence of a caster/camber mod doesn't necessarily mean lowered. You should be able to just check out the springs/struts to determine whether they're still OEM Ford pieces or aftermarket.

Lund tunes can either be sent to you electronically to put in your own tuner, or you can upgrade to a remote tune session at a shop. If you have, or can obtain any ID info on original owner, it might be well worth the effort to contact him/her and talk about the mods installed, and any "good to know" info about the car.

Good luck with your ride, brother. Enjoy the miles.

All the best,

Quinn

Congrats and Welcome!!

Once you get the Lund tune sorted out you will probably love it! Had mine in for a couple years now, and it has been the most

Trouble free tune I have ever used. (Not to mention unbelievable performances!)

WELCOME,

Mike

Dov,

Did you get a handheld programmer like a SCT3 or a SCT4? If not, you will need to get one, and get a stock tune.

I bought a privately sold GT500 with a VMP tune, but they wouldn't give me ANY customer service help, claiming privacy laws. I knew the previous owner's address, phone number, etc. it was a private sale. I think they were more interested in making a buck, than actually helping, which turned me off. So you might have to "re-buy" the same tune just to get any kind of customer service. Lund might be different though. I actually bought a Lund tune just to have customer service, and I still own the VMP tunes just for fun I guess.

Hey MTYQIN, that's a GREAT engine bay pic! Looks great!

Thanks for the welcome guys. No tuner came with the car... didn't even know it was tuned or had the pully until I tried to register it in the registry here and told it was already registered and I could update owner info instead.

The car was in absolutely pristine shape and well taken care of with only 8K. I don't have any reason right now to mess with the tune or mods and already took it to my Ford dealer who didn't give me any trouble with anything. Inspection passed fine at dealer as well. Still getting used to the power and learning the feel of this car but thoroughly enjoying it.

Is there any way to get owner info out of the registry from the previous? Don't need an address... just curious for an email at least.

Dov,

Glad it is working out for you. I would offer one piece of advice since you have a custom tune with no tuner. Be very cautious about taking the car into the dealer for work. It is not unheard of for a dealership to update the strategy code on the car's PCM. (Without notifying the owner). You could find yourself in a bit of a pickle should this happen. Take a look at this info from Brensped..........http://www.brenspeed.com/dealerflash.html

Best of luck,

Mike

Thanks Mike! Interestingly, Brenspeed Texas is just down the street from me about 5 or 10 minutes. Didn't realize that till after I bought the Shelby.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome guys. No tuner came with the car... didn't even know it was tuned or had the pully until I tried to register it in the registry here and told it was already registered and I could update owner info instead.

The car was in absolutely pristine shape and well taken care of with only 8K. I don't have any reason right now to mess with the tune or mods and already took it to my Ford dealer who didn't give me any trouble with anything. Inspection passed fine at dealer as well. Still getting used to the power and learning the feel of this car but thoroughly enjoying it.

Is there any way to get owner info out of the registry from the previous? Don't need an address... just curious for an email at least.

Hi Dov,

I sent you a PM and can try and assist with registry needs.

David