TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MSRP Discounts have started...

Seabee

Looking through Auto Trader - Orleans Ford in Medina NY (about an hour out of Buffalo) has on Auto Trader and their website a 2016 GT350 w/Technology Pack, over the top racing strips, car cover, White/blue at a discount. Looking for $3200 less than MSRP. Have NOT talked with them to see what the deal is.

http://www.orleansford.net/new/Ford/2016-Ford-Mustang-6f6085dd0a0e0a170a2315f8d83191e0.htm

Maybe now some of the STEALERSHIPS will notice and realize that the order book for 2016 Closes 03/04/2016.

Edited by Seabee

Must have been an error in the listing, it is now showing a sales price of $73,345, quite a bit above MSRP.

My guess is the person that put it up put on the web site with the standard dealer discount for a regular old Mustang. I wonder if anyone tried to snarf it up for the advertised price.

• 1 month later...

Ok guys let's step back and look at this without all the emotion.

1. Price: Here in the valley of the Sun (PHX) there is a 2015 Ox White/blue strips, tech, $127,00 , a 2016 same $15,000 over, DI Blue/white strips $93,000, an Avalanche Gray/B strips/ Blk roof $98,000, another Blk /Blk strips at 15,000 over and it has just sold. I just had a clear bra put on mine and I was the forth one in the last month the shop has done. #1, $25,000 over, # 2, $20,000 over, #3, the day before me White/Blue strips 6,000 over bought in Texas and mine which I paid $60,000 for. One very good source in L.A. has sold me six cars said sorry but I can't sell them for under 20 over. My source here in PHX said he would sell at MSRP but only if he got an extra allocation from Ford. The prices are going to hold for a while because they are not close to the number of 2007 GT500 that were build. My guess is that half of the cars listed for sale the dealers did not have.

2. Cars: Apparently Ford never put a Tech car on a track to see what it would do or how it would do it, well If u check other blogs u will see that in

Florida guys are screaming that their tech cars are overheating after 20 minutes of hard running and going into sleep mode and they don't know why.

It's because tech cars do not have coolers, Eng-trans-rear end. If you put SHELBY on a car the everyday guy thinks RACE CAR and he should. If you look at what Ford is doing with the 2017, the track car has become the basic car and you start adding things to it from there. I agree with many that the price is going up, how much I don't know but they are going up. There is a lot of talk about how much it well cost and when will the after market come up with a fix so you can track your tech car. Because of that unknown tech car prices may soften some.

3. Numbers: Ford build 259 basic cars without tech or track, why I don't know but they did and people are buying them up. There are 1531 Tech cars so that is 1890 cars that can not be put on a track. Can your say BIG BOOB-BOOB, like the clutch problem in the 2007-2008 GT500s.

In Summary, comparing my 16 - 350 to my 07 - 500 is like comparing my 07 to my 67 you can't, they is more than night-n-day difference between them. So I will keep my 1 or 100 Comp Orange, 37 of 100 track pack and maybe 1 of 9 no strips or blk roof SHELBY GT350. At 70 all I need to do is keep lifting weights at the gym so I can keep pushing in the clutch pedal for the next twenty years.

Jay...

From what I have read, the engine is not the issue with the over-heating problem, but, it is the transmission. If you look under the car, my guess would be that the catalytic converters, one on each side of the tranny, probably has something to do with the over-heating transmission.

( In the photo below, the yellow plug is the plastic drain plug for the plastic oil pan.)

20160227_104856.sm_zpse3yfbudb.jpg

Edited by springer

Ok guys let's step back and look at this without all the emotion.

1. Price: Here in the valley of the Sun (PHX) there is a 2015 Ox White/blue strips, tech, $127,00 , a 2016 same $15,000 over, DI Blue/white strips $93,000, an Avalanche Gray/B strips/ Blk roof $98,000, another Blk /Blk strips at 15,000 over and it has just sold. I just had a clear bra put on mine and I was the forth one in the last month the shop has done. #1, $25,000 over, # 2, $20,000 over, #3, the day before me White/Blue strips 6,000 over bought in Texas and mine which I paid $60,000 for. One very good source in L.A. has sold me six cars said sorry but I can't sell them for under 20 over. My source here in PHX said he would sell at MSRP but only if he got an extra allocation from Ford. The prices are going to hold for a while because they are not close to the number of 2007 GT500 that were build. My guess is that half of the cars listed for sale the dealers did not have.

2. Cars: Apparently Ford never put a Tech car on a track to see what it would do or how it would do it, well If u check other blogs u will see that in

Florida guys are screaming that their tech cars are overheating after 20 minutes of hard running and going into sleep mode and they don't know why.

