TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 dealer mark up backlash

Just curious how is the color of the leather holding up? Is it difficult to keep clean? I would worry a little about that due to having 3 kids, but I heard they are making it in black this year as well. I wish they would make it in a brown like the King Ranch interior.

The interior worried me some, but Ive got two young uns, 6 and 8, and they are pretty hard on their seat space. I havent had any issues keeping it clean yet. The black interior just hit the dealerships as part of the Job 2 changes. For 2017, the new explorers get the updated nav Sync 3 which includes Apple CarPlay. There is a company that has the internals to swap it out on mine, but Im not quite ready to do that. My Terlingua has a Pioneer Avic with carplay, and its pretty awesome.

I also would have liked a King Ranch edition. That would have been SWEET! I had a Sport, but the new platinum has lane assist, massage seats, a unique instrument cluster that is WAY WAY better, and all options come standard on it. I didnt know about the black interior until I had already bought mine- (like the day after) or I would have done that. But the seats are really comfy, and the wood trim and leather wrapped dash and heated steering wheel is awesome.

They had the Continental out at Barrett Jackson, and it beats the Lexus LS460L by a pretty large margin. My parents 460 is such a piece of shit. Its ALWAYS at the dealer, and its there right now in fact. 1500.00 every time a headlight goes out, and they have replaced it 5 or 6 times already in 5 years.

The interior worried me some, but Ive got two young uns, 6 and 8, and they are pretty hard on their seat space. I havent had any issues keeping it clean yet. The black interior just hit the dealerships as part of the Job 2 changes. For 2017, the new explorers get the updated nav Sync 3 which includes Apple CarPlay. There is a company that has the internals to swap it out on mine, but Im not quite ready to do that. My Terlingua has a Pioneer Avic with carplay, and its pretty awesome.

I also would have liked a King Ranch edition. That would have been SWEET! I had a Sport, but the new platinum has lane assist, massage seats, a unique instrument cluster that is WAY WAY better, and all options come standard on it. I didnt know about the black interior until I had already bought mine- (like the day after) or I would have done that. But the seats are really comfy, and the wood trim and leather wrapped dash and heated steering wheel is awesome.

They had the Continental out at Barrett Jackson, and it beats the Lexus LS460L by a pretty large margin. My parents 460 is such a piece of shit. Its ALWAYS at the dealer, and its there right now in fact. 1500.00 every time a headlight goes out, and they have replaced it 5 or 6 times already in 5 years.

Thanks for the info, I still like the Q7 a lot, but I am tempted to give it to the wife and trade her Odyssey for one.

I just looked up the Continental, it looks like Ford is finally getting serious about the Lincoln Brand, I would love to switch to a Lincoln. Looks like I will be going to the NY Car Show this year!!!

Edited by carnut12

Yeah, a friend here just bought a 350 for 1k over. It got advertised on Facebook, and got snatched up with a quickness.

By the way, that's close to the "program fee". If I was buying from a low volume dealer who got one car I would not object to paying the tax he had to pay to get the car in his lot. On the other hand if he got an allocation of 5, that's not such a requirement.

What is a "quickness"? Is that like a check or cash? :hysterical:

That's a phone call that goes like this-

"Thank you for calling Unicorn Ford, how can I help you?"

"Yeah, I saw you have a 350 for 1k over MSRP?"

"Yeah, looking right at it"

"Awesome, here is my Amex number, and I'm on my way to pick it up. I'm an hour away, so I'll be there in 35 minutes."

• 3 weeks later...

Info on gt350 nice but a bit overpriced

Skip to main content

eBay

Shop by category

Enter your search keyword

Advanced

Hi! Sign in or registerDaily DealsGift CardsSellHelp & ContactShop Deals

My eBayExpand My eBay

Notification

Back to search results |Listed in category:

eBay Motors>Cars & Trucks>Ford>Mustang

2016-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350

Click to view larger image and other views

Have one to sell? Sell now

2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

Shelby GT350 - Only 260 Mi - Track Package - Black Roof & Wheels

| Add to watch list

Popular 18 viewed per hour

Seller : franzforman (474 ) 100% Positive feedback

Follow this seller | See other items

Item condition:Used

Time left: Time left: 17d 13h 3/14, 3:31PM

Price:US $78,500.00 Buy It Now

Immediate payment of US $500.00 is required.

