TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 dealer mark up backlash

KCMO GT-500....... I agree with your statement. That's why I do so much more find my 2014 GT'500 TP/PP Shelby much more appealing to own. The torque that the Beast puts out at such low RPM would give the average driver chills. Get Sum!!

KCMO GT-500....... I agree with your statement. That's why I do so much more find my 2014 GT'500 TP/PP Shelby much more appealing to own. The torque that the Beast puts out at such low RPM would give the average driver chills. Get Sum!!

I loved my 2014 gt500 too. But going into another section and saying how your car is better is no different than my wife and I going to a friends house and saying that our kids are better than theirs. I mean, it may be true, but it's maybe one of those things you just maybe don't do out of some small sense of politeness. I think it's safe to assume if you have a Shelby GT, or a KR or a gt500 still, it's probably because the owner likes it better than other builds.

Tim, lol, indeed. How's the new 350? You been quiet!

Anyone looking for one at sticker? I know of a red black stripe tech package for msrp :)

Good to know, wish I was in the market. I can't get myself to sell my GT/SC, otherwise this would be my next toy. I may add another toy, but I like to mix up my stable, posisibly another Porsche or Alfa 4C, time will tell.

Hopefully someone takes advantage of this!!!

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth.

You want an ADM? You can't handle an ADM.

How about a markup of $1,000,000?

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/02/05/aston-martin-vulcan-sale-cleveland-official/

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/one-of-24-aston-martin-vulcan-track-cars-goes-up-for-sale-in-ohio/

So on a scale from 1 to 10, GT350's are cheap at 1

Edited by twobjshelbys

I loved my 2014 gt500 too. But going into another section and saying how your car is better is no different than my wife and I going to a friends house and saying that our kids are better than theirs. I mean, it may be true, but it's maybe one of those things you just maybe don't do out of some small sense of politeness. I think it's safe to assume if you have a Shelby GT, or a KR or a gt500 still, it's probably because the owner likes it better than other builds.

Tim, lol, indeed. How's the new 350? You been quiet!

Well, there is still snow on the ground so, no time yet although I could just sit in it and switch the exhasut back and forth. I loved all my cars, my 500 and my KR but, this is a diffent breed and I think the best so far. There will be more to come as Mark was telling us. I hope to have it at the bash

Be careful, there are those on this board that will attack you for buying anything but Blue Oval.

Lol, I hear you, I ignore them. I have owned mostly German cars, in my opinion they have better build quality and significantly better interiors. That said, I think American brands are catching up and in some cases passing the German brands especially when it comes to overall Value. The Corvette is a good example, its value over the 911 is significant. I prefer the 911, but if I were buying one today it would be difficult to buy a 911 over a Vette. On the flip side I would never consider the current Lincoln/Cadillac lineup over the Audi/BMW/Mercedes or even Lexus offerings.

It's great to have choices, it's also great the American brands are catching up, because of this all brands are being driven to a higher level.

:boring:

LOL nut man you must be German! Wonder why people buy the Japanese copies of German cars? Because they stay running longer.

Edit: The Ford/Lincoln offerings are far more reliable than BMW's or GM's.

I don't keep cars long, I can care less about long term reliability, if I kept cars long I would have a Lexus all day long. Japanese copies??? I don't even know what you're talking about; Lexus/Infiniti/Acura don't drive anything like Audi/BMW/Mercedes. If Ford/Lincoln stepped up I would consider them. It looks like the 2017 Fusion will have the eco-boost engine, that is a start. Find me a Lincoln or Ford that comes close to comparing to an A6/S6 and you'll get my attention. Hyundai is light years ahead of Lincoln, let's catch up to them first and then think about the Germans.

When it comes to luxury sedans Tesla is the first to give the Germans a run since Lexus many moons ago.

Edited by carnut12

I don't keep cars long, I can care less about long term reliability,.... I don't even know what you're talking about...

If Ford/Lincoln stepped up I would consider them. It looks like the 2017 Fusion will have the eco-boost engine, that is a start. Find me a Lincoln or Ford... Hyundai is light years ahead of Lincoln....

When it comes to luxury sedans Tesla is the first to give the Germans a run since Lexus many moons ago....

:hysterical2: :hysterical2:

Wow a little opinionated aren't you- so how long have you had your FORD Shelby GT?? You have said the longest owned brand you have? You don't keep your cars long because the ones you buy don't last. Lincolns have been available with ecoboost for 5 years now, maybe you should do some research before making incorrect assumptions.

See, I told about some of those type here. Luckily, there aren't very many, but he is the leader.

Yep, I am the voice of reason and facts, while you and your buddies attempt to belittle any product that Ford builds. Everywhere on this website and probably other forums, poor SAAC.