It's because tech cars do not have coolers, Eng-trans-rear end. If you put SHELBY on a car the everyday guy thinks RACE CAR and he should. If you look at what Ford is doing with the 2017, the track car has become the basic car and you start adding things to it from there. I agree with many that the price is going up, how much I don't know but they are going up. There is a lot of talk about how much it well cost and when will the after market come up with a fix so you can track your tech car. Because of that unknown tech car prices may soften some.

3. Numbers: Ford build 259 basic cars without tech or track, why I don't know but they did and people are buying them up. There are 1531 Tech cars so that is 1890 cars that can not be put on a track. Can your say BIG BOOB-BOOB, like the clutch problem in the 2007-2008 GT500s.

In Summary, comparing my 16 - 350 to my 07 - 500 is like comparing my 07 to my 67 you can't, they is more than night-n-day difference between them. So I will keep my 1 or 100 Comp Orange, 37 of 100 track pack and maybe 1 of 9 no strips or blk roof SHELBY GT350. At 70 all I need to do is keep lifting weights at the gym so I can keep pushing in the clutch pedal for the next twenty years.

Jay...

:reading:

Nicely done Jay! :clapping: … timely entry. Thank you for taking the time and clarifying the ADM/market situation. Also for rendering a comprehensive perspective, which seems to be supported with substantial depth and facts, (I trust that the figures have solid references). However, I am not surprised that even though Ford clearly classifies the option packages for a specific application, as such …buyers still purchase a “tech” option with sustained track activities in mind. I guess that I could complain that my radio system is not as good as the one in the “tech” package and that it will sound weak when the exhaust valves are open! :doh: Right? … also, watch out for those driving in challenging environmental conditions whom will run a track package full-out :peelout: …with their AC units on :cold: and later complain about consequences. :headscratch::redcard: Be well. :hat_tip:

Edited by Voodoo Child

Guest markham51

I looked at the differences between Track and Tech. One seemed to have a bunch of coolers? I wonder why? Probably because they NEEDED them. :doh:

I definitely think Ford should have done a better job communicating a caution to the people "in the middle" who thought they could order a tech car they could occasionally track. :shift:

I am sure the after market will come to the rescue of the "middlers" so they can have as much fun as those who ordered the track pack. Ford has built a Mustang that plays with the Porsches. That is way too cool. :love_shower:

Edited by markham51

• 4 weeks later...

Looking through Auto Trader - Orleans Ford in Medina NY (about an hour out of Buffalo) has on Auto Trader and their website a 2016 GT350 w/Technology Pack, over the top racing strips, car cover, White/blue at a discount. Looking for $3200 less than MSRP. Have NOT talked with them to see what the deal is.

http://www.orleansford.net/new/Ford/2016-Ford-Mustang-6f6085dd0a0e0a170a2315f8d83191e0.htm

Maybe now some of the STEALERSHIPS will notice and realize that the order book for 2016 Closes 03/04/2016.

Maybe I read it wrong, but the window sticker is $58k and the advertised price is over $73k. Where did you see MSRP minus $3200?

EDIT: Disregard my post. I had a senior moment! Been one of those days.

Edited by JUSTIFIED

I looked at the differences between Track and Tech. One seemed to have a bunch of coolers? I wonder why? Probably because they NEEDED them. :doh:

I definitely think Ford should have done a better job communicating a caution to the people "in the middle" who thought they could order a tech car they could occasionally track. :shift:

I am sure the after market will come to the rescue of the "middlers" so they can have as much fun as those who ordered the track pack. Ford has built a Mustang that plays with the Porsches. That is way too cool. :love_shower:

The only thing Ford did wrong was to rely on customers to educate themselves and their dealerships to ensure the public knew what they were buying. I have a tech pack car and, was well aware of the limitations of the car. I bought mine for a reason. I like the gadgets and I don't fit well in the Recaros. They have fixed that in 17 by just putting the parts on the car. It will be interesting to see where MSRP ends up.. In my case, I wanted a road car I can track once in a while. I will add coolers as they become available.

Or it's listed for that and when you call, it's 20k over....

Yes, these are the reports I'm hearing about. False or bait and switch advertising. I have yet to have anyone actually verify an under MSRP deal...except for me at $10 dollars under :)

• 2 weeks later...

The other factor is that a lot of dealers ordered tech cars. Some buyers had no choice and could not order from their local dealer. These dealers still have tech cars in the pipe line today. The 17 should have been the original 350 to begin with. Hell the 16 SS has 11 coolers on it. Ford really screwed things up with the either tech or track package.

I'll wait for a used 17 with the tech package. Those Recaros don't fit me anyway. But my 13 Boss 302 Recaros were fine ....go figure.

Edited by mach 1 1970