Best Offer: Make Offer

19 watching Add to watch list

Add to collection

Located in United States

Best offer available

Get low monthly payments | get an instant decision

Order an inspection from WeGoLook | Learn More

Shipping: Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping | Vehicle shipping quote available

Item location:

Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Ships to:

Worldwide

Payments:

Deposit of US $500.00 within 24 hours of auction close

Immediate deposit is required for Buy It Now

Full payment is required within 7 days of auction close

Report item

Description current

Vehicle History Report

Shipping and payments

eBay item number:121902816711

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Vehicle Specifics for 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

You've got your eye on a 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

We've got our eye on the Vehicle's History

AutoCheck found 1 records for this 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

VIN:1FA6P8JZ6G5521924

Style/Body:Coupe

Buy AutoCheck Report

Powered By AutoCheck

Item specifics

Condition: Used VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 1FA6P8JZ6G5521924

Year: 2016 Transmission: Manual

Make: Ford Body Type: Coupe

Model:

Mustang

Vehicle Title: Clear

Engine: 8 Fuel Type: Gas

Mileage: 260 For Sale By: Dealer

Sub Model: Shelby GT350 Disability Equipped: No

Exterior Color: Gray Doors: 2

Interior Color: Black Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

agree. the high redline and carbon fiber rims are a bit of a gimmick really. the car magazine journslists are guilty of this all the time as they cite performance (and specifically track metrics) as of paramount importance when few people use street cars for that purpose. who really cares about Nurburgring times when all you do is drive stoplight to stoplight or cruise the freeway? And $4,000 replacement cost for each rim on a $60k car is way out of proportion for what a typical owner can afford. i'd never drive it for fear of screwing them up. more importantly, ford racing offers turnkey race cars with a single part number if you're really serious about tracking a mustang.

OK, lets discuss this rationally. The carbon fiber wheels reduce unsprung weight significantly. That means better handling and more RWH. The high rev limit is the only way to get that 526 without power adders which, add weight over the front wheels. Lets keep our conversations civil now

sure. i mean its a bad ass car, no doubt. i still cant get into the styling of it, but at least its better looking (to me) than the 5.0 GT. my point is that its praised as being a track ready car. which it is... even moreso with the R model. but as street cars go, those elements that make it track ready are just a sales gimmick. its first and foremost a street car, where there are potholes and speed bumps, speed limits and stoplights, shitty gas and traffic. you get the idea. if someone really wanted a track car, Ford Racing offers complete cars as single part numbers in their catalog. my main point here is that there is a bit of a disconnect between what journalists and marketing types value and what customers have to live with. not saying it's right or wrong or should be different, just pointing out that it exists. i like to read what journalists, marketers and fans say, but take it all with a grain of salt.

Edited by 2007red40thGT500

It's no use, Tim. Some guys here just won't get it. So he doesn't want any track-ready cars available to us non-professional racecar drivers. We're just enthusiasts and racedriver wanna-bees that don't deserve to have a hobby of autocrossing on our track days. Forget the Boss 302's and GT350's, Z/28's, Corvette's, Vipers and Cobras. 2007red40th, there's a nice Fiesta waiting for you at your local Ford dealer. And forget about the ST model. Hand over your keys to the GT500. :nonono::kuko:

:club:

sure. i mean its a bad ass car, no doubt. i still cant get into the styling of it, but at least its better looking (to me) than the 5.0 GT. my point is that its praised as being a track ready car. which it is... even moreso with the R model. but as street cars go, those elements that make it track ready are just a sales gimmick. its first and foremost a street car, where there are potholes and speed bumps, speed limits and stoplights, shitty gas and traffic. you get the idea. if someone really wanted a track car, Ford Racing offers complete cars as single part numbers in their catalog. my main point here is that there is a bit of a disconnect between what journalists and marketing types value and what customers have to live with. not saying it's right or wrong or should be different, just pointing out that it exists. i like to read what journalists, marketers and fans say, but take it all with a grain of salt.

Your comments are correct except, The R is the only Model with the Carbon Fiber Wheels. and if you have and R, you should be a pretty healthy track driver, not so much street. I have a Tech pack car. Heated and cooled seats, Nav but Aluminum wheels. Its extremely comfortable and very fast, on or off track. Looks are subjective, I happen to love the look so, I bought the car. I already have a race only car. Yes, with 400 RWHP, Its faster on track then the GT350, R model or not. Its faster then the GT500's I owned and the newer Shelby GT350's that Came out of SAI. I cant drive it to the track and, I would not want to add all the money I have in the car. An R Model would be cheap.

lets not go there. if i want to be here, i will. the fact that a few instigators jumped threads to insult me should not go unnoticed, by the way. all in all, my posts have been pretty mild. thats all i will say about it. have a good evening.

