TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A/F ratio guage

1badsho

I got the Cobalt Autometer series guages ... A/F and boost guage .. sharp looking package.

Well though I am getting more familiar with the guage and this isnt my firt Super Charged car ... its still a learning curve.

I have noticed in the past mth that my A/F ratio under full boost has gone from 11.4 to 10.7 / 10.9

It didnt feel like i was loosing power .... though i should have a little .. since its telling me the car is running fatter.

I thought something might be up with the guage or sending unit but had a young kid who bought a Lighting F 150 from us today and he was really knowledgable about this.

I mentioned this to him and he said thats normal. Basically he said in the summer with the summer heat the A/F ratio will run fatter and with the cooler air in the winter run leaner

Dont know alot about A/F ratios but it does make sense

meant to include a pict of the A/F gauge i got

post-7556-1182474278_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1182474278_thumb.jpg

Nice guage.

How does it hook up?

I had an Edelbrock guage in an older vehcle, but had to install my own oxygen sensor.

Does this hook to the factory oxygen sensor in some way?

Thanks ! ... I put a bung in front of the cat and the AF gauge has its own sensor

Okay so you did have to have another connection welded on? I thought maybe they had a way to split the signal from a factory wire or something.

I have the same gauge. It's very nice and it comes with the bung that is welded in. I have headers so it's at the collectors but either way you do have to put on a new bung. It can be poped out for the dyno runs though and the bung used to measure A/F there as well which is nice.

I have the same gauge. It's very nice and it comes with the bung that is welded in. I have headers so it's at the collectors but either way you do have to put on a new bung. It can be poped out for the dyno runs though and the bung used to measure A/F there as well which is nice.

Iceman,

I see you are running the 373 gears, I am thinking about having them installed when i have the stage II and ultimate suspension package installed by Evelution performance in July. If you don't mind could you tell me if there are any good or bad issues whith them? what rpm does it run in 6th gear?

thanks

mike

just spoke to justin of VMP .. but he doesnt believe that the outside temp should affect the A/F ratio gauge that I have as much as it did.

he thinks its more learned strategie than anything and recommends me to disconnect the battery and see if thats it .. he also thinks since i am not reving through the complete rpms .. thats a reason why its showing fatter.

Again .. before the A/F ratio gauge .. starting in 4th doing about 45 and than flooring it to about 70 mph ... would go to 11.2 11.4 .. pretty much where its suppose to.

now the gauge is registering .. 10.7 10.9 doing following the same scenario ... any input from the list ?

never got a respond to the original thread.

My A/F ratio which was reading correctly about a mth ago ( 11.4 +/- ) is now reading under full throttle 10.8 +/-

Had a guy in who bought a lightening F 150 from us and he does his own work on the truck and said that A/F ratios will vary and that in the summer the car will run fatter while in the cooler mths run leaner.

Justin of VMP doesnt buy this .. he thinks its more learned strategie from the motor than anything else or the gauge isnt reading accurately anynmore.

Does anyone else have any thoughts about this ??

I know the tune is still the same and the motor still feels as strong as it did a mth ago.

So any input ???

Archived