:hysterical2: :hysterical2:

Wow a little opinionated aren't you- so how long have you had your FORD Shelby GT?? You have said the longest owned brand you have? You don't keep your cars long because the ones you buy don't last. Lincolns have been available with ecoboost for 5 years now, maybe you should do some research before making incorrect assumptions.

The ones I have don't last? What does that mean? Your posts make no sense. A Lincoln with Eco-boost isn't close to Audi A6/S6 performance or build quality. I'm well aware they are available with eco-boost just like the ancient Taurus.

Opinionated, check out the sales numbers, I'd venture to say a lot more people share my opinion then yours.

A Lincoln with Eco-boost isn't close to Audi A6/S6 performance or build quality. I'm well aware they are available with eco-boost just like the ancient Taurus.

Have you driven a Lincoln? "Ancient Taurus?" You mean the current generation from 2010? So it's only ok for BMW's, Porsche's and Audi's to look virtually unchanged for decades??? Now that's comical!! :hysterical2:

Edit: Maybe you should lay off the German kool-aide, nut!

Edited by Secondo

Have you driven a Lincoln? "Ancient Taurus?" You mean the current generation from 2010? So it's only ok for BMW's, Porsche's and Audi's to look virtually unchanged for decades??? Now that's comical!! :hysterical2:

Edit: Maybe you should lay off the German kool-aide, nut!

Kool-aid??? Once again your post is very difficult to comprehend. I have a ford, I have had it for over 8 years (By far the longest I have owned a car), obviously I like it a lot. I had an Expedition not that long ago, I loved that truck as well. I have Ford/Shelby Banners in my Garage, my garage floor is Ford Blue/Black checkered. I sold my 911 instead of my Shelby when I decided to reduce down to 1 toy. So much for German kool-aid. I have owned many German, American, and Japanese cars; How many have you owned of each? You're the closed minded individual, not I. You're the one constantly throwing innuendos at folks if they don't completely agree with your opinion. Lighten up my friend, people have differences of opinion, you appear to take it personally.

I will add one more observation, the New Platinum Explorer is a great step forward, to me it competes with the Imports very well. If it came out prior to me buying my Q7 I would have considered it for sure. I hope they continue that trend with their cars and at some point with the Expedition (another REALLY Ancient model).

I have a new Platinum. I love it! 6600 miles in just over a month love it.

The new Lincoln Continental looks gorgeous. It's also going to have awd and good performance. My parents have a Lexus 470L, and my brother in law is an Audi guy and has a A7 and an R7. He actually thinks the SHO and the platinum are better drivers for the money.

But he's an Audi guy. It's fine. Whatever floats your boat. Just don't step up and talk to me about cars if you drive a Kia or a Prius or Fiat.

The rest of the car guys I can have a conversation with and appreciate the flavor we have to chose from!

Edited by DubbsFaris

I have a new Platinum. I love it! 6600 miles in just over a month love it.

The new Lincoln Continental looks gorgeous. It's also going to have awd and good performance. My parents have a Lexus 470L, and my brother in law is an Audi guy and has a A7 and an R7. He actually thinks the SHO and the platinum are better drivers for the money.

But he's an Audi guy. It's fine. Whatever floats your boat. Just don't step up and talk to me about cars if you drive a Kia or a Prius or Fiat.

The rest of the car guys I can have a conversation with and appreciate the flavor we have to chose from!

I wish it came out a little earlier, my brother just bought the Sport and loves it, but I love that Platinum interior. The Platinum finally competes (Actually exceeds) Jeep as well, that is a huge step. I love the renderings of the new Lincoln, I look forward to seeing it in person when it comes out.

Just curious how is the color of the leather holding up? Is it difficult to keep clean? I would worry a little about that due to having 3 kids, but I heard they are making it in black this year as well. I wish they would make it in a brown like the King Ranch interior.

The Audi a6 looks just like Audi's from the 90's and base msrp is $46+k while the Lincoln MKZ starts at $35+k and debuted in 2013 with a brand-new design. Not sure where you get the "better build quality" comment from (the kool-aide) but maybe it's because the Audi is an old design and costs $11k more. And also your comment about Hyundai being "light years ahead" of Lincoln that really made me laugh at you. Why anyone would actually make comments like that here just amazes me. I'll ask you again, have you driven any of these vehicles to make those comments?

+1, now let's hear more about those shocked and disgusted about the way Ford and their dealers are handling this car.

And it all comes down to the fact that Ford cannot control it, and that the dealers alone are responsible for price out the door. Your only answer is to not buy their car. But in all likelihood, in the larger markets the atrocious ADMs will not go away but become lower and more tolerable and then someone who wants it bad enough will still pay over MSRP for it. In the smaller dealers they will drop the ADM or wholesale the vehicle to someone for a profit. It's all about time - eventually the floor plan costs will result in reevaluation. Patience.