Edited by 2007red40thGT500

lets not go there. if i want to be here, i will. the fact that a few instigators jumped threads to insult me should not go unnoticed, by the way. all in all, my posts have been pretty mild. thats all i will say about it. have a good evening.

There is a reason we have people who moderate the site. We have rules and we all need to follow them. That does not mean you have to keep your opinion to yourself. It does mean you have to be decent. As I said in the last post in another thread you were involved with, what you say is true many times, how you say it is the issue. Try to keep that in mind and post away

Greetings Folks,

As a new GT350 owner, I would like to throw in my 2.5 cents worth of observations. From a buyer’s perspective, a good deal may be determined through the prudent application of knowledge (research) and experience the buyer may have when setting an evaluation of worth on the object to be acquired. Once the predetermined value is set and a buying strategy drafted, one can proceed to negotiate and settle for the best deal possible. One could anticipate that a buyer would close the deal if the cost falls within the predetermined value. As a valuation guide, one may compare the information available on competing products to derive to a realistic market value. Again, a value based on personal knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, some individuals will rely mostly on commercial hype and somewhat bias sources of information, which too often turn out to be subjective. I for one arrived to the conclusion, that the vehicle I purchased met all the personal criteria needed to seal the deal. My ability to spec the vehicle, control the delivery, test-drive a like model, and a number of other factors weighed on the final decision. Armed with the results of thorough research and the benefit of sampling/test-driving competing, superior, and comparable platforms (such as 911s, Z-06s, Z-28s, M3s, and GT500s), I quickly realized that (in my opinion) a GT350 could easily justify/command valuations compatible to the vehicles mentioned above. However gents, it remains a personal issue. Unlike some, I do not value a vehicle purchase solely on the bottom line number. I was prepared to pay much more for “my” Shelby and yes, even when being aware that in a not so distant future, some individuals may be able to purchase a GT350 at MSRP or even cheaper. I guarantee you it will not be this car …not my “Voodoo Child”. History has shown some of us that sometimes, car valuations are not about the bottom line. I wonder how many ST members actually know the legacy of the 1965 GT350 and Shelby. Who knew then that if you want to own one today…you wil have to dump $1,150,000.00, as opposed to $4547.00 in 1965. MSRP notwithstanding, It seems that for the most part, current GT350s go for a higher valuation around the Pacific Northwest (80K plus) and gradually decrease towards the southeast (60K plus …exceptions noted). In my humble opinion, Ford missed the mark with the GT350 and underpriced (MSRP) the vehicle... obviously, dealers are pleased with that. God bless capitalism and the free market ...God bless America ...God bless all of you. Thank you for your courtesy.

Edited by Voodoo Child

Free enterprise... what more can you say?

On my search over about weeks I found the mark-ups quite insane in some cases, one dealership in Rockwall TX had (still does) 4 of them @ 78k, I’m sure someone with more money than sense will buy them eventually.

One dealer actually said they price them where they did so they would not sell in order to create traffic into their dealership.

I myself decided to keep emotion out of the deal and be patient I started searching dealerships outside of major metropolitan areas (also not affiliated to one) and found mine 2hrs away (well worth the voyage) for 5k over MSRP . To my surprise what I also found was in small town dealership was professional, courteous down right just good people who were appreciative of my business! Probably the best car buying experience I have ever had! Paying 5k over not something I normally do but I accepted the deal for the opportunity at a numbered production vehicle.

And to be honest after driving back home grinning like a Cheshire cat the 2hrs back home I woke up the next morning with no buyer’s remorse.

Got this e-mail from a dealership yesterday:

Sorry, we are firm at MSRP plus $20,000 on the GT350 & MSRP plus $40,000 on the GT350R

Vivian Zarate
Internet Manager
201-380-1620
All American Ford of Hackensack
520 River Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601

I am not in the market for a GT350, but know people who are...............................but none dumb enough to pay ADM's.

That's a laugher.

So an R at this "dealership" will cost the consumer what? $100,000?

For that price I'd rather call SAI and have them build me a SS or a Terlingua.

At $60,000 an R is an outstanding value, but at $100,000? Not so much.

That's a laugher.

So an R at this "dealership" will cost the consumer what? $100,000?

For that price I'd rather call SAI and have them build me a SS or a Terlingua.

At $60,000 an R is an outstanding value, but at $100,000? Not so much.

Exactly, I would take a GT4, Boxster Spyder, Z06 or a new Grand Sport, Viper.....ect

Actually with the $40K ADM it is over $100K, that is ridiculous. Everyone thinks differently, but for me it rubs me the wrong way and pushes me towards other brands just like in 2006/2007 when I bought an M3 due to all the ADM's.

Edited by carnut12