TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT350 Upgrades

My apologies if this question has been answered earlier. I see that SAI is getting 700-750+ HP out of the current 5.0L Coyote when my 2011 GT350 is pushed at 624 HP. Is it the same engine with a tune and modified blower set up to get the greater HP? Can the 2011 set up be brought up the Super Snake power range at SAI?

:cool:

My apologies if this question has been answered earlier. I see that SAI is getting 700-750+ HP out of the current 5.0L Coyote when my 2011 GT350 is pushed at 624 HP. Is it the same engine with a tune and modified blower set up to get the greater HP? Can the 2011 set up be brought up the Super Snake power range at SAI?

:cool:

This can be very easily done

The latest FRPP tunes for Coyotes have features that were not available in 2011. Our original tunes compleatly defeated VVT. The newer tunes add some cam timing under boost.

My 2011 put 531hp to the wheels as it came from Shelby. With the upgrade, it now dynos at 610 rwhp with a very conservative tune. Adding back in drivetrain loss, I am very much in the 700-750 crank hp range.

I would recommend you seek out a Justin @VMP or Shaun @ AED to learn more.

Edited by MMcGuirk

About a month before I picked up my 2013 GT350, in May 2013, I got a call from my salesman at SAI and he said a 750 HP kit was now available to take my 624 HP build to that level, but it was not CARB compliant so car could not be sold in California, but otherwise was street legal and would pass smog tests everywhere else. I declined, since I thought, and still do, that 624 is all I really need. So this has been around a while.

This can be very easily done

The latest FRPP tunes for Coyotes have features that were not available in 2011. Our original tunes compleatly defeated VVT. The newer tunes add some cam timing under boost.

My 2011 put 531hp to the wheels as it came from Shelby. With the upgrade, it now dynos at 610 rwhp with a very conservative tune. Adding back in drivetrain loss, I am very much in the 700-750 crank hp range.

I would recommend you seek out a Justin @VMP or Shaun @ AED to learn more.

Do you have a Dyno sheet with those numbers? I can't see how you think you have those numbers with just a tune? The guys at Power by the Hour had my 2011 a couple months ago and after 1st dyno run they were surprised that the tune on it when it left Shelby was not a great performance tune so they retuned it which I think was done by Lund Racing and they found another 68hp and they said I can get a lot more but that would require some parts upgrade like pulley, performance cold-air kit, and a couple misc. items. Maybe your GT350 came with the 624hp as the one I own came with the 525hp option. I did add ARH headers and high-flow cats

I am curious to what your setup is if you are getting the 700hp+ numbers?

Give Frankie a phone call at 702-942-7325 to see if a power upgrade is available through SAI. I know that Super Snake owners can bring their car back for additional work like having a HoleShot package installed but not sure if we have anything for the 2011 GT350

Steve

Do you have a Dyno sheet with those numbers? I can't see how you think you have those numbers with just a tune? The guys at Power by the Hour had my 2011 a couple months ago and after 1st dyno run they were surprised that the tune on it when it left Shelby was not a great performance tune so they retuned it which I think was done by Lund Racing and they found another 68hp and they said I can get a lot more but that would require some parts upgrade like pulley, performance cold-air kit, and a couple misc. items. Maybe your GT350 came with the 624hp as the one I own came with the 525hp option. I did add ARH headers and high-flow cats

I am curious to what your setup is if you are getting the 700hp+ numbers?

I have multiple dyno sheets, from various dynos, that corroborate my numbers.

AED tuned the car on a dyno - which is the only way to do it in my opinion

I have a 624hp car. We added a JLT CAI and AED update the FRPP tune to the latest version. this was done in 2012.

Adding in variable cam timing to the exhaust accounted for 50 rwhp.

At 620 rwhp, and figuring 15% parasitic loss, that puts me at 730hp at the flywheel

Your 525hp car would require a pulley change also.

Edited by MMcGuirk

My shop guy's response was what is the altitude of where the dyno was done?

I'm going back to add the JLT CAI which he suggested and different pulley

Us 2011 GT350 owners have to keep the spoiled new 2016 GT350 owners in their place and would be nice to say to Super Snake owners little brother is just as quick

What you gonna do when the new 2015-'16 GT350 owners start buying their superchargers and getting 800+HP? :hysterical2:

I'm a little pessimistic that someone will want to test the reliability of the FPC 5.2 to that much. The whole engine and car is so finely tuned as a complete system. I certainly wouldn't want to be an "early adopter" of that(1). I could see doing it to the new crate engine.

(1) When/if Ford Performance offers such an upgrade then I will believe that others could do it within the parameters of the Ford version.

Edited by twobjshelbys

I'm a little pessimistic that someone will want to test the reliability of the FPC 5.2 to that much. The whole engine and car is so finely tuned as a complete system. I certainly wouldn't want to be an "early adopter" of that(1). I could see doing it to the new crate engine.

(1) When/if Ford Performance offers such an upgrade then I will believe that others could do it within the parameters of the Ford version.

Its been done and continues to be done.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/ford/mustang/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-hpe800-supercharged/

Warren reported last month that Jon Lund was developing a supercharged GT350 tune. It can be purchased here:http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/lundtunegt350.html

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/ford/mustang/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-hpe800-supercharged/

Warren reported last month that Jon Lund was developing a supercharged GT350 tune. It can be purchased here:http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/lundtunegt350.html

Warranty? Hennessy probably not. Lund is a tuner not a upgrader.

Who's gonna go first?

I still remain skeptical.

My shop guy's response was what is the altitude of where the dyno was done?

I'm going back to add the JLT CAI which he suggested and different pulley

Us 2011 GT350 owners have to keep the spoiled new 2016 GT350 owners in their place and would be nice to say to Super Snake owners little brother is just as quick

500 feet, 85 DegF, 65% humidity

There is a reason Ford did not use a supercharger on this engine and I think their engineers know what they're doing. Hennessey lol their stuff blows up all the time

Give Frankie a phone call at 702-942-7325 to see if a power upgrade is available through SAI. I know that Super Snake owners can bring their car back for additional work like having a HoleShot package installed but not sure if we have anything for the 2011 GT350

Steve

Thanks for the info, Steve. I will also be dropping in at the shop in a a couple of weeks. I just wondered how the set up on the new Coyote engine Super Snake is different than on what is in the the 624 HP GT350. Are we looking at the same engine, drivetrain etc. with in house upgrades, or is a n engine rebuild needed?

Thanks for the info, Steve. I will also be dropping in at the shop in a a couple of weeks. I just wondered how the set up on the new Coyote engine Super Snake is different than on what is in the the 624 HP GT350. Are we looking at the same engine, drivetrain etc. with in house upgrades, or is a n engine rebuild needed?

You might want to call Frank or Jake at Power by the Hour here in FL they are experts at tuning these things as after the first dyno on my 2011 GT350 a slight adjustment was made and found another 68hp before I added headers, high-flow cats, and a custom tune

It's best to give Frankie a phone call, he'll be able to answer those questions and perhaps some questions you haven't thought of.

